CoD4 End of "One Shot One Kill" Veteran ARE THEY SERIOUS!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

silentlord833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 silentlord833
Member since 2007 • 1336 Posts

Okay, I think many people here agree with the idea that CoD4 on veteran is extremely hard, that said.

At the end of the Mission One Shot One Kill, while waiting for the chopper (Which seems like it is stopping for ice cream or cookies or something) You need to hold your position while getting the ever loving crap shot out of you. If thats not bad enough there is one (got that ONE!) damn dog that if one of my many nades and c4 and mines don't kill, it keeps killing me! It's not like it's bad enough that there isn't any real good cover, and the amount of enemies is simply ubsurd, but everytime that dog tries to kill me, I CAN NOT MELEE OR SNAP ITS NECK! I know it's possible, cause I have already killed a bunch of dogs in this game. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

The only somewhat decent way that I can see to beat this is to go hide like a little school girl in the shed next to the ferris wheel, which first off makes me feel like a dirty person for doing, but even if I do, when the chopper FINALLY gets there, and you try to get out, you get hit by about thirty f'n nades!

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts
I don't recommend hiding in the shed as the AI loves tossing mutiples grenades at you and then your done. I beat it hiding behind the bumper cars/in the bumer cars section it wasn't to bad. And jsut to let you know the 2nd last level when your trying to get to the missles to deactivate them as well as the mile high club are way harder then one shot. Good luck!
matt3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 matt3456
Member since 2002 • 326 Posts
I've got no advice for you but you avatar perfectly symbolizes your frustation. I just imagined that guy when I was reading your post.
Bonez_Mahoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bonez_Mahoney
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts
THere is a spot you can 'hide' sort of with little to no resistence while waiting for the chopper in the alleyway between 2 buildings over to the right if you were looking in the same direction as where you placed McMillian. Rather than attempt to explain it, you should check out a couple videos on Youtube that show this strategy, it seems to work very well and with extremely minimal difficulty. You still might be on your own with the doggy though, hope it helps, good luck ;)
silentlord833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silentlord833

Thanks alot for the advice everyone, I will be trying these methods later, right now I am "cooling off" I always thought games were supposed to be fun, and the real world a pain in the ass. Guess in this instance I was wrong.

As far as the end of the game, yeah I have heard from friends that it makes you want to start commiting crimes, I guess I'll just burn that bridge when I get to it.

I also made the mistake of trying to find intel while playing on vet. I decided pretty quick to just go back in easy (or whatever it's called) after I beat it.

Once again thanks for the advice, I will definately be looking on youtube when I do it. ANd I appreciate the fact that I didn't get a bunch of flamed responses.

You know for being a whiny little idiot about this.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

I've got no advice for you but you avatar perfectly symbolizes your frustation. I just imagined that guy when I was reading your post.matt3456

LMAO....and TC you need to try different strategies in the game.

Bonez_Mahoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bonez_Mahoney
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts

Thanks alot for the advice everyone, I will be trying these methods later, right now I am "cooling off" I always thought games were supposed to be fun, and the real world a pain in the ass. Guess in this instance I was wrong.

As far as the end of the game, yeah I have heard from friends that it makes you want to start commiting crimes, I guess I'll just burn that bridge when I get to it.

I also made the mistake of trying to find intel while playing on vet. I decided pretty quick to just go back in easy (or whatever it's called) after I beat it.

Once again thanks for the advice, I will definately be looking on youtube when I do it. ANd I appreciate the fact that I didn't get a bunch of flamed responses.

silentlord833

Yeah dude, I'd really check youtube, i watched a couple last night. More than one video for that level shows the same (almost exactly) strategy, it's pretty basic, but effective. It might be the 'cheap' way out, but, on Veteran, take what you can get, there is no saving you once you get to No Fighting in the War Room and we won't even discuss thatb*llsh*t in the plane.

atst007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 atst007
Member since 2005 • 1019 Posts
This level was very hard. Go all the way to the back facing the ferris wheel and go as far right as you can before going into radiation. Hold out behind building and tree and make a run for helicopter when it comes. Thats how I did it.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
I don't recommend hiding in the shed as the AI loves tossing mutiples grenades at you and then your done. I beat it hiding behind the bumper cars/in the bumer cars section it wasn't to bad. And jsut to let you know the 2nd last level when your trying to get to the missles to deactivate them as well as the mile high club are way harder then one shot. Good luck!APOLLOCJD

That was one of the easier levels, there was only one hard section with the doors on both sides and the soldiers shooting from ahead.
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
youtube is your friend. There are a couple of strategies there to beat the mission with ease.
Creeping_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Creeping_Wolf
Member since 2006 • 3399 Posts

