Cannot open NAT

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OSJ-1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 OSJ-1987
Member since 2008 • 205 Posts

Okay, so here's the deal. I've tried pretty much everything out there to try and get my Xbox to have an open NAT, but haven't had any luck. I've called Xbox live technical support three times, ****** twice, and both times I get people somewhere overseas I can barely understand who don't seem to have a clue what they're talking about. I'm hoping someone on here may have had this problem and has been able to sort it out so they can help me. First off I'll tell you how I've got everything set up.

I've got my modem connected to a ****** G Wireless router (model # F5D7234-4 v5 if that helps any), which in turn has an ethernet cable running from the router to the back of my Xbox, so I have a wired connection. My computer is in the other room, and I use a USB wireless adapter to connect to the internet on it.

I know that the ports need to be opened in order to have an open NAT. I also read that assigning your 360 a static IP address helps. So, I went to network settings on my Xbox and assigned it a static IP address. I then logged onto my router and opened all the ports it said to open (TCP 80, UDP 88, TCP & UDP 3074, and TCP & UDP 53). I then restarted the router and modem and my Xbox. When I connected everything back and was back on the internet, I turned my 360 back on and tested the connection. I wasn't able to log on to the internet. So I went to my DNS settings and put my primary as 192.168.2.1, which was what it said under ipconfig when I typed it into the command prompt. I retried it. Now, it let me connect to Xbox Live, but it still said that I had a strict NAT setting.

So, I went back onto the router and tried to put my Xbox in the DMZ. Now, I couldn't even connect to the internet. I tried cabling straight from the modem to the Xbox and this didn't work either. So basically, I've tried every option out there and nothing has worked. My router's firmware is updated to the newest version as well.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Any help is really appreciated.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

Okay, so here's the deal. I've tried pretty much everything out there to try and get my Xbox to have an open NAT, but haven't had any luck. I've called Xbox live technical support three times, ****** twice, and both times I get people somewhere overseas I can barely understand who don't seem to have a clue what they're talking about. I'm hoping someone on here may have had this problem and has been able to sort it out so they can help me. First off I'll tell you how I've got everything set up.

I've got my modem connected to a ****** G Wireless router (model # F5D7234-4 v5 if that helps any), which in turn has an ethernet cable running from the router to the back of my Xbox, so I have a wired connection. My computer is in the other room, and I use a USB wireless adapter to connect to the internet on it.

I know that the ports need to be opened in order to have an open NAT. I also read that assigning your 360 a static IP address helps. So, I went to network settings on my Xbox and assigned it a static IP address. I then logged onto my router and opened all the ports it said to open (TCP 80, UDP 88, TCP & UDP 3074, and TCP & UDP 53). I then restarted the router and modem and my Xbox. When I connected everything back and was back on the internet, I turned my 360 back on and tested the connection. I wasn't able to log on to the internet. So I went to my DNS settings and put my primary as 192.168.2.1, which was what it said under ipconfig when I typed it into the command prompt. I retried it. Now, it let me connect to Xbox Live, but it still said that I had a strict NAT setting.

So, I went back onto the router and tried to put my Xbox in the DMZ. Now, I couldn't even connect to the internet. I tried cabling straight from the modem to the Xbox and this didn't work either. So basically, I've tried every option out there and nothing has worked. My router's firmware is updated to the newest version as well.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Any help is really appreciated.

OSJ-1987
sounds like youve made a little mistake somewhere without realising, the site I checked http://hushedcasket.com/node/1724 helped me sort the problem, read it through from top to bottom even if you think youve got everything right already, chances are that like me you'll find a mistake you made or something you didnt do at all
fazio93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 160

#3 fazio93
Member since 2005 • 2940 Posts

You most likely made a mistake somewhere. I set my 360 to a static IP and then had to log in to my Linksys router and Port Forward + Port Trigger port 88 and 3074. Then my NAT opened.

Did you check to make sure the static ip you chose isn't already in use by another device connected to the router? Or that the IP isn't in the range designated to DHCP?