cheapest way to make the console wireless?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

masterkaos21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 masterkaos21
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts

With the 100 price cut in canada today, I am going to go pick one up after work. However, I would really like a wireless adapter for it, but the official one is 130, which is way too much.

What is the cheapest alternative to the official adapter?

catanzariti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 catanzariti
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts

With the 100 price cut in canada today, I am going to go pick one up after work. However, I would really like a wireless adapter for it, but the official one is 130, which is way too much.

What is the cheapest alternative to the official adapter?

masterkaos21

Ur the master of kaos u tell me..:roll:

TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 TheHimura
Member since 2005 • 9297 Posts
Cut the wires and pray that it still works.
masterkaos21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 masterkaos21
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts

Love the maturity of the posts here.

Anyways, I came up with an idea I will try. I will setup my wireless laptop beside the xbox run a short ethernet cable between them, and turn on internet sharing..... Hopefully that will work.

Grende1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Grende1
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
Go to Xbox.com for a list of compatible devices. There are a couple wireless adapters that work besides the MS one. You may be able to find one of these for as low as $40 (US).
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
Why not just get the official wireless adapter? If this magical $100 discount is for true then the wireless adapter would be free. What place is selling the 360 for $399 CDN?
xonix6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xonix6
Member since 2004 • 144 Posts
If you got a laptop do what i do and hook the xbox up to the laptop over ethernet cable then bridge the connections between the wireless and the laptop and works like a treat not to mention i get to have my laptop there aswell, and also i get to listen to all my music on the 360 so works good and not much loss in speed, so if you got a laptop deff do that, even an old pc with an ethernet port, just bang a cheap wireless card in it and bridge the connections....simple, and easy, and works well, you may come accross a couple of hicks with it but hey there easy to work out andfix
55centv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 55centv2
Member since 2004 • 287 Posts
wireless controller is the way to go
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts

wireless controller is the way to go55centv2

Most def.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d27a0be87356
deactivated-5d27a0be87356

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 deactivated-5d27a0be87356
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts

I tried the wireless adapter and while its great for downloads it just doesn't cut it for gaming. The wireless raises my ping by 20-30, and i need those when playing GOW or Halo. I tried different routers, cables and settings, spoke with techs from syslink, trendnet and another brand i tried i can't remember the name, they all told me wireless options were more suitable for internet browsing and downloads. MS basically said the same thing, i then asked what good was a wireless adapter on a machine that can't browes the internet, especially when ill have to run a cable to my 360 anyway for gaming? "The wireless can also be used for gaming, most people won't notice the difference in responsivness"

A ping 20-30 dots higher is the difference between a head shot and the tree that guy was standing in front of.