It's really not that difficult. As one poster said above, hide behind the bumper cars, and be very strategic on where you plant your claymores. And if this frustrates you, wait till "No Fighting In The War Room". ;)

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts

I don't recommend hiding in the shed as the AI loves tossing mutiples grenades at you and then your done. I beat it hiding behind the bumper cars/in the bumer cars section it wasn't to bad. And jsut to let you know the 2nd last level when your trying to get to the missles to deactivate them as well as the mile high club are way harder then one shot. Good luck!APOLLOCJD

Yeah I know. They were fun to do though. I hid in the SE corner of a building. It's right next to door where they span as soon as the chopper comes down and there's also an intel in there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f93995c29447
deactivated-5f93995c29447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 deactivated-5f93995c29447
Member since 2005 • 2063 Posts
What I did was hide behind one of the trees near the farris wheel. If you stare right infront of the farris wheel, it should be the tree to your right. When things get harsh on you, hind behind the damn thing. Nades and bullets will not penetrate at all. Also, if enemies get near your hiding spot, they won't ollerate to get infront of your face for some reason, giving you the upper hand.
Vis-a-Vis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vis-a-Vis
Member since 2006 • 1977 Posts
I hid behind the bumper car arena thing, I dont think I was shot once, granted this was on hardened.
cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
this level's hard enough on normal! but i just went and hid behind MacMillan, worked just fine..
Spindoc_SEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Spindoc_SEI
Member since 2005 • 1349 Posts

There's a video on Youtube which shows you a good strategy.

Basically right as the helicopters come to drop off the extra guys with about 5-6 minutes left, lay down all your C4 around in the grassy area between the bumper cars and the fence by the apartment buildings.

Then run and hide around the corner down the alley way through the fence at the left building. They will still throw grenades at you, but they can't hurt you at this position. Sometimes a guy or two will run up to you, so be ready for that.

When the pickup helicopter finally lands, set off your C4 and run like hell to the other guy and pick him up. At this point you have to have a little luck on your side to not get killed as your running to the helicopter. You take a lot more damage before dying when carrying someone, but you'll still die if you're not quick enough. This is the way I was able to do it.

danxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 danxxx
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts

that part was hard but that mission no light in the war room os something is 10x worst u got 9 minutes and checkpoint system is so random ive been stucked on that mssion for about 3 days now is so frustrating im about to destroy my copy in pieces.

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts

that part was hard but that mission no light in the war room os something is 10x worst u got 9 minutes and checkpoint system is so random ive been stucked on that mssion for about 3 days now is so frustrating im about to destroy my copy in pieces.

danxxx

Wait till you get to the Epilogue, hardest thing I've ever done in a videogame.

Clinton015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#19 Clinton015
Member since 2005 • 9039 Posts
just keep moving...plant your claymores in the field where most teh enemies coem from and once you know where the helicopters drop their guys but c4 there...then strafe with your rifle and AK and get lucky....remember at teh end it is best to be right behind MacMillan, and for some reason when you pick him up you seem to be invincible or at least take 4 times as many shots
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="silentlord833"]

Bonez_Mahoney

Yeah dude, I'd really check youtube, i watched a couple last night. More than one video for that level shows the same (almost exactly) strategy, it's pretty basic, but effective. It might be the 'cheap' way out, but, on Veteran, take what you can get, there is no saving you once you get to No Fighting in the War Room and we won't even discuss thatb*llsh*t in the plane.

agreed, no fighting in the war room is solid, my mate got so pi**ed he throw his controller at his HD, only to miss it by an inch. but i dont see why the plane level is so hard, when i did it, it seemed quite easy compared to the rest.

Spindoc_SEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Spindoc_SEI
I think it took me about five solid hours to do the Epilogue on Veteran. I was getting pissed and ready to give up after the first three because it seemed it was all based on luck. After that though I finally had a good run and made it to the end, only to miss the terrorist and fail. After that I just kept doing it over again until I got it right since I saw exactly how and what was needed to get the job done. I think One Shot... took about three hours to get right. After seeing the video I died twice before getting it right.
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

[QUOTE="APOLLOCJD"]I don't recommend hiding in the shed as the AI loves tossing mutiples grenades at you and then your done. I beat it hiding behind the bumper cars/in the bumer cars section it wasn't to bad. And jsut to let you know the 2nd last level when your trying to get to the missles to deactivate them as well as the mile high club are way harder then one shot. Good luck!Strife88

That was one of the easier levels, there was only one hard section with the doors on both sides and the soldiers shooting from ahead.

meh i ahve to disagree one shot one kill only took me one try compared to that last one, but i guess it is just personal preference

Spindoc_SEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Spindoc_SEI

[QUOTE="Strife88"][QUOTE="APOLLOCJD"]I don't recommend hiding in the shed as the AI loves tossing mutiples grenades at you and then your done. I beat it hiding behind the bumper cars/in the bumer cars section it wasn't to bad. And jsut to let you know the 2nd last level when your trying to get to the missles to deactivate them as well as the mile high club are way harder then one shot. Good luck!APOLLOCJD

meh i ahve to disagree one shot one kill only took me one try compared to that last one, but i guess it is just personal preference

:lol: my roommate called me while I was in the *environment I go to earn an education* and told me this and I got pissed.

