Dark souls help please - starting out

This topic is locked from further discussion.

oblivmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 oblivmasta
Member since 2006 • 253 Posts
Whats a good item(sword or shield) that I should try and go for after just starting out. I'm a wanderer and I have a master key.. I don't even know what to start up on this is ll so open!
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
The Drake Sword is best starting out weapon. Get enough arrows- maybe 100- and go underneath the bridge in Undead Parish and shoot off the dragon's tail. Don't get too comfortable with it because there are vastly better weapons later on.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
check out ign wiki. swords and shields boost are great BUT learning how to fight is more important
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

The Drake Sword is easily the best thing you can get early on. Get as many arrows as you can and just keep shooting at the tail of the dragon on top of the bridge in Undead Burg, and you get a nice sword that should last you a while. With upgrades it could hold you for a very long time, at least until you get enough Souls and Ore to craft a super powered version of another sword, or until you happen upon a sexy rare weapon or ability (like pyromancies and magic) that you would rather use.

The Drake Sword really is like a weapon meant to help new players, not a bad thing since Dark Souls is harder then Demon's Souls, but I don't remember Demon's Souls having any super helpful start weapons. Its nice to know about, and will definitely keep you alive.