CliffyB on Mirror's Edge: 'MORE GUNPLAY'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cutman2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cutman2001
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts

http://360.kombo.com/article.php?artid=14993

Whaddya know. The king of guns and bullets doesn't think we've seen enough gunplay in Mirror's Edge. I disagree: I'd actually like to see less. I think the game's perfect right now: not letting you pocket guns, but rather using only what you disarm for a single clip. I dont want machine guns and crazy explosives.

LittleToejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LittleToejam
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts
this game looks kinda good but i havent played it yet, anyways you can already parkour in real life why would you do it in a game. me and my friends already do parkour
Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
I like the game how it is with the minimal gunplay.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
i played the demo, and the game would be ruined if you used a lot of guns... not every game should have weapons as a main focus Cliffy. lol... it's all about running from the enemies, not easily gunning them down.
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts

this game looks kinda good but i havent played it yet, anyways you can already parkour in real life why would you do it in a game. me and my friends already do parkourLittleToejam

I want videos of you and your friends jumping off 5 story buildings, and grabbing pipes in mid-leap and running from live gunfire at the same time. sure you do parkour, to the level in ME? I don't think so.

anyways, TC, what do you expect Blezinski to say about any game? I bet he wants Link to have an AK-47 in Zelda.

Jstew32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jstew32
Member since 2004 • 4230 Posts
Love it the way it is.
nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts

[QUOTE="LittleToejam"]this game looks kinda good but i havent played it yet, anyways you can already parkour in real life why would you do it in a game. me and my friends already do parkourgrafkhun

I want videos of you and your friends jumping off 5 story buildings, and grabbing pipes in mid-leap and running from live gunfire at the same time. sure you do parkour, to the level in ME? I don't think so.

anyways, TC, what do you expect Blezinski to say about any game? I bet he wants Link to have an AK-47 in Zelda.

i think your misinterpreting his version of parkour. anybody can parkour. it just means movement from point A to point B. i do it too. but i'm not delivering messages illegally to people in an urban utopia conveniently designed perfectly for parkour. oh btw. i do run from bullets ;)
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
[QUOTE="grafkhun"]

[QUOTE="LittleToejam"]this game looks kinda good but i havent played it yet, anyways you can already parkour in real life why would you do it in a game. me and my friends already do parkournicknees93

i think your misinterpreting his version of parkour. anybody can parkour. it just means movement from point A to point B. i do it too. but i'm not delivering messages illegally to people in an urban utopia conveniently designed perfectly for parkour. oh btw. i do run from bullets ;)

yeah you run from my bullets :lol:

nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nicknees93
[QUOTE="nicknees93"][QUOTE="grafkhun"]

[QUOTE="LittleToejam"]this game looks kinda good but i havent played it yet, anyways you can already parkour in real life why would you do it in a game. me and my friends already do parkourgrafkhun

yeah you run from my bullets :lol:

:lol: grafkhun if words were bullets, i would be running from you.
cutman2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cutman2001
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts

ahahha that'd be awsome. and I bet he does.

nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nicknees93
[QUOTE="grafkhun"]

[QUOTE="LittleToejam"]this game looks kinda good but i havent played it yet, anyways you can already parkour in real life why would you do it in a game. me and my friends already do parkourcutman2001

ahahha that'd be awsome. and I bet he does.

if zelda had an AK it would make the game go SOOO much faster.
War_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 War_Martyr
Member since 2007 • 598 Posts
Sounds like Cliffy is getting a little big-headed. The next Itagaki, perhaps?
blue7x7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blue7x7
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
this guy is so annoying he is such an attention whore he needs to shut the F up and stick to making games
ExtremeOne316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ExtremeOne316
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts

I agree with Cliff

Avatar image for der_spudmeister
der_spudmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#16 der_spudmeister
Member since 2005 • 607 Posts
No it doesn't need more gunplay. In fact, every time I disarmed someone I threw the gun away. Mirror's Edge is better without gunplay. But I don't think we can expect different from a guy who clutches to his toy weapon replica like a woman to her purse.
Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts

On the one hand, i think Cliffy is being a bit of an idiot here in totally missing what the game is about, nor am i surprised that the guy with the gears avatar agrees with him.

That said, I think we may be misinterpreting the article. if you actually READ it, i think that what he may be saying is that he wants to see more of how the gunplay works, as all DICE have shown so far, at the time of the interview with Cliff, was the parkour. I'm not sure if he's saying he wants more gunplay in the game, or if he just wants to see it.

JJpenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 JJpenguin
Member since 2006 • 955 Posts
Now, in all honesty, waht did you expect from the guy responsble for gears and Unreal tournament 3? I wouldn't be suprised if he wanted a chainsaw in Viva pinata
CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CronoSquall
Member since 2008 • 915 Posts
Sounds like a pretty ignorant thing to say. Apparently he really just doesn't "get it". Like David Jaffe, it would be nice if he would focus more on his own games, than spend time on the internet mouthing off about what other people should and shouldn't be doing with their own. In other words, shutup and go start making Gears 3.
sonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sonj
Member since 2003 • 145 Posts
I don't really care what the guy thinks or says as long as he makes killer games. I can agree to the fact that, that quote was taken out of context.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

Cliff has a point - it is going to be hard to get the Seriously achievement without more guns

Oh wait! Not all games measure themselves by the achievement requiring the most kills