Castle Crashers priced at 1200 MS points

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts

Not too bad.

Was afraid for a bit there that it would be 1800.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

Yes, that is very bad.

People need to stop paying for this overpriced junk!

The Arcade was suppost to be a place for you can pick up cheap ($5, $10 max) games and just have some fun with them for a while.

Now short mini-games are being thrown on their for $15 and you guys think that's ok? First it was Braid now this. Before you know it these pocket size games are going to cost $20.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pyromaniac223

Yes, that is very bad.

The Arcade was suppost to be a place for you can pick up cheap ($5, $10 max) games and just have some fun with them for a while.

Now short mini-games are being thrown on their for $15 and you guys think that's ok? First it was Braid now this. Before you know it these pocket size games are going to cost $20.

limpbizkit818

While I do believe that Braid was overpriced, this actually seems fitting. CC is a HUGE XBLA game, bigger than anything else on it. It's almost a full game in its own right. 5 extra dollars isn't much.

Avatar image for nintendo4ever25
nintendo4ever25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 nintendo4ever25
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts
UI agree with limpbizkit818 simply because the fact the XBOX arcade is overpriced compared to the Cheaper PS3 and Wiiware ($10 at most)
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

I agree, besides a grown man with a work should be able to afford this game without any problem. The way i see it, if you dont want the game, dont buy, problem solved.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#6 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Im not sure if ill get this, i was going to, but since i picked up "Geometry Wars 2" and "Braid", i doubt ill grab CC.
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 great_rulo
I agree with the second post of the TC, not the guy above me.
SuicideVanV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SuicideVanV2
Member since 2008 • 117 Posts

I'll DL the demo and determine at that point if it is worth it. Keep in mind when judging the price point for games that an NES cartridge in 1987 costed at least $50, AAA titles saw their first jump in 2005 with 360 games going for a measly $10 more. Not quite an adjustment for inflation over 20 years if you ask me. Now people want to **** about a downloadable game that costs $15?

kc666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kc666
Member since 2003 • 102 Posts
So when is CC comin out ? It seems like ages since I got the hype for it, was it in the beginning of 2007 when they released the first trailer ?
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
i thought Arcade games were 400-800 ms points.Castle Crasher better feed me a five star breakfast everymorning if I am ever going to pay 1200 for it.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
I didn't mind braid's price, but this one looks like a more simple side scrolling brawler, with worse graphics, with less storyline... it just doesn't look like it should even be close to $15. Maybe the demo can convince me otherwise because I felt the same way about braid before I played it.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

I agree, besides a grown man with a work should be able to afford this game without any problem. The way i see it, if you dont want the game, dont buy, problem solved.

great_rulo

I never understood this logic and I see it all the time in the "XBL should be free" topics:

"Well I have a job stop being poor!"

The probelm is not being able to afford the games, it's the fact that they are overpriced. And you're right, I'm not going to buy CC. That is not going to stop a massive ammount of people from throwing down $15 for a side scrolling hack and slash. The message this sends is: "Hey, these people are huge suckers and we can charge whatever we want."

This is a trend that is going to continue and will affect me next time I go to buy an Arcade games like Portal. $15 for some extra portal maps is going to be hard to swallow when I can get hundreds for free on the PC.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

I didn't mind braid's price, but this one looks like a more simple side scrolling brawler, with worse graphics, with less storyline... it just doesn't look like it should even be close to $15. Maybe the demo can convince me otherwise because I felt the same way about braid before I played it.raahsnavj

Are you kidding? The graphics look like one of the best things about it. The artwork is awesome.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 raahsnavj

[QUOTE="raahsnavj"]I didn't mind braid's price, but this one looks like a more simple side scrolling brawler, with worse graphics, with less storyline... it just doesn't look like it should even be close to $15. Maybe the demo can convince me otherwise because I felt the same way about braid before I played it.Englando_IV

Are you kidding? The graphics look like one of the best things about it. The artwork is awesome.

Yep that is the problem all right. It looks like a cell-shaded mess... with gore (at least they got one thing right with it), and that is one of the best things about it. But really, as with most art, some people love it, some hate it, some will just clamour it's 'gameplay that counts' unfortunately for me this game fits in with the 'I hate it' picture. Maybe seeing it in motion will change my opinion though... I still plan on playing the demo and letting it speak for itself.
Goo4You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Goo4You
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Yes, that is very bad.

pyromaniac223

While I do believe that Braid was overpriced, this actually seems fitting. CC is a HUGE XBLA game, bigger than anything else on it. It's almost a full game in its own right. 5 extra dollars isn't much.

i think its actually pretty bad.. this game is gonna be so repetitive... i bought bionic commando for only 800 microsoft points and it has 20 lvls and multiplayer plus bonus stages... its like the best arcade deal out there... i dont think games should be over 800 microsoft points.. no matter what

great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 great_rulo
[QUOTE="great_rulo"]

limpbizkit818

I never understood this logic and I see it all the time in the "XBL should be free" topics:

"Well I have a job stop being poor!"

