Constant Disconnection from XBL?!?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crazymunda6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 crazymunda6
Member since 2004 • 1389 Posts
Well guys here is my problem. Everytime i start playing a game, either madden 09, CoD4 or even Gears 2, in random intervals i get disconnected from xbox live. Even when im not even playing mulitplayer, i get disconnected. I know its not game specific becuase it happens to all my games. I have tried resseting my router numerous times, but to no avail as the problem persists. I even downloaded the latest software for my router. Im using the D-Link WBR-1310. Its a wirless router, however i am using an ethernet cable, which is connected to my 360.

I have tried most things, that i was able to find on google and such, but nothing is working and the proglem persists.

Funny thing is that this problem, i beleive started after my installation of NXE, perhaps that is the problem.

If there is anything im missing can somone please explain any solutions.

BTW i have all XBL ports open.

SO please somone help

Thanks
krovak0000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 krovak0000
Member since 2004 • 214 Posts
Hmm, and did you check with the ISP? Were they having outages or any type of problems going on? Also, if you main lined it with ethernet, did you try turning off the wireless mode to see if that helps? Also, possibly check your power adapter for modem and router, once mine was going out so during a game it would turn itself off and come back on before i realized it was ever off giving me the illusion of internet not working when really was just a simple cord replacement. As you said ports are opened so there shouldn't be a problem there, and with the same setup your running was it EVER working?
crazymunda6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 crazymunda6
Member since 2004 • 1389 Posts
It use to work flawlessly before the NXE update. I will try and see what it says in my routers log, see if theres anyting there but ya. Pretty sure my ISP is having no problems, i might phone in and just ask.

Well i just looked at my routers log and idk what im seeing here but sounds kind of threatening.

Dec 6 18:16:14 Xmas port scan attack from WAN (ip:62.75.204.52) detected.Dec 6 17:53:08 Xmas port scan attack from WAN (ip:69.63.184.140) detected.Dec 6 17:52:04 Xmas port scan attack from WAN (ip:69.63.184.140) detected.Dec 6 17:51:00 Xmas port scan attack from WAN (ip:69.63.184.140) detected.Dec 6 17:49:56 Xmas port scan attack from WAN (ip:69.63.184.140) detected.Dec 6 17:49:24 Xmas port scan attack from WAN (ip:69.63.184.140) detected.Dec 6 17:11:59 Xmas port scan attack from WAN (ip:208.88.227.143) detected.Dec 6 17:09:59 Xmas port scan attack from WAN (ip:208.88.227.143) detected.Dec 6 17:07:59 Xmas port scan attack from WAN (ip:208.88.227.143) detected.Dec 6 17:05:59 Xmas port scan attack from WAN (ip:208.88.227.143) detected.
I Think theres about 40pgs of this in the logs

Perhaps this is what is causing my problems.
Just to know, i have 2 laptops and 1 cpu, plus my xbox running on this, however my 1 cpu is rarely on, and probably only 1 somtimes both laptops are on at the same time.

Idk man...wtf is goingz on.
krovak0000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 krovak0000
Wow that is weird, I have never seen that either, I'm actually almost off work bro, and I will put a call into my techie friend and see if he can decode this so we can get you up and running again
krovak0000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 krovak0000

Here man, I found this for you. That actually doesn't sound like anything besides port scans http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362862

Post #3 on there should explain and help understand at least what it means for now, But I am still going to ask my friend after work why that would cause live to error and how to fix. Hope it helps a little for now

krovak0000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 krovak0000
To get rid of this pest, download and run TrojanHunter since it includes a port scan in the process. This should identify the virus at the least and delete it as well. Googling it seems to indicate it isn't a huge threat, so it ought to be easy to remove. As to prevent this, most people here will tell you how much Norton sucks for protection, myself included. I would recommend ditching it for something worth your money, such as AVG or NOD32. A properly configured firewall makes a port scan attack no more than an annoyance Try to conceal your real IP as much as possible. Route as much of your network traffic as you can through anonymous proxies, as is done when you use The Onion Router. Expect a severe decrease in net performance, though, since the routes are not optimized will have a number of unnecessary hops in them to make your traffic anonymous. http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/help-desk/14628-some-sorta-virus-attack-xmas-port-scan-attack.html this post seems to have the same problem and a lot of people trying to help him fix it, so maybe any of that will help as well! Good luck for now man, I'm just about to head home then i'll check up on you
Chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Chibi
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts
I'm having the same problem with the same router... all port fowarded, even tried putting my xbox in my router dmz... the weird thing is I used to have my xbox in dmz and it started doing that, decided to foward the ports instead and it was working fine... until I took my xbox to a friend for a lan party, when I came back home I started having random disconnection again. It's almost as this router wasn't fowarding the ports properly... ps3 is in dmz and I don't have any problem...
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i think it might be u have a dead port. i know my friend has a dead port on his router, he can't plug anything on to it because it is dead it will not let anyone connect onto the internet.