Characters You Want to see in Marvel vs. Capcom 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

i have to go with black panther and the wolf from okami

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#2 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Ever since they said Dante from DMC was gonna be in it, I have very high hopes there's gonna be some awesome characters in it.
billyd5301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 billyd5301
Member since 2008 • 1572 Posts
I just saw somewhere that there were only going to be like 30 playable characters. Here's some old news. There are almost 60 on the Dreamcast version of the game... Yeah, the Dreamcast version. Also on the PS2 version. I own both. This only tells me that they are going to stick to the trend of releasing a half finished game for this generation and then release packs of DLC where they will want even more money. No thanks they can keep this one too.
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 superapo

i just hope the character packs will be afordable, unlike the street fighter 4 costume packs

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#5 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

Wesker

Amateratsu

Apocalypse

Protoman

Death Angel

Ant Man

Carnage

The Fantastic Four

Kraven

Doc Oc

Conan the Barbarian

Hammerhead

Electro

Shocker

Viewtiful Joe

Frank West or Chucke Greene

Space Pirate

Doctor Strange

Green Goblin

Ghost Rider

publicgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 publicgamer
Member since 2010 • 97 Posts

marvel vs capcom 3 is a low blow. marvel vs capcom 2 accomplished everything that was needed.

xxxchopsakexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 xxxchopsakexxx
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Viewtiful Joe, Deadpool, and Dee Jay =X

billyd5301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 billyd5301

i just hope the character packs will be afordable, unlike the street fighter 4 costume packs

superapo

Doesn't matter to me if you get 10 characters for $5, which I am sure you won't. How can a 10 year old game have 60 playable characters on a regular old CD and they are going to stick 30 on the DVD sequel for $60? I'm all for wishful thinking but I am pretty sure you can figure out 25 of the 30 that are going to be on the disc inside your head. I mean they aren't going to make this game without Spider-Man, Wolverine, Ryu, etc. Once you get through the staples there are only going to be a few slots left. I think they should have stopped at 2 like someone else said. Even if you are playing on the DC or PS2 imo it's the best fighting game ever released. Releasing something with half the content is going to tarnish it's name.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#9 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Batma- Oh, wait.
Brennan_Probst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Brennan_Probst
Member since 2009 • 86 Posts

BARRY BURTON. Oh, and Viewtiful Joe.

xxmatt125xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xxmatt125xx
Member since 2005 • 1899 Posts
I just saw somewhere that there were only going to be like 30 playable characters. Here's some old news. There are almost 60 on the Dreamcast version of the game... Yeah, the Dreamcast version. Also on the PS2 version. I own both. This only tells me that they are going to stick to the trend of releasing a half finished game for this generation and then release packs of DLC where they will want even more money. No thanks they can keep this one too.billyd5301
You do know they went from 2d sprites to 3d charcter models which require modelling, texturing and animating which takes much longer than drawing a set of sprites also the quality of the character models have improved vastly since Mvc 2 so it costs more and takes more time so of course there is going to be less. Plus your idea of them releasing a half finished game is unlike Capcom to do just look at Street Fighter 4. If they wish to support the game ive up for that rather than them putting out a game and no more support and if you dont like it dont buy the packs if they release them.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Marvel Deadpool (Confirmed) Captain America (Confirmed) Spider Woman Hawkeye Gambit Nightcrawler Psylocke Capcom Dante (Confirmed) Morrigan (Confirmed) Zero Wesker Leon Viewtiful Joe Frank West
laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

none because i plan on getting MKvs.DCU for $40 less

billyd5301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 billyd5301

[QUOTE="billyd5301"]I just saw somewhere that there were only going to be like 30 playable characters. Here's some old news. There are almost 60 on the Dreamcast version of the game... Yeah, the Dreamcast version. Also on the PS2 version. I own both. This only tells me that they are going to stick to the trend of releasing a half finished game for this generation and then release packs of DLC where they will want even more money. No thanks they can keep this one too.xxmatt125xx
You do know they went from 2d sprites to 3d charcter models which require modelling, texturing and animating which takes much longer than drawing a set of sprites also the quality of the character models have improved vastly since Mvc 2 so it costs more and takes more time so of course there is going to be less. Plus your idea of them releasing a half finished game is unlike Capcom to do just look at Street Fighter 4. If they wish to support the game ive up for that rather than them putting out a game and no more support and if you dont like it dont buy the packs if they release them.