The probelm is not being able to afford the games, it's the fact that they are overpriced. And you're right, I'm not going to buy CC. That is not going to stop a massive ammount of people from throwing down $15 for a side scrolling hack and slash. The message this sends is: "Hey, these people are huge suckers and we can charge whatever we want."

This is a trend that is going to continue and will affect me next time I go to buy an Arcade games like Portal. $15 for some extra portal maps is going to be hard to swallow when I can get hundreds for free on the PC.

Did you know that you can make a burger by yourself for only 50 cents or even less? still, we pay 2 or 3 dollars for a simple and small burger at McDonalds and Burger King, everthing on this world is overpriced but we still buy it, get over it, simply as that, if not, you'll be thinking "ahh, **** game is too expensive" on the release day, and i'll be having fun online!

great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 great_rulo
[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Yes, that is very bad.

Goo4You

i think its actually pretty bad.. this game is gonna be so repetitive... i bought bionic commando for only 800 microsoft points and it has 20 lvls and multiplayer plus bonus stages... its like the best arcade deal out there... i dont think games should be over 800 microsoft points.. no matter what

Now, Bionic Command IS a rip-off, clunky gameplay, ugly graphics, awful character and enemy design, no online co-op, these kind of games arent worth it.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts

damn you guy's are getting all puffed up over this. honestly CC is much bigger than any XBLA game released so far, honestly is 5 bucks that much? I know, I know, if we pay 15 for a game, then the price will just keep rising and there will be no more 10 dollar XBLA games anymore. but look at CC and Braid, easily better than 99% of the games on the XBLA service, if a game doesn't seem worth the 15, just don't get it.

Also Msoft does the final pricing calls, so bring it up with them if you're going to complain.

Oh yeah, CC releases on 8/27.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Englando_IV
[QUOTE="Goo4You"][QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Yes, that is very bad.

great_rulo

Now, Bionic Command IS a rip-off, clunky gameplay, ugly graphics, awful character and enemy design, no online co-op, these kind of games arent worth it.

Was that sarcasm?

SuicideVanV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SuicideVanV2

Just played the Bionic Comando Rearmed demo and I have to agree that it is garbage. Some concepts do not age well.

Ohh, and Puzzle Quest is by far the best "value" of anything on XBLA.

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts

Yes, that is very bad.

limpbizkit818
your saying youd rather have stuff like uno then braid, geo wars, castle crashers, bionic cammando, banjo kazooie stuff like that ?
Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
I'm gonna get it as long as the demo is good, but knowing this is the same price as Rachet & Clank is kinda disturbing.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
wait is castle crashers supposed to be like defend your castle or is it completely different
SuicideVanV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SuicideVanV2

4 player co-op side scroller action RPG for only 15bucks. I am ok with that. Braid on the other hand is indeed overpriced.magicalclick

I'm on the fence when it comes to Braid's pricing. It was an AMAZING experience that was over far far too soon. I feel somewhat the same about Portal. I'm hoping a Braid sequel will be a bit longer, with more platforming elements with the time bending puzzles thrown in as obstacles to the path.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pyromaniac223

Castle Crashers:

4 game modes

In-depth combo and magic system

Experience and stat system

More than 40 unlockable weapons

More than 20 levels and bosses

20 unlockable characters

Animal orb helpers

Online 4 player coop

Much bigger than any arcade game before it, and it's 5 bucks more. I'm not sure why you are calling it overpriced, it's just MORE. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Yes, that is very bad.

limpbizkit818

I agree

The masterpiece that is Bionic Commando is 10 bucks while this game is higher?

If people want this so badly they're more then welcome to it but there's nothing to this game unless they left out things about the game until release

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 pyromaniac223
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Yes, that is very bad.

Jaysonguy

I agree

If people want this so badly they're more then welcome to it but there's nothing to this game unless they left out things about the game until release

It's 5 dollars more and it has much more content than BC.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Yes, that is very bad.

pyromaniac223

I agree

What part of the content is useful though?

20 unlockable characters? Do we know any of them as in "wow I really wish I could be that guy" characters or do we just have the option of playing through with 20 different people? That sounds more like "wash, rinse, repeat" then anything else.

The same goes for weapons. Are you going to come into situations where you must utilize all 40 weapons or is it going to be like most games where you get maybe 4 main weapons that you rotate through the game?

Those are the kinds of questions I want answered about the game. It's like how in racing games no one cares about the cars because they only stick to a few certain ones that they upgrade, they're more concerned about tracks because they actually use all of them.

