Credit Cards and Live! MS is EVil

This topic is locked from further discussion.

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 telefanatic
Member since 2007 • 3008 Posts

I cant believe how hard it is to remove a credit card from Live account, they keep charging me for the past two years and i didnt even have a 360 untill couple of months ago, i had one at launch and sold it few months later but my credit card was associated with my account there was no way to remove it so i called the costumer service department and after 30 minutes of arguing they told me they removed it. Come to find out they never did and they kept charging me for the past two years 7.99 a month because i had the month to month subscription. What the hell i just called them and explained everything and they telling me im making this up! I told them to look at my activity i was never on live for all this time. After arguing with them i hung up, now i bought a 3 month live card and whenever i try to enter it it keeps giving me an error !!!!!!!! Saying my billing info need to be updated and its asking for my credit card info again! I dont know what to do, im thinking of selling the 360 now i feel so ripped off.

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 telefanatic

I believe you can just log on to xbox.com to cancel it yourself?magicalclick

Tried that , it takes me to a update your credit card page right away , i cant even do anything.

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#4 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Hm...that's wierd...I know I did it once when I stopped using Live. I'm not sure how I did it, or maybe my credit card just expired :P. Another thing you can always do (and I know you're going to hate this) is call customer service and do it there.
Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chogyam
Member since 2003 • 1887 Posts

i had to call the credit company to cease all incoming MS billings, as i had the same problem almost 2 years ago.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Yeah.. the only way I believe is to cancel through xbox.com or call Microsoft and cancel and remove with them.
telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 telefanatic

I hate this company, now they are telling me i owe them for the last month because my credit card was denied because i switched banks. I cant even use the damn code unless i make a new account. That would suck i dont want to give them another penny. I think this is going on Ebay. Ill never touch one of their products again.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

They will never remove your CC. Thats why i bought gold cards on amazon when i used to have gold.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
log into xboxlive on the 360 , go to account settings/management and payment details, it lets you remove your card right away ... its easy, I've done it!!! you sir have just not tried hard enough or looked in the wrong place and are just getting angry cause of it ....
telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 telefanatic

log into xboxlive on the 360 , go to account settings/management and payment details, it lets you remove your card right away ... its easy, I've done it!!! you sir have just not tried hard enough or looked in the wrong place and are just getting angry cause of it ....penpusher

Just tried it doesnt let you do that. Keeps asking me to update the credit card information.

publicgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 publicgamer
Member since 2010 • 97 Posts

ive had the same problem. i bought my brother some live time and i tried for like 30min trying to remove my card information but it just kept transfering me to different pages. i dont think that MS should be allowed to pull this kind of crap.

jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

sooooo, you don't check your credit card statement in two years?

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
[QUOTE="jlevin860"]

sooooo, you don't check your credit card statement in two years?

i know how stupid, if you beleive the transactions are unauthorised contact your credit card company and ask for a chargeback. you should be able to do it at least for the last so many months.
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#15 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

It always makes sense to chat to someone over the phone concerning the removal of a credit card, just to make sure..

Surely you statements would of showed your cards activity over the past couple of years; what an unusual predicament; you really do need to keep an eye on your finances !

It would be a pity to loose out on some great gaming; just because of a misunderstanding or misused card..

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 penpusher

[QUOTE="penpusher"]log into xboxlive on the 360 , go to account settings/management and payment details, it lets you remove your card right away ... its easy, I've done it!!! you sir have just not tried hard enough or looked in the wrong place and are just getting angry cause of it ....telefanatic

Just tried it doesnt let you do that. Keeps asking me to update the credit card information.

ok just checked mine,,, first off sorry my bad I got myself confused with turning off auto-renewal rather than removing cards...but second I found on the same page "to remove credit cards go to xbox.com/accounts , I did this, logged in, went to manage payment options and removed my card ... which in total took aobut 5 minutes ... so I apologise for my first slip up but my original point still stands in that you didnt look hard enough mate, it literally just now took 5 minutes so it shouldnt take you any longer
kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

i work in retail, and i am sorry but i DO NOT pity u in anyway. we have had to many people NOT READ their contracts at the time of purchasing goods a interest bearing finance (an account where interest is accrued annually, ie the opposite to interest free). they will then sit there and whinge that they werent told despite ample opportunites to have READ THE STATEMENTS AND INFORMATION that they freely signed.

please, for the love of god, customers u need to read things and pay attention, or else this might happen, or u'll get a massive bill for data on ur iphone because u didnt read the charges if u go over, etc. peoeple need to take responsibility for their actions.

If you had checked ur statement like normal people do 2 YEARS AGO, u wouldn;t have needed to make this thread.

