Condemned 2 or Dead Space?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sligs02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sligs02
Member since 2010 • 231 Posts

I'm looking to buy a cheap game to hold me over for a couple of weeks until Red Dead Redemption comes out. I'm fairly bored of the games I currently have and haven't played my xbox much the past few months. I was considering these two because they are cheap and seem like games I'll enjoy. I've looked into both games and I can't decide which one I would rather play. My questions are:

1. Which one has better/more exploration?

2. Which one has better puzzles to solve?

3. Which one has the better atmosphere in terms of creepiness?

I'm leaning towards Condemned 2 only because it's cheaper, but if it turns out Dead Space is the better choice I don't mind paying a few extra bucks. Can anyone that has played both give me some insight as to which they preferred?

gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts

I would say go for Dead Space. There are a lot more puzzle elements in Dead Space as oppossed to Condemned 2. I also think that Dead Space has a creepier atmosphere to it.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
1, Neither, they both are extremely linear 2. Dead Space. I can't recall a single puzzle in Condemned 2 3. Condemned 2 by far. Dead Space is scary, but after a while it's predictable. Condemned 2 drowns you in fear every second of it. That said, I'd still go for Dead Space.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Im getting both, but Id go with Dead Space
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

get both and call it a day. there both budget titles

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

Dead Space.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#7 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
i have both, and Dead Space is the better game, and scarier for me. Condemned 2 is a little more predictable than Dead Space.
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
ive only played dead space, so in terms of your questions: 1. dead space is not so much exploration as it is fight to your target, do whatever, then on to the next point. 2. in that same regard, there really arent any puzzles. objectives tell you everything you need to do. there are a few but theyre rather simple. 3. this is where i can make up for the past two points. the atmosphere is great. very tense, very creepy. whenever i go back to do a new playthrough, i still get nervous and want to play mario or something entirely unscary prior to it. however, once i start, its amazingly fun.
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts
i have both, and Dead Space is the better game, and scarier for me. Condemned 2 is a little more predictable than Dead Space.MaddenBowler10
I think Dead Space has better Graphics too.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Condemned 2 is just so fun. Although I think Dead Space is the fan favorite, I would go with both. You can get Condemned 1 & 2 for a total of $15 at Gamestop.com. Dead Space for around $15-20. Condemned 2 might have come out a while ago but it's still a great looking game. Of the two, I like Condemned: Criminal Origins a lot more.
xboxdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 xboxdevil
Member since 2006 • 1170 Posts

Both are great, Dead Space is awesome, but not really scary. Condemned 2 had me wetting myself through most of it, though.........

Sligs02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sligs02
Member since 2010 • 231 Posts

Hmmm, tough decision. Thanks for all the information though. I would get both but like I said, in a couple of weeks I will be playing RDR and I'm sure that will hold my attention for quite a while. At least until another game comes along that is worth picking up. I think I'm going to go with Condemned 2. From what I've read the atmosphere is creepy and things are quite tense throughout. I also find the crime scene investigating intriguing. I vaguely remember playing the demo a couple years ago and IIRC the investigation gameplay was pretty intuitive. Can anyone tell me how much CSI-ing there is? Gah, I hate to use CSI in a sentence because it reminds me of those aweful shows, mainly the horrible acting. I'm looking at you David Caruso.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts

Hmmm, tough decision. Thanks for all the information though. I would get both but like I said, in a couple of weeks I will be playing RDR and I'm sure that will hold my attention for quite a while. At least until another game comes along that is worth picking up. I think I'm going to go with Condemned 2. From what I've read the atmosphere is creepy and things are quite tense throughout. I also find the crime scene investigating intriguing. I vaguely remember playing the demo a couple years ago and IIRC the investigation gameplay was pretty intuitive. Can anyone tell me how much CSI-ing there is? Gah, I hate to use CSI in a sentence because it reminds me of those aweful shows, mainly the horrible acting. I'm looking at you David Caruso.

Sligs02
Great choice. They don't make games like Condemned 2 anymore. At least, not to my recollection. One of my favorite (older) games that has aged gracefully, and packs quite the punch.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#14 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Dead Space all day. It's such an incredible game, and it has a fresh take on the genre.
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts

If you haven't played the FIRST Condemned,get that instead.It is miles better than the sequel.But if you have,just get Dead Space; Condemned 2 was pretty dissapointing.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
dead space
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

If you haven't played the FIRST Condemned,get that instead.It is miles better than the sequel.AtomicBaconBits

Apart from the game stopping bugs that might force you to start the game over.

natenation87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 natenation87
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts

Haven't really played dead space much. I love Condemned 1 & 2, they're one of my favs. They have such a creepy atmosphere, so I say get Condemned 2...it's excellent. If you haven't played the first Condemned then get that one first.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

I thought this would have been a unanymous decision...I mean seriously ?

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

Dead Space. I like both, but Dead Space was a little more fun.