Cannot connect to xbox live party

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stuarthanley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 stuarthanley
Member since 2003 • 902 Posts

Both mine and my friends Xbox 360 have all the ports forwarded, they are both in the DMZ and they both have open NAT. We have no problems joining games, chatting to others or joining other parties yet, we cannot chat to each other or join each others party.

Please don't suggest that it is something to do with the ports, the NAT or the DMZ as I know it isn't.

is anyone else having these issues as I am loathed to call Xbox technical support as they are useless?

Cheers

stuarthanley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 stuarthanley

As I thought, called Xbox Support who narrowed it down to a "communications error between my modem and my friends modem". In other words, we don't know and we are going to blame your ISP.

Problem still ongoing....

livegamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 livegamer1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
sorry to bump such an old post, but im also having this issue. I have every port open (and so does he), i have UPnP on, and i tried DMZ hosting. Still cant connect to each other. It's a common problem where i live since almost every has the same ISP. If anyone knows how to fix this please post.
stuarthanley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stuarthanley

Bump

My problem magically fixed itself without me changing anything.

Tried calling the ISP who blamed XBOX. Tried calling XBOX who blamed ISP.

It must have been someones issue as its now resolved.... until next time!

skawt73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 skawt73
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
There are a lot of people who have experienced this problem! EVERY post i've read points to a strict NAT. Fixing this still doesn't solve the issue for some. POSSIBLE FIX: i bought my son an Xbox to use while at his mom's house and we had the same problem. His NAT said strict and mine was open, but when we solved that issue it was still happening. The problem dawned on me while i was looking through my routers configuration. The firmware was over a year out of date. Once i upgraded the firmware of the router the problem was solved. You can update your router's firmware at the manufacturers site. I should also add that i could join all his friends party's and they could join mine, but for some reason him and i could not. Also, before i update the firmware my roomate and i also had some issues joining each other's party on XBox live. This too has been resolved for us.
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
My god, don't 1 post people know that they are bumping super old threads? I think he already solved his problem by now...
livegamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 livegamer1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
My god, don't 1 post people know that they are bumping super old threads? I think he already solved his problem by now...LustForSoul
Does it matter? He could be helping other people, such as myself, who are having the same problem.
stuarthanley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stuarthanley

Actually, I haven't solved the problem. The problem rectified itself without me doing anything so it still means that if it happens again, I wouldn't have a scooby what to do. Keep posting folks.

Avatar image for PoorXboxService
PoorXboxService

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PoorXboxService
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
The explanation for this problem is simply poor Xbox service. I don't care why Xbox live is having problems, I am not receiving what I paid for. I should be able to connect to my little brother's Xbox and play Call of Duty with him without being a technical genius. I am done reading forums and messing with security settings to have nothing work. Xbox can fix their problems or I WILL NOT BE RENEWING MY XBOX LIVE GOLD MEMBERSHIP.