I am sorry.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

log into xboxlive on the 360 , go to account settings/management and payment details, it lets you remove your card right away ... its easy, I've done it!!! you sir have just not tried hard enough or looked in the wrong place and are just getting angry cause of it ....penpusher

Ditto. I did the exact same without any problems at all. Now, I get emails a few weeks in advance of my subscription running out. I don't see a problem.

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

That is your own fault buddy, even if you don't remove your card, all you have to do is turn auto renewall off... And then when your membership ends, you can remove the card.

MCDogDoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MCDogDoo
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

I had similar issue with one of my credit cards. When I would log in to my profile online, it kept making me immediately update my credit card information. I fixed it, but I don't remember what I did :lol:

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
You can only remove if theres not an active gold subscription..if there is a gold subscription active just turn off automatic renewal
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

Go to CVS or Walgreens and buy a prepaid Visa and enter that info into XBL

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts

You can only remove if theres not an active gold subscription..if there is a gold subscription active just turn off automatic renewalTrapMuzik92

it takes 10 seconds to do this online, problem solved

SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#24 SSBMFighter
Member since 2005 • 3797 Posts

Doing it online is real easy, just got to make sure that auto-renewal is off.

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 telefanatic

SSBMFighter

No i cant i tried, i called customer service today they say i owe them 17.95 thats why i cant remove my credit cards because my account is suspended for my cards declining and they still charge you up to two months untill you get suspended from live. I told him my situation and all he said there is nothing they can do i have to wait few months untill the suspension clears or pay them the 17.95 which i wont. For the people that say check your statements i was in the Army for the past two years all my mail was going to my moms house and i just got back from Afganistan been there whole year so whatever calling me stupid.

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 telefanatic

i work in retail, and i am sorry but i DO NOT pity u in anyway. we have had to many people NOT READ their contracts at the time of purchasing goods a interest bearing finance (an account where interest is accrued annually, ie the opposite to interest free). they will then sit there and whinge that they werent told despite ample opportunites to have READ THE STATEMENTS AND INFORMATION that they freely signed.

please, for the love of god, customers u need to read things and pay attention, or else this might happen, or u'll get a massive bill for data on ur iphone because u didnt read the charges if u go over, etc. peoeple need to take responsibility for their actions.

If you had checked ur statement like normal people do 2 YEARS AGO, u wouldn;t have needed to make this thread.

I am sorry.

kungfool69

Thanks i didnt ask for you pity. I guess im not normal and stupid.

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#27 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

Yes, it's garbage. It should be easy to cancel but they make it a pain in hopes you will give up.

dkidfrmdbx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 dkidfrmdbx
Member since 2005 • 453 Posts

what i now do is buy all my dlc or live meberships through amazo. youll get a redeem code you put it in and you just have to put on the cocde and thats it Also if you wanna buy games it charges you the exact amount of the game through amazon instead of forcing you to buy M$ points.

dkidfrmdbx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 dkidfrmdbx
Member since 2005 • 453 Posts

SSBMFighter

ive tried that and it never works(happened like 3 times and even kept charging me even though i put for it to only charge me once) i always have to call them and make them remove my credit card. the easiet way to avoid that is to just purchase xbox things through amazon. not trying to be like an advertiser, but ive never had an issue when i just used redeem codes through amazon

mia_bori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mia_bori
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts

thats why you buy a ps3 to play online not an Xbox 360. its the truth.

SoF-Rambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SoF-Rambo
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts

I hate this company, now they are telling me i owe them for the last month because my credit card was denied because i switched banks. I cant even use the damn code unless i make a new account. That would suck i dont want to give them another penny. I think this is going on Ebay. Ill never touch one of their products again.

telefanatic

The funny thing is, however, by looking at your sig, that you have already bought another one of MS's products. Your dear computer, or at least if you are using Windows, is infact, created by this so-called evil company.

BTW, and on-topic, Why didn't you just tell the bank to stop all incoming bills from MS until you got your new xbox? I did that before when my kid brother decided he wanted to be an extreme contibuter to WarRock's Gold Membership society. Freakin idiot still owes me from that incident. He's not allowed to touch my computer, or my Xbox for that matter, though.