I have to wait to see what parts of the game will we actually use.

blujetz1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blujetz1234
Member since 2004 • 225 Posts
[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Yes, that is very bad.

Jaysonguy

I agree

20 unlockable characters? Do we know any of them as in "wow I really wish I could be that guy" characters or do we just have the option of playing through with 20 different people? That sounds more like "wash, rinse, repeat" then anything else.

The same goes for weapons. Are you going to come into situations where you must utilize all 40 weapons or is it going to be like most games where you get maybe 4 main weapons that you rotate through the game?

Those are the kinds of questions I want answered about the game. It's like how in racing games no one cares about the cars because they only stick to a few certain ones that they upgrade, they're more concerned about tracks because they actually use all of them.

what so great about a crappy remake of a game thats like two decades old

what content can we use??!?!??!?!!?

blujetz1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blujetz1234
Member since 2004 • 225 Posts

wash rinse repeat?

wow and BC is just like that

you run away like a b**** for like 20 levels

thats not repetitive at all

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pyromaniac223
[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Yes, that is very bad.

Jaysonguy

I agree

What use for weapons...ever heard of RPG's? Each wep is better than the last. It has a more in depth combat system that what passes for BC (great game btw). You have to learn combos and such. Different enemies, longer and more levels and boss battles, more game modes...These are useful. You will get more playing time out of it than in Bionic Commando. More effort and content went into this game than Bionic Commando. It's a mere 5 dollars more. If you think it is overpriced, don't buy it. But they did not fill it with gimmicks so they could raise the price 5 bucks.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Englando_IV
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Yes, that is very bad.

Jaysonguy

I agree

BC Rearmed is awesome, but that doesn't mean you can just assume Castle Crashers is bad. Looks great to me.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Yes, that is very bad.

Englando_IV

I agree

BC Rearmed is awesome, but that doesn't mean you can just assume Castle Crashers is bad. Looks great to me.

I'm not saying Castle Crashers is a bad game, I just question it's price compared to what is offered in Bionic Commando

Wildhang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Wildhang
Member since 2003 • 156 Posts
Worth it or not? Just what MS wants. Live was a great Thing, still could be but this nickel and dime the consumer BS is ridiculous. as in this case flat rip off. Just as the new Avatar update coming, we can see where this is gonna be going with costly add-ons. I Buy games 400-800 MS points when I get board, or during slow release periods, or when they are on sale but if 1200 MS point is the direction MS is heading they can keep them. The graphics even are cheesy compared to that of Cloning Clyde.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 raahsnavj
... The graphics even are cheesy compared to that of Cloning Clyde.Wildhang
Careful now, earlier in the thread we found out the graphics are 'one of the best parts' :P
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Englando_IV

[QUOTE="Wildhang"]... The graphics even are cheesy compared to that of Cloning Clyde.raahsnavj
Careful now, earlier in the thread we found out the graphics are 'one of the best parts' :P

Have you seen the game in motion? Or played Alien Hominid? It's all hand drawn and looks really unique.

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

15 bucks for a game me and my 3 buddies can play while getting wasted? I've been waiting for this game for ages. And it looks like it just might deliver!

And to anyone who complains about the price: Maybe if you have 1 or 2 friends to play the game with, you'd see why it would be worth the extra 5 dollars. Stop being some grumpy. I for one have had 1900 microsoft points in storage for this game (wasn't sure if they would bring it in at 1800 like the Penny Arcade title)

This is out next week right? Or is it the week after?

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Englando_IV

15 bucks for a game me and my 3 buddies can play while getting wasted? I've been waiting for this game for ages. And it looks like it just might deliver!

And to anyone who complains about the price: Maybe if you have 1 or 2 friends to play the game with, you'd see why it would be worth the extra 5 dollars. Stop being some grumpy. I for one have had 1900 microsoft points in storage for this game (wasn't sure if they would bring it in at 1800 like the Penny Arcade title)

This is out next week right? Or is it the week after?

kerrman

Not to mention it has online co op as well.

I think it comes out the week after. But then what's next week?

Edit: Oh right, Galaga Legions is next week.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 pyromaniac223

Worth it or not? Just what MS wants. Live was a great Thing, still could be but this nickel and dime the consumer BS is ridiculous. as in this case flat rip off. Just as the new Avatar update coming, we can see where this is gonna be going with costly add-ons. I Buy games 400-800 MS points when I get board, or during slow release periods, or when they are on sale but if 1200 MS point is the direction MS is heading they can keep them. The graphics even are cheesy compared to that of Cloning Clyde.Wildhang

You seem to think that all arcade releases are supposed to be cheap five dollar game you play for twenty minutes every week or so. Castle Crashers has a LOT more content that, but it's just a bit short of a full-fledged disc game. You get what you pay for, and Castle Crashers is probably going to be worth more than 15 bucks. It isn't a small arcade game.

