Cheap xbox 360 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hornster67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hornster67
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts

i have got banned from xbox live for some reason (not chipped or using bad language ) i want to buy a cheap replacement but dont know where to get one.

Any one have any ideas

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

some people buy rrod xboxs and fix it

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

well there's always an arcade version. but honestly I wouldnt recommend trying to get a "cheap" 360. You're probably going to get a USED console that has a high failure rate. You might just want to save up for a new one OR get one from Rent-a-center or something (true it will cost more in the long run, but they'll deliver it in a day or something)

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
if you live in canada arcades are on for 129.99 ... like everywhere: walmart futureshop etc.
AndYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 AndYOU
Member since 2005 • 6712 Posts
In the long run it would probably be better to just pay full price for a brand new Arcade You get the warranty, and it has a less chance of failing
knightfire35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 knightfire35
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts

Wait, you're banned from XBL? Buying a new console won't fix that, nor is it nessesary. Best off just making a new account until when/if you're unbanned. Unless you're talking about a console ban, then a new console purchase is usually nesessary.

To answer your question though, arcade is your best bet if you already have a HDD. (and maybe a wireless adapter if you have one) If you live in Canada, they are having a sale for $129.99 coming up I believe.

PuddinPant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PuddinPant
Member since 2005 • 1607 Posts
I got banned too and bought a used one on ebay for 80 with free shipping. Came with the controller, HDD, and wasn't opened. There are a bunch on there like that, check it out. Just make sure you get one that hasn't been opened. That way if it RRODs you can do the perma fix to it without any hiccups. You don't want a box that's already broken and someone tried to fix but did it wrong.
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

I just read a story of 130 arcades in canada.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#9 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

arcade version , ,200

Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts
On Ebay buy a "Jasper" console only. Jasper model have the new chip in them to make them a lot less likely to get RROD. This way you only have to pay for the console replacement for cheaper and you most likely wont see RROD for a long time if ever. If you do that you can sell your console only on there too, just list as its been banned and you'll get most of your money back. If you don't use ebay then buying a arcade pack seems like the best bet as other people have said.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

I got banned too and bought a used one on ebay for 80 with free shipping. Came with the controller, HDD, and wasn't opened. There are a bunch on there like that, check it out. Just make sure you get one that hasn't been opened. That way if it RRODs you can do the perma fix to it without any hiccups. You don't want a box that's already broken and someone tried to fix but did it wrong. PuddinPant

$80? that sounds too cheap really. and if it wasnt opened, then it isnt used? that would be more like stolen.......