*Of course the appropriate word for the above is censored by GS.*

DrDeath10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DrDeath10
Member since 2005 • 689 Posts
If you're having problems on this level, good luck on Mile High Club. You'll certainly need it.
darkSIDEechoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 darkSIDEechoes
Member since 2007 • 3375 Posts
[QUOTE="Bonez_Mahoney"][QUOTE="silentlord833"]

clyde46

agreed, no fighting in the war room is solid, my mate got so pi**ed he throw his controller at his HD, only to miss it by an inch. but i dont see why the plane level is so hard, when i did it, it seemed quite easy compared to the rest.

You must have had it on easy or something. I beat the game on hardened and that was tough. On veteran was nuts, but it's do-able. It's not EASY by any means, dude.

silentlord833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 silentlord833

I've got no advice for you but you avatar perfectly symbolizes your frustation. I just imagined that guy when I was reading your post.matt3456

its a self portrait.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

wait until the second wave, but in preparation for it place c4 all over where both the enemies will drop and where they will run by. wait until they've had plenty of time to get where they need to be, and then blow the bombs

this should kill most of them. finish the rest off with an rpd that you can find on the ground

ElPadilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ElPadilla
Member since 2007 • 609 Posts
What I did is I set up my claymores amongst the cars for maximum effect. The claymores wiped out like 10 guys then the next group got wiped out by the exploding cars. I then set up C4 through out the ferris wheel platform and bumper car ring. The AI took those places as cover and high ground. I then went around behind the bumper car ring and started firing my RPD through the crack in the fence. You can pick off the air assault units on the rope before they even hit the ground. Keep checking to the left though because they'll catch on and a few will try to flank around the bumper cars. From the crack in the fence you can really mow reinforcements down whether they come by helicopter or from the buildings. If you need any more help check out this web site. http://www.nextgenwalkthroughs.com/.
linkinSOXecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 linkinSOXecho
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts
heres the cheap way. survive until mcmillan says enemy choppers inbound. throw all of your c4 between but two around the white picket fence. run down the right alley and hide by the wall in the corner on your left. throw a c4 out on the side walk. wait it out. before you run to the heli, blow the c4. run like hell.
DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DarkRider23
Member since 2004 • 1753 Posts
That was actually one of the easiest missions... I didn't die once except in the apartment building. If go through the left when you meet the dogs in the pool, they won't bother you. Bumper cars, FTW.
darkSIDEechoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 darkSIDEechoes
Yeah, bumper cars worked for me more than once. Never tried the C4 thing yet.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
[QUOTE="danxxx"]

gp19

Totally agree

darkSIDEechoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 darkSIDEechoes
[QUOTE="gp19"][QUOTE="danxxx"]

Doomtime

Totally agree

Haha yeah...and it apparently has NOTHING to do with the game whatsoever.

C4LL_OF_DUTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 C4LL_OF_DUTY
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts
wow am i the only one who beat it the normal way?
darkSIDEechoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darkSIDEechoes
Other than me...probably.
tennisacerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tennisacerg
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts

hide behind the bumper cars railing

it took me like 5 days to beat it; it pissed me off so much; now i am stuck where you have to run from the barnthrough the town to escape away in a chopper, but they expect you to do it in 2 minutes with swarms of enemies coming from every buiding and street; there is no freakin' way

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

hide behind the bumper cars railing

it took me like 5 days to beat it; it pissed me off so much; now i am stuck where you have to run from the barnthrough the town to escape away in a chopper, but they expect you to do it in 2 minutes with swarms of enemies coming from every buiding and street; there is no freakin' way

tennisacerg

use all the air support. just keep calling it in on spots that ure going to run to next. its easy, actually

hult80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hult80
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i actualy found the mile high club achievent easy, bat that was after a couple of guides and a lot of deaths
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
I suggest watching YouTube videos for help. I was able to develop my own strategy, but since you're having this much trouble with the mission, I highly suggest heading over to YouTube. By the way, you should give CoD 2 on Veteran difficulty a go. Much, much harder. And longer, too. I've heard WaW is harder as well. But that's besides the point. Go to YouTube.
ThatsSimtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ThatsSimtastic
Member since 2009 • 2054 Posts

Hiding behind the bumper cars worked for me, I literally walked away and got a drink of water and then came back and the chopper was waiting for me. :)