Cannot connect with certain friends on xbox live...?!.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts

alright i have one friend that we have been trying to play some halo 3 or ncaa 08 together but it wont let us connect. we can send messages and what not but it wont even let us join each others voice chat. yes my ports and his ports are open.

my connection:

wireless connection

nat is open

dlink wireless router but i connect trough a linksys access point that is connected to router.

http://speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Download Speed: 9021 kbps (1127.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 946 kbps (118.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

his connection:

nat is open

wireless connection

linksys router of some kind

his dl an ul are similar to mine about 8-9 and 8-9.

not really sure what the problem is. i had it happen with another one of my friends but we were just buddies on live we werent real life friends. so i dont know what other fixes there are. its pretty stupid though.

jks22112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 jks22112
Member since 2005 • 2395 Posts

YEah, I am getting the same problem with one of my friends...

It's quite annoying..Must be xbox live again.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xbox360isgr8t
no becuase i had this issue with the old xbox and halo 2 with the friend that i still have but we dont ever play because of it.
infinitemurder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 infinitemurder
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts
had the same problem as you! its ur router, my friend couldnt join my matches in gears of war, and someone told me it was because of my router, so what i did is just connect my xbox 360 directly to the modem, and BAAAM! i was able to connect with him again
usaaaaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 usaaaaaa
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts

Yup, me too.

Contacted Microsoft and they INSIST it's my ISP.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xbox360isgr8t

had the same problem as you! its ur router, my friend couldnt join my matches in gears of war, and someone told me it was because of my router, so what i did is just connect my xbox 360 directly to the modem, and BAAAM! i was able to connect with him againinfinitemurder

yah well thats not a solution nor an option for me. this is a old problem that shouldnt happen cough welcome to microsoft cough.

infinitemurder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 infinitemurder
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts
yeah well i dont think theres any other way, oh and by the way GO WHITE SOX :) lol
secondomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 secondomen
Member since 2003 • 885 Posts

[QUOTE="infinitemurder"] had the same problem as you! its ur router, my friend couldnt join my matches in gears of war, and someone told me it was because of my router, so what i did is just connect my xbox 360 directly to the modem, and BAAAM! i was able to connect with him againxbox360isgr8t

yah well thats not a solution nor an option for me. this is a old problem that shouldnt happen cough welcome to microsoft cough.

I get the same thing. Its completely random. One day we will be able to play Gears, CoD4 while in private chat together...the next he gets errors and cant join my party in CoD 4 or cant connect to my Gears game. Its got to be live cuz we are fine other days and I do nothing to my settings.

Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts
So all agrees but no one has a solution? lol, damn.. i'm in the same boat...
tab_ki1o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tab_ki1o
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I'm taking this time out to help everyone having this problem just because i'm an all around nice person.

Well... I have been trying to fix this problem for about two years now and i still have not found a solution. =(

The problem is in your router. I know this because i can connect my xbox directly to my modem with the ethernet cord. I have a wireless linksys router with a model number of WRT54G. I'm guessing people having this problem have the same kind of router. Tomorrow i'm throwing the darn thing out and buying a router that is not a linksys. Everyone else is better off doing the same thing to save all the technological headaches and all the time you are going to spend, not to fix your problem. So write your complaints and throw the bastard linksys router away.

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
Couldn't it be that the other person's NAT is strict? I know that stict only lets you play with open networks but i'm not sure if it's all or only some.
KnottyMars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KnottyMars
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I have a buddy with the same problem, seems like it only affects a few people on his friends list. The BRAND of router should have nothing to do with it. Linksys, Dlink, Netgear etc... shouldnt matter. Im wondering if its something more buried like the amount of hops from one player to another.

There are so many points of failure in between networ points that its tough to nail down. My buddy has tried a new router, went from Linksys to Dlink and still didnt solve it. Id hate for someone to ditch a perfectly good router and not have their issue resolved.:!

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#13 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Please don't bump threads that are a year old. Feel free to make a new thread on a similar issue, but bringing back dead threads isn't good for flow. Thanks for understanding.