XenoLair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#32 XenoLair
Member since 2006 • 4758 Posts
Well there's 200 bucks well spent.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
And still Microsoft is still able to get away with holding peoples CC hostage. Once they added the remove CC feature I and many others though FINALLY..but no no, the only way it can be removed is if you call in or add another credit card to remove the current credit card IF you do it online. And TC I'd definitely look into investigating when you first contacted them and find a way to backup your claim and I'd definitely pursue a refund. But that's why you write down the "incident number they give you" whenever you call in with a problem.
kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kaze347
Member since 2006 • 1270 Posts

[QUOTE="telefanatic"]

[QUOTE="penpusher"]log into xboxlive on the 360 , go to account settings/management and payment details, it lets you remove your card right away ... its easy, I've done it!!! you sir have just not tried hard enough or looked in the wrong place and are just getting angry cause of it ....penpusher

ok just checked mine,,, first off sorry my bad I got myself confused with turning off auto-renewal rather than removing cards...but second I found on the same page "to remove credit cards go to xbox.com/accounts , I did this, logged in, went to manage payment options and removed my card ... which in total took aobut 5 minutes ... so I apologise for my first slip up but my original point still stands in that you didnt look hard enough mate, it literally just now took 5 minutes so it shouldnt take you any longer

You have to put in new CC info to remove one.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#36 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I am sorry.

kungfool69
I worked in credit card processing, and I agree with you. So much inconvenience could be avoided if contracts and terms of agreement would just be read, and people would check their accounts on a monthly basis. You know, I just have to laugh at people who wanted back two years worth of billing because they never checked their statements. :lol:
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 penpusher

[QUOTE="penpusher"][QUOTE="telefanatic"]

kaze347

You have to put in new CC info to remove one.

I didnt mate ... I recommend you give it another go
telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 telefanatic

[QUOTE="kungfool69"]

I am sorry.

JustPlainLucas

I worked in credit card processing, and I agree with you. So much inconvenience could be avoided if contracts and terms of agreement would just be read, and people would check their accounts on a monthly basis. You know, I just have to laugh at people who wanted back two years worth of billing because they never checked their statements. :lol:

LOL Did you read my previous posts ? I guess not ? I was in Army for the past two years just got back from Afganistan couple of months ago. Where in the world was there fine print when you sign up for live ? All it asks for your CC info thats it, and i thought that Month to Month service would be id have to purchase service every month and not them charging me automatically every month. You trying to sound smart over here. LOL LOL LOL LOL ?

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 telefanatic

Whatever people, lesson learned never buy a MS product again, be it Windows or whatever. 360 is on Ebay.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 penpusher

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"][QUOTE="kungfool69"]

I am sorry.

telefanatic

LOL Did you read my previous posts ? I guess not ? I was in Army for the past two years just got back from Afganistan couple of months ago. Where in the world was there fine print when you sign up for live ? All it asks for your CC info thats it, and i thought that Month to Month service would be id have to purchase service every month and not them charging me automatically every month. You trying to sound smart over here. LOL LOL LOL LOL ?

You'd see it if you looked harder at what you were doing when you bought the subscription ... hell theres even a link to a webpage which gives you the terms and condition if you cant find it on the xbox ... again mate you just need to look harder and read EVERYTHING thats there ... personally I thought it was the common sense thing to do whenever dealing with debit/credit cards over the internet...
kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

[QUOTE="kungfool69"]

I am sorry.

JustPlainLucas

thank you for the support from my side of the fence.

PS: the moral of the story is STAY IN SCHOOL!

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 telefanatic

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"][QUOTE="kungfool69"]

I am sorry.

kungfool69

thank you for the support from my side of the fence.

PS: the moral of the story is STAY IN SCHOOL!

Ha! Well id love to have this discussion with you in person face to face then we would see what the moral of the story is.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#43 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

telefanatic
So being overseas means you're excused from keeping track of your financial responsibilities? :? And my post wasn't directed to you specifically, as it was a general statement.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

yeah i just cant feel sorry for the TC. You let them charge you for two years i mean thats your fault and there is no good excuse. Well if you were dead then yeah but thats not the case. Also i have removed cards multiple times. you can do it on xbox.com and if you have any probs there you can def do it by calling them.

VALikimlav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 VALikimlav
Member since 2010 • 324 Posts
Wow, I find it amazing how people are defending Microsoft in all of this. This has never happened to me, but I know how tough it is to remove the credit card info. So even if it wasn't 2 years and let's say one month instead, I think that any dollar taken from the consumer should have other consumers angry instead of siding with this corporation. Seriously, and all of you people saying that you should read it in the terms and conditions, where in the terms and conditions does it say that credit cards will not be removed?
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

Whatever people, lesson learned never buy a MS product again, be it Windows or whatever. 360 is on Ebay.

telefanatic
And ur still using Windows 7 :P
telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 telefanatic

[QUOTE="telefanatic"]

V4LENT1NE

And ur still using Windows 7 :P

I didnt buy it.

GramDubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GramDubs
Member since 2010 • 636 Posts

Bro, all u have to do is login to xbox.com, then on the top right theres a dropdown that says... my xbox, my account. click on my account, then on the left you go to Manage Payment Options, and it brings up your credit card. next to your card they have Edit/Remove. and you can just press remove, i have done this about 3 times in the past year.