This topic is locked from further discussion.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Hey all,

So I am curious to see who here is buying Dark Souls 2? What platform will you be getting it on (i.e. Xbox 360, or PC/PS3)?

I was going to pre-order the tin edition with the Soundtrack included but unfortunately it seems like all the UK stores have sold out of their allocation of stock.

Will this be your first go with a Dark Souls game or are you a veteran (i.e Dark Souls 1 or Demon Souls)?

Discuss!

racing247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By racing247
Member since 2013 • 97 Posts

i will def be getting it for the 360.
i have had dark souls for about a month and i have enjoyed every minute of it and heard good things about dark souls 2 so yup its on my get list.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#3 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

Definitely getting it eventually. Not sure if right away but it's one of those games that will needs your time and dedication.

Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts

I'll be buying it on the 360. I wanted to buy it for PC but I'm impatient so I'll just pick up an extra copy when it goes on sale on steam. It's the kind of game that is very different at the start of release because no one knows how the hell to play the game yet so I'll be picking it up day one.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 garfield360uk

@Sparky04:

I know how you feel. A friend of mine is getting it on Xbox 360 so I will likely get it there and on PC in the future (assuming the PC version is good as the first one was a little broken).

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Buying next week on my 360, the special edition hopefully (not the huge ass statue one )

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Theres much more economical ways of giving yourself a head ache.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

360 version next week ps3 version april i cant wait

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Not for me unfortunately. Never played any of the Souls games before and they just don't seem to appeal to me (let's just say I'm not a fan of very difficult games). I don't see myself sitting down trying to beat it or even getting into it that much.

Not saying the games bad in anyway, just not for me. On the other hand though I do enjoy watching people play the game on YouTube so I'll definitely be checking out some let's plays and the like. Hope everyone enjoys the game.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

I'll get the PS3 version. Can't wait. I've got two collectors editions and a black armor edition preordered. I'll probably cancel a collectors and the BA edition.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

I'll pass, getting killed a hundred times before you figure out the correct moves is not my idea of fun!

Thaymez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Thaymez
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts

I will be getting it for the PC- I would be getting it for the xbox1 but somebody who planned the game had a major brain fart and decided only to make it for last gen. Awesome franchise though and I can't wait to play it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu

You know. The PC version might come with a trainer that makes dying less cheap. Definately reccomend that.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

9/10. Souls games never disappoint it seems.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

getting it... but not on 360 because the community is much stronger on the "other" console. only thing i am worried about is the death penalty. i have heard that it it borderline broken during the early parts of the game because there are no human effigies to speak of to get your HP back.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Garfield360UK said:

Hey all,

So I am curious to see who here is buying Dark Souls 2? What platform will you be getting it on (i.e. Xbox 360, or PC/PS3)?

I was going to pre-order the tin edition with the Soundtrack included but unfortunately it seems like all the UK stores have sold out of their allocation of stock.

Will this be your first go with a Dark Souls game or are you a veteran (i.e Dark Souls 1 or Demon Souls)?

Discuss!

Till yesterday i was confused. First I thought let's get it for the pc, then when I saw the review on gamespot, i thought nah I'm not waiting one and a half month to play this.

But now I heard there was still no party chat. Well there's party chat but you have to play offline then.

That the graphics, the price... I'm thinking to get it on the pc, there are still some other games I'm thinking about playing, like ACIII or ACIV or demon souls, or two world II, enough stuff to do.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu

@ cyloninside

Well theres a very simple way around this problem. DON'T DIE ! Hahahaha !

In all seriousness though, gamespots's review said this new penalty is a good thing while IGN's reviewer didn't like it at all.

Oh and don't worrry, if you die ten times consecutively , the enemies you slay will stop respawning and the penalty will no longer take anymore of you maximum health once you reach 50 percent.

Cool huh ?

Prepare to Die !

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 garfield360uk

@evildead6789:

These are good points. Chances are I am going to end up double dipping on this one as my friend will be buying it on Xbox 360 at launch and then another will be getting it on PC (as well as the other friend who is getting it for Xbox 360). I guess I will see but chances are high that I will get it this weekend (unless I see a deal for Titanfall's launch then I may get that over Dark Souls 2 for the time being).