COD 4 Community?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Getix-01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 Getix-01
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts

Im really not a fan of the cod games after world at war, all i want is to play the classic that started it all. But i sold it a few months ago when black ops released, so i was wondering how many people still play cod 4?

i dont want to buy it again and it only has 5,000 people playing online.

me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

Well you're guaranteed to always find a game. I still play it a lot and it's always a full game. There's more than 5000 people on, and it doesn't seem to be dying at all too. I say if you really want it buy it. If you want a number the last player count I saw when I looked was about 10,000 maybe a few less.

JordanizPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 JordanizPro
Member since 2009 • 1912 Posts

I still play CoD4 and its always a pretty good amount of players online.

StudySession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 StudySession
Member since 2009 • 1539 Posts

There is still an active community. Even if there was "only" 5000 people playing you would still be able to find games no problem.

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

There is a decent sized community on it. Beware though. Most games you get into will be full of snipers.. For some odd reason people seem to be crazy about it.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
Ah, yes, the first Modern Warfare was awesome :). The maps were perfect. I haven't played it for a while, but yeah, I heard that there is still enough players to keep you going, not to mention it should be very cheap now :). After I take a break from Black Ops I should give MW1 a play again sometime :).
RocKtheCasbaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 RocKtheCasbaH
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts
The first COD4 was the best for sure. In MW2 they brought in too many gimmicks but didn't really add much to the gameplay, was nice to get some new maps though but that's about it. I'd love to know what they are going to do when they run out of gadgets and gimmicks, need a new CoD and then realise 'oh yeah we got rid of Infinityward' lol
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
The first COD4 was the best for sure. In MW2 they brought in too many gimmicks but didn't really add much to the gameplay, was nice to get some new maps though but that's about it. I'd love to know what they are going to do when they run out of gadgets and gimmicks, need a new CoD and then realise 'oh yeah we got rid of Infinityward' lolRocKtheCasbaH
I'd love for them to just return to the roots... well, CoD2, let's say (so we have the current way of how health works, etc.). I would be more happier if they released CoD2 with new maps and a campaign every year rather than having all of these gadgets and upgrades. Sometimes simpler can be so much better. Not that I hate MW1 to Black Ops or anything as I don't at all, it's just I prefer the old ones. I actually would prefer if the new games were just like the first Call of Duty (or United Offensive), except use the current way of regenerating health. That would make me happy :).
max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

12000 at the most

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I played it last week ago and I saw 17.000 people online
BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts

every time i play a game online, everyone is super fast and has machine gun rocket & grenade launchers....its annoying.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
There is still a pretty active community. I still play it from timeto time and I usually see 10,000 players at peak times.