You do know the computers that are used to make new games are infinitly better and faster than were used to make Dreamcast games right? If you are right then how does Forza 3 have over 400 cars??? Even better yet, how would Smackdown vs Raw 2010 have 67 wrestlers? Smackdown Vs. Raw lol. The DS version of Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 has 30 wrestlers. A DS WWE game has more characters than Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Please don't try to justify scams with faulty logic. I won't be buying the DLC packs or this game until it's about $15 which will most likely be 2 months after it releases. With the exception of Street Fighter IV Capcom has been making crap this entire generation so yes it is very much like them to release garbage.

sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sourcerah
Member since 2003 • 1214 Posts
Blade
xxmatt125xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xxmatt125xx
Member since 2005 • 1899 Posts

You do know the computers that are used to make new games are infinitly better and faster than were used to make Dreamcast games right? If you are right then how does Forza 3 have over 400 cars??? Even better yet, how would Smackdown vs Raw 2010 have 67 wrestlers? Smackdown Vs. Raw lol. The DS version of Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 has 30 wrestlers. A DS WWE game has more characters than Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Please don't try to justify scams with faulty logic. I won't be buying the DLC packs or this game until it's about $15 which will most likely be 2 months after it releases. With the exception of Street Fighter IV Capcom has been making crap this entire generation so yes it is very much like them to release garbage.

billyd5301

There is really no point getting into it as you clearly dont have a clue about game production, computers are better yes but so are graphics physics which will take longer to produce the computer doesnt do all the work artists work their asses of to get it done on time its not like they flick a game maker switch and a super fast computer goes to work.

Anoither reason will be the balancing as for a fighting game its one of the most important aspects of it, also you point out Forza 3 and SvR which use groundwork built from the previous game in the series which were produced this generation. Simply put Capcom are going for quality over quanity.

The one that got it for me was you compared a console title xbox 360 and ps3 game to the standerds of the ds blows my mind the logic you use.

superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 superapo
Bladesourcerah
that would be sick
Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
Gene, from God Hand, would be my off beat pick for Capcom. Him, or Vanessa Schneider from PN03. For Marvel..... HeadPool. The severed head of zombie verse Deadpool. Or better yet... HOWARD THE DUCK.
kontejner44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kontejner44
Member since 2006 • 2025 Posts

Hit-girl from Kick-ass

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Marvel Deadpool (Confirmed) Captain America (Confirmed) Spider Woman Hawkeye Gambit Nightcrawler Psylocke Capcom Dante (Confirmed) Morrigan (Confirmed) Zero Wesker Leon Viewtiful Joe Frank WestLegolas_Katarn

Chris Redfield has been confirmed too as newcomer! Also yes give Psylocke, loved her in MvsC2! :)

EDIT:Its not much but...

superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 superapo

i alos would like to see green goblin, carnage, and mike haggar from final fight

ModeDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 ModeDude
Member since 2009 • 1135 Posts
I heard Activision owns the rights to spiderman in videogames, so we may not be seeing any characters from that... Personally, I couldn't care less what characters are in it, as long as they play well.
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#23 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

daffy duck

superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 superapo
I heard Activision owns the rights to spiderman in videogames, so we may not be seeing any characters from that... Personally, I couldn't care less what characters are in it, as long as they play well.ModeDude
than why was there a daily bugle stage in one of the screenshots?
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]Marvel Deadpool (Confirmed) Captain America (Confirmed) Spider Woman Hawkeye Gambit Nightcrawler Psylocke Capcom Dante (Confirmed) Morrigan (Confirmed) Zero Wesker Leon Viewtiful Joe Frank Westarchvile_78

Chris Redfield has been confirmed too as newcomer! Also yes give Psylocke, loved her in MvsC2! :)

EDIT:Its not much but...

There's a few more confirmed those were just the ones I wanted that were confirmed.