[QUOTE="Englando_IV"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Yes, that is very bad.

Jaysonguy

I agree

I'm not saying Castle Crashers is a bad game, I just question it's price compared to what is offered in Bionic Commando

Castle Crashers is a big game, offers more content than Bionic Commando. Why do you assume it is a small arcade game that is only worth 10 dollars?

Jigsaw9798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jigsaw9798
Member since 2006 • 984 Posts
[QUOTE="Goo4You"][QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Yes, that is very bad.

great_rulo

I agree with great_rulo. Bionic Commando is the most overrated game I've ever played(and that's saying something). Swinging controls are awful and the graphics are downright awful(how did Ign give the graphics a 9.5?). Castle Crashers looks very fun and long and has four player(online?) co-op.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts
Heck, I thought a lot of the games were overpriced at $10 - now they want me to shell out $15 - sorry, but no thanks.
comelstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 comelstr
Member since 2005 • 677 Posts

UI agree with limpbizkit818 simply because the fact the XBOX arcade is overpriced compared to the Cheaper PS3 and Wiiware ($10 at most)nintendo4ever25

Agreed I have all 3 systems i say the XBLA is more Expanceive then the PSN or Wiiware/VC

The most on the Wii Shop Channel is like 15$

The PSN not counting the Full games are like Around 15$ at the most on Small Downloadable Games. If XBLA wants to compeate needs to sell more cheaper titles. Games wise. Not Counting the Shivering Isles thats just something for Oblivion. The games need to range from 5- 10$ cheap. Geomtry wars 2 is a fun game with out Breaking your Bank.

Games like that wont break your bank.

SuicideVanV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SuicideVanV2

[QUOTE="nintendo4ever25"]UI agree with limpbizkit818 simply because the fact the XBOX arcade is overpriced compared to the Cheaper PS3 and Wiiware ($10 at most)comelstr

Agreed I have all 3 systems i say the XBLA is more Expanceive then the PSN or Wiiware/VC

The PSN not counting the Full games are like Around 15$ at the most on Small Downloadable Games. If XBLA wants to compeate needs to sell more cheaper titles. Games wise. Not Counting the Shivering Isles thats just something for Oblivion. The games need to range from 5- 10$ cheap. Geomtry wars 2 is a fun game with out Breaking your Bank.

Wow, your insight is amazing and poetic. You should not just be playing games, but writing about them professionally.

SuicideVanV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SuicideVanV2

I just have to get this off my chest. Those complaining about any of the prices being too high are complete idiots. If you think the game is too expensive, DON'T BUY IT. XBLA may have started as a haven for casual games, but with numerous titles offering 10+ hours of gameplay for single players there is nothing "small" or casual about some of the titles. Games like Penny Arcade Adventures, Puzzle Quest, Castle Crashers, Marathon, N+, Schizoid and more aren't just "casual" games and emulations of classics(with the exception of Marathon).

The download-able nature of these games allows these incredibly creative and talented independent developers a way to recognize their vision and actually make money in doing so...before XBLA these small time geniuses would have had to settle for releasing their game as freeware/shareware that would get ripped by millions of consumers and then copied by EA or some other big publisher with the capital to distribute hard copies and enforce copy protection. Hopefully Nintendo and PSN can get with this as M$ has done, because the easier it becomes for great games like these to be played by people, the better off the gaming industry will be.

I can see the complaints with Braid as the game was very short, but it is in my opinion (shared by many) that it is one of the most original and creative games to ever be released. Braid caused me to dust off parts of my brain that hadn't been touched since The Incredible Machine...Just like Portal. I'm glad I spent the money to play the game because it flat out was the one of the best video game experiences I've had.

Keep in mind when complaining about spending $15 on a downloadable game that some of them offer 10+ hours of gameplay, and no one is complaining that with a friend's help Gears of War can be completed in about 6 hours.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 pyromaniac223

[QUOTE="nintendo4ever25"]UI agree with limpbizkit818 simply because the fact the XBOX arcade is overpriced compared to the Cheaper PS3 and Wiiware ($10 at most)comelstr

Uh...most games for XBLA are 10 dollars, with a few exceptions. $5 dollars extra is hardly going to "break your bank."
SuicideVanV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SuicideVanV2

Yea, that guy is a retard He says "well Full games are like $15." Really? Holy **** I thought when you bought a game from XBLA you were getting the full game! Ohh wait, you do get the full game.

On a side note, Puzzle Quest retails for about $20 used on the PSP and N+ will retail at full price on the DS...yet it is XBLA ripping people off right?