complete Telltale Game of Thrones, only $4.99... or it was

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

The Xbox One digital store has a listing for the entire Telltale Game of Thrones first season for $4.99, that's episodes 1 - 6, that's usually the cost of an entire episode, the store description reads..

Bundle Description: This bundle includes the complete first season (Episodes 1-3 available now, Episodes 4-6 to be released periodically) of Game of Thrones, a six part episodic game series set in the world of HBO's groundbreaking TV show. This new story tells of House Forrester, a noble family from the north of Westeros, loyal to the Starks of Winterfell. Caught up in the events surrounding the War of the Five Kings, they are thrown into a maelstrom of bloody warfare, revenge, intrigue, and horror as they fight to survive while the seven kingdoms tear themselves apart. PLEASE NOTE: If you purchase this bundle, DO NOT purchase the Game of Thrones Season Pass as you will be charged again.

Thing is, when I purchased it for $4.99 nothing happened, none of the available episodes downloaded. I'm curious, will MS honor the purchase, or will it simply be refunded back to me. Thoughts?

I mean, if you're interested, couldn't hurt to spend the $4.99 for the entire season. Either way, it gets refunded back to you, or they honor it. Can't imagine they'll take your money and not do anything.

EDIT: It appears they've finally corrected their mistake, made the entire Game Of Thrones first season $29.99, this differs from a separate first episode purchase for $4.99 and a $24.99 season pass. They appear to be honoring complete season purchases of people who got it for $4.99, thankfully. Though, I'm curious, while this whole mistake was happening they had the $4.99 purchase separately and dropped the season pass price for episodes 2-6 for $19.99 (marked down from $24.99), which is $24.98 in total and $5.01 cheaper than paying for the $29.99 complete season.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@lamprey263: I believe you need to download them individually as they get released. So for the first 3 episodes they won't download automatically, you need to go find them and begin to install them yourself.

Rokstr12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rokstr12
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I also purchased this but nothing happened so wtf Microsoft this is dumb

I also tried to look for them and download them separately and it said I had to pay

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

@Rokstr12 said:

I also purchased this but nothing happened so wtf Microsoft this is dumb

I also tried to look for them and download them separately and it said I had to pay

Check again. I just checked this morning after complaining to XboxSupport on Twitter and the first three episodes are finally there (I've read they haven't been available for days). Anyhow, price is no longer $4.99, raised to $29.99, but they appear to be honoring it for those that paid $4.99 for everything.

Rokstr12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rokstr12
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

@lamprey263: Ok thanks for letting me know. I hope they do this for Tales from the Borderlands and mess up the price because I really want to play that.