Cheating online devils

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 dragonps
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts
The other day whilst playing DOA4 online, I witnessed one of the worst cases of cheating ever. I was a spectator watching a vs match between two gamers. (Who's conversation I could hear through the mic) but then I noticed one of them was just standing there letting the other win. I listened to the conversation and it turned out they were friends, and they were cheating for achievements. I wonder if anyone else has suffered from this? And how could MS put a stop to it?
Eternal_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Eternal_Lord
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts
Its called boosting btw.
Fr3DmE15t3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fr3DmE15t3R
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts
isnt that their choice? everyone dose it on one game or another its not a big deal
Rikuide_Furame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Rikuide_Furame
Member since 2008 • 994 Posts

The other day whilst playing DOA4 online, I witnessed one of the worst cases of cheating ever. I was a spectator watching a vs match between two gamers. (Who's conversation I could hear through the mic) but then I noticed one of them was just standing there letting the other win. I listened to the conversation and it turned out they were friends, and they were cheating for achievements. I wonder if anyone else has suffered from this? And how could MS put a stop to it?dragonps

I'm afraid that M$ have stated that there is nothing technically wrong with what these people are doing. They are both willing parties so it's not cheating either of them.

Personally I don't care for boosting but I don't mind it either. After all, the achievement system is not at all balanced so it makes little difference.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
whos cares
Willsi100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Willsi100
Member since 2008 • 148 Posts

The other day whilst playing DOA4 online, I witnessed one of the worst cases of cheating ever. I was a spectator watching a vs match between two gamers. (Who's conversation I could hear through the mic) but then I noticed one of them was just standing there letting the other win. I listened to the conversation and it turned out they were friends, and they were cheating for achievements. I wonder if anyone else has suffered from this? And how could MS put a stop to it?dragonps

haha, get over it.

they are spoiling their gaming experience

games are for fun and if they think that is fun then its up to them...

sr_darkzodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sr_darkzodiac
Member since 2005 • 103 Posts
They are not spoiling their game experience, you just said it yourself its fun to them. So they are not spoiling anything.

Also the other guy posted this

I wonder if anyone else has suffered from this?

Could you explain how you are suffering from this? I cannot even see how it would be possible that this type of activity even upsets anyone.
harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
I wouldn't really call that cheating, TC.
Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts

Wait, I don't understand how you could be upset about boosting on a 2 player fighting game? It doesn't have an effect on you in the slightest. The problem is that those who boost in DOA will likely boost in COD or FIFA team play, which isn't acceptable. Either way, it isn't technically cheating....

dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dragonps
I just feel that it's an easy way to climb (so to speak) the online ladder. I admit there's nothing technically wrong with it, but when your playing a four-way slayer match in Halo 3 and the other three players are cousins, working together...you get the idea. On that particular time the other three decimated me. They even goaded me over the Mic for Christ's sake. They were happy about what they were doing. Now that in my opinion IS cheating.
Rikuide_Furame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rikuide_Furame

I just feel that it's an easy way to climb (so to speak) the online ladder. I admit there's nothing technically wrong with it, but when your playing a four-way slayer match in Halo 3 and the other three players are cousins, working together...you get the idea. On that particular time the other three decimated me. They even goaded me over the Mic for Christ's sake. They were happy about what they were doing. Now that in my opinion IS cheating.dragonps

Well block them and don't play in another game with them. Personally I love how retarded the conversation's can get over XBL. I mean some guys generally give the impression that that particular game is their life. That they are Master Chief :P

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I just feel that it's an easy way to climb (so to speak) the online ladder. I admit there's nothing technically wrong with it, but when your playing a four-way slayer match in Halo 3 and the other three players are cousins, working together...you get the idea. On that particular time the other three decimated me. They even goaded me over the Mic for Christ's sake. They were happy about what they were doing. Now that in my opinion IS cheating.dragonps

I always kill people that do that. Infact the first day i bought Halo 3 that happened to me although i don't know if they were friends but i was winning so they ganged up on me. I still killed them all but i got two complaints for quitiing early even when i finished the game. Halo 3's enjoyable but man the little children are the most annoying creations on Earth. If there was a way to ban immature people off of xbl i'd be so for it.

dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dragonps

I always kill people that do that. Infact the first day i bought Halo 3 that happened to me although i don't know if they were friends but i was winning so they ganged up on me. I still killed them all but i got two complaints for quitiing early even when i finished the game. Halo 3's enjoyable but man the little children are the most annoying creations on Earth. If there was a way to ban immature people off of xbl i'd be so for it.craigalan23

That's what they did to me, but I was new to the whole online thing at the time. They sure did give me a great impression of online play. Luckily I was able to avoid those players but they do crop up every now and again.

DrewBlood08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DrewBlood08
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
If there was a national ranking for achievements, I can understand the concern. If they choose to have a hollow sense of accomplishment, let them. Why get upset over others choices that have no relevance over your life? Let it be...
dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dragonps

If there was a national ranking for achievements, I can understand the concern. If they choose to have a hollow sense of accomplishment, let them. Why get upset over others choices that have no relevance over your life? Let it be...DrewBlood08

When ppl gang up on me on Halo, it is relevant...

Rikuide_Furame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rikuide_Furame

I always kill people that do that. Infact the first day i bought Halo 3 that happened to me although i don't know if they were friends but i was winning so they ganged up on me. I still killed them all but i got two complaints for quitiing early even when i finished the game. Halo 3's enjoyable but man the little children are the most annoying creations on Earth. If there was a way to ban immature people off of xbl i'd be so for it.

craigalan23

Never a truer word was spoken! Worst still is that when you do beat these punks they give you negative feedback as some pathetic last resort. I hate not having the last laugh :twisted:

dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dragonps
[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

Rikuide_Furame

Never a truer word was spoken! Worst still is that when you do beat these punks they give you negative feedback as some pathetic last resort. I hate not having the last laugh :twisted:

Yeah I've been a victim of these idiots too. They really do spoil the experience. It's stopping them that's the real problem, like you said if you beat them they give you bad rep. maybe the whole rep thing could be changed? Or better gotten rid of.

Rikuide_Furame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rikuide_Furame

Yeah I've been a victim of these idiots too. They really do spoil the experience. It's stopping them that's the real problem, like you said if you beat them they give you bad rep. maybe the whole rep thing could be changed? Or better gotten rid of.

dragonps

It's all about priviliges. One solution might be to reduce the importance or effectiveness of feedback from someone with a low rep themselves however personally I think it's all too much hassle. You'll always have these guys around so it's better to just block them as oppossed to having a walled garden approach.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#19 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
I care when I join matches in rainbow six and everyone is boosting the attack and defense achievements
dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dragonps
[QUOTE="dragonps"]

Rikuide_Furame

It's all about priviliges. One solution might be to reduce the importance or effectiveness of feedback from someone with a low rep themselves however personally I think it's all too much hassle.

I think that could be the only solution to be honest. Maybe have a suspension on their account that reduces access to downloads...This could also affect their future downloading from MS

Avatar image for joeblofromidaho
joeblofromidaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 joeblofromidaho
Member since 2005 • 451 Posts

Microsoft can stop this by parking WMD outside of the booster/cheaters house.

hope this helps, just my 2c.