Could overheating cause unreadable disc errors?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kilbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Kilbz
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts
I have my 360 in an entertainment unit. It has a decent amount of space on the sides but at the back about two thirds of the back is blocked off, its one of those units that give a small amount of space for cables but no more to prevent thefts. Anyway I always getting unreadable disc errors whilst playing games unless I set a mini fan up by the console. Is overheating causing this.
Zeppelin12592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Zeppelin12592
Member since 2006 • 384 Posts
[QUOTE="Kilbz"]I have my 360 in an entertainment unit. It has a decent amount of space on the sides but at the back about two thirds of the back is blocked off, its one of those units that give a small amount of space for cables but no more to prevent thefts. Anyway I always getting unreadable disc errors whilst playing games unless I set a mini fan up by the console. Is overheating causing this.

Thats very possible im getting alot of those to but im sending in my console to be checked cause my games and demos freeze sometimes, and i might get the niko intercooler
Kilbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Kilbz
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts
bump please help
TheNIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 TheNIM
Member since 2006 • 312 Posts
Overheating of any electronic device can cause hardware failures. Look at most of the red ring complaints. While they may not admit it because they don't want to sound retarded, they probably kept in a non-ventilated area... I'll admit it, I did it... so did two of my friends. We all had to send it back in. When we got it back, I moved it to a more ventilated area and it has worked like a charm since.