Collector's editions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drunk3nrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 drunk3nrabbit
Member since 2006 • 253 Posts

Is there any easy location to find out if a game has a collector's edition online? I'm a sucker for cheap marketing ploys and the extra plastic and metal makes me feel complete.

even better could someone tell me if the following games have/are going to have a collector's edition?

1. GTA IV

2. Assains' Creed

3. The Orange Box

4. Mass Effect

5. COD: 4

6. Guitar Hero III

7. Army of Two

8. Forza 2

And one more thing, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a Bioshock collector's edition, but i have two questions. Is the figurine a rip-off like the halo 3 legondary, or is there a middle version like the halo 3 collectors? seccond, I don't really like games with hundreds of things to think about, i like to point and shoot, and switch weapons. after playing the demo I got the impression that I'd have to be always quickly seeing oppuritunities and taking advantage of them to be considered "good". in contrast in Halo all I have to do is have quick reflexes and focus on the two weapons that I have on hand.

I know that this sounds bone headed, but the scope of the options seems daunting to me. I mostly play Go, Halo, R6V, Project Snowblind, ect...

thanks for the help

slyfox25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 slyfox25
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts
gta 4 is most likely going to have a collectors edition
Likefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Likefire
Member since 2003 • 276 Posts

Is there any easy location to find out if a game has a collector's edition online? I'm a sucker for cheap marketing ploys and the extra plastic and metal makes me feel complete.

even better could someone tell me if the following games have/are going to have a collector's edition?

1. GTA IV

2. Assains' Creed

3. The Orange Box

4. Mass Effect

6. Guitar Hero III

7. Army of Two

8. Forza 2

And one more thing, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a Bioshock collector's edition, but i have two questions. Is the figurine a rip-off like the halo 3 legondary, or is there a middle version like the halo 3 collectors? seccond, I don't really like games with hundreds of things to think about, i like to point and shoot, and switch weapons. after playing the demo I got the impression that I'd have to be always quickly seeing oppuritunities and taking advantage of them to be considered "good". in contrast in Halo all I have to do is have quick reflexes and focus on the two weapons that I have on hand.

I know that this sounds bone headed, but the scope of the options seems daunting to me. I mostly play Go, Halo, R6V, Project Snowblind, ect...

thanks for the help

drunk3nrabbit

1. GTA IV

Big time yes comes with a lot of stuff...worth getting 100x over the halo 3 collectors

2. Assains' Creed

Yes

3. The Orange Box

No

4. Mass Effect

Not yet...rumor there might be though

Yes

6. Guitar Hero III

No

7. Army of Two

not yet but might eventually

8. Forza 2

No

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
[QUOTE="drunk3nrabbit"]

1. GTA IV

2. Assains' Creed

3. The Orange Box

4. Mass Effect

6. Guitar Hero III

7. Army of Two

8. Forza 2

thanks for the help

Likefire

1. GTA IV

Big time yes comes with a lot of stuff...worth getting 100x over the halo 3 collectors

2. Assains' Creed

Yes

3. The Orange Box

No

4. Mass Effect

Not yet...rumor there might be though

Yes

6. Guitar Hero III

No

7. Army of Two

not yet but might eventually

8. Forza 2

No

Mass Effect will have collectors edition. The best way to get your limited edition is to preorder

Arcanefelix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Arcanefelix
Member since 2003 • 514 Posts
There was a limited edtion for Forza 2 i believe, and also, i think that the Bioshock collector's edition is a good deal since it costs like 10 or 20 dollars more for the figurine and the big box. Keep in mind though, that many of these figurines were broken when they were shipped due to the manufacturers errors, but not all, so if you decide to buy that, then you should just count on luck for an unbroken one i guess.
Galzakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Galzakian
Member since 2004 • 5160 Posts

1. GTA IV - Yes, definitely. It's huge; includes a bag, and a little metal box or something, and other stuff.

2. Assassin's Creed - Yes, definitely, Has an additional DvD and a special metal box with a number or something. There's also a figurine apparently, but I don't know if that's region-limited, since I've heard nothing of it outside of America.

3. The Orange Box - Not as far as I've seen.

4. Mass Effect - Rumored, in all likelihood, there will be one.

5. COD4 - I think I read something about a planned CE, although no idea of the content.

6. Guitar Hero 3 - Haven't heard anything, but I think there will be.

7. Army of Two - Not that I know of, I don't really expect a CE either to be honest, just my opinion.

8. Forza 2 - Yes, there is one. I have it. It's alright, interesting bonus content worth the extra $10.

karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
:O Sorry, I'm just in shock that someone used an apostrophe correctly.
shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts
Go to google.com, choose image, type in name of the game+ CE (or LE). Most of games on your list will have CE's. I'm looking forward esspecialy to GTA IV LE.