Console Number......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mariohughes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 mariohughes87
Member since 2004 • 736 Posts
Where on the console or the box it comes in do you find the console number?
mariohughes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mariohughes87
Is it the same as the product id? or the serial number at the rear of the console, above the ethernet port?
rixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 rixel
Member since 2003 • 72 Posts
If you're talking about the console serial number then its found within the consoles system menus. From you're dashboard goto your "System" tab and choose "Console Settings". In there, right down at the bottom, there is a "System Info" button. The number you require (atleast I'm assuming it's the same one you're talking about) is shown in there. Hope this helps.

-Rix
mariohughes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mariohughes87
Im creating a profile on Xbox.com and its asks for a console number under console registration, is this the same one as you have described? Also i was wondering when exactly does the free 1 month Gold subscription begin? Does it begin as soon as i have created an online profile?
rixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rixel
I had the one month free gold subscription but I set it up through the XBOX itself. As soon as you set it up and input the code you got on the card, you're one month will start. As for you console serial number, if I remember rightly the one I described to you was the one I used to register my console. Just try it out. Either it works or it doesn't, and let me know how you get on.

-Rix
mariohughes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mariohughes87
Thanks, it was the serial number. I don't know what you mean by a card for the free xbox live gold offer? Within the box all i got was a slip advertising free Xbox Live for a month but it doesn't seem to have a code.
rixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rixel
Which 360 package did you buy? The Core (no HDD) or Premium (with HDD)? I got a funky little card (like a scrach card) in mine which, when opened, revealed a code for me to activate a months worth of Live. I'm sure there is a way to claim a months free without such a card though.

*edit*
To avoid confusion; when I say HDD I mean Harddrive, not High Definintion. Just realised that the term "HDD" could be misinterpreted.
mariohughes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mariohughes87
It's the premium package but it came as a bundle with Gears of War. Gears of War was seperate from the boxed console though. In terms of leaflets it included within a plastic bag cover - -Xbox 360 setup booklet ( grey with green ring of light on cover) -Xbox 360 warranty booklet. -Orange thin booklet on xbox live features etc -Single Slip advertising free wireless bridge with connection to Bt broadband. - Single Slip about portable music players. -Fold out sheet advertising extended 2 year warranty purchase. -Single slip advertising xbox 360 official magazine. -Card with fold out sections showing diagrams of xbox 360 connecting to mains, tv, controller etc -Small booklet advertising free xbox live gold for 1 month - what it says is all you need is to connect 360 to broadband and when you create a gamer profile during setup, choose "i want to join xbox live" to create a new xbox live account. I imagine i can obtain xbox live gold without such a card, unless i let it fall out somewhere.
linkinworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 linkinworm
Member since 2005 • 3134 Posts
look inthe usb flap,its also in there
mariohughes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mariohughes87
Can anyone else confirm if you need a scratch card with a code within your xbox 360 console box , to get a free month of xbox live gold , Or, if it is possible to get that free month of gold another way?