Can you transfer your memory unit data to your HDD? (from a Grrl Gamer)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Usmael_Masuel_X
Usmael_Masuel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Usmael_Masuel_X
Member since 2007 • 774 Posts

i have been using a 64 meg memory car dsince i first bought my xbox... now i just got a 20 gig hard drive in the mail... do i need to start over with a new gamer profile, and give up my acheivement points, or can i transfer my account to my hard drive? (if so, how?)

thanks so much in advance!! (detailed instructions appreciated, im not too tech savy)

JoshChambers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JoshChambers
Member since 2004 • 1646 Posts

well I dont know if you can transfer it to your HDD but you can have both in at the same time. Just choose the HDD to save all your games too.

By the way, did you have xbox live before with the memorey card? I'm assuming no. If you are wanting to play on live and if you are required to change your gamertag then you would loose all of your acheivements.

Devoo55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Devoo55
Member since 2007 • 3006 Posts
I don't understand why chicks always say that they are a girl in the topic to get more attention.
Avatar image for Jedi_Shearstone
Jedi_Shearstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jedi_Shearstone
Member since 2004 • 702 Posts

I don't understand why chicks always say that they are a girl in the topic to get more attention.Devoo55

because there usually guys who just want more attention

Edit: and if ya can have both at the same time surely you can transfer the saves? and aren't gamerprofiles backed up on xbox live so you should just be able to sign in as normal on ur hdd

Usmael_Masuel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Usmael_Masuel_X

well I dont know if you can transfer it to your HDD but you can have both in at the same time. Just choose the HDD to save all your games too.

By the way, did you have xbox live before with the memorey card? I'm assuming no. If you are wanting to play on live and if you are required to change your gamertag then you would loose all of your acheivements.

JoshChambers

hm... how do you mean... are you saying that i cannot use my same gamer profile on my hdd? that i will lose all my acheivements if i want to start using it as my main way to save stuff?

and no, i dont have xbox live yet. are you saying when i do get xbox live, i will not be able to use my current gamer tag and i will lose my acheivements?

Sydwynder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Sydwynder
Member since 2004 • 643 Posts

Yes you can. Go into the 360 dashboard and move over to the system blade and select memory but make sure your HD is hooked up. Select your memory card, then choose copy or move and then select the HD to copy or move it there. You can keep all your stuff on your memory card if you want and just copy it to your HD or you can move it all over and leave the card empty.

Hope that helps

LocalGod_TM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LocalGod_TM
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts
if your gamertag is already in sue then yes... im nto 100% about it but id be careful creating your live acct... try and make sure it uses your old profile instead of creating a new one... then you would lose everything
Usmael_Masuel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Usmael_Masuel_X

if your gamertag is already in sue then yes... im nto 100% about it but id be careful creating your live acct... try and make sure it uses your old profile instead of creating a new one... then you would lose everythingLocalGod_TM

agaiin... sorry if im being ignorant here. i love videogames.. just not too knowlegeable about them. my gamer tag is already in use... by me. its really random though so i doubt its in use by ANOTHER person on xbox live already. my question is this: the profile i have going on my memory card, and all the acheivements ive been collecting since fall 06.. that CAN be transfered to xbox live, assuming no one else on xbox live already has that name? or..???

Usmael_Masuel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Usmael_Masuel_X

"Yes you can. Go into the 360 dashboard and move over to the system blade and select memory "

haha.. ok, not trying to be dense, but whats a system blade? is that like a blade server or whatever?? if so, im not on xbox live...

Usmael_Masuel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Usmael_Masuel_X
hello? can anyone answer that question for me?
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
just copy or move the stuff over to your hardrive. And no one cares about your gender, I'm sorry to say.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts

hello? can anyone answer that question for me?Usmael_Masuel_X

that is the menu for games, music, xbox live, and system preferences. Go all the way to the right and you should see a "memory" option

Usmael_Masuel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Usmael_Masuel_X

ahh ok,great thanks!: D

how about some clarification on whether or not my acheivements will be wiped out when i sign up for xbox live?

Usmael_Masuel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Usmael_Masuel_X

hey, btw, cool icon! i loved chronicles of riddick, and was like one of the few people who saw pitch black in theaters. too cool. i hope there is a sequel: /

Kakua_Omari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kakua_Omari
Member since 2005 • 939 Posts
You'll still have your acheivements there, I did the same thing a little while back. You wont lose anything in the process. As for game saves just copy, don't move, in case something happens you'll have your game saves backed up.
Usmael_Masuel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Usmael_Masuel_X

You'll still have your acheivements there, I did the same thing a little while back. You wont lose anything in the process. As for game saves just copy, don't move, in case something happens you'll have your game saves backed up.Kakua_Omari

ah ok, but what about xbox live? thats another question of mine. ive never signed up for live... when i do, will i lose my acheivements?

LRP85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LRP85
Member since 2007 • 3094 Posts
No you won't. I had about 10,000 or more gamerscore before I got on live. i had to change my gamertag as the one I had was taken already and that was all I lost.
LRP85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LRP85
Member since 2007 • 3094 Posts
In order to move your profile you must start your system Then before you load a game press right until the pages/blades stop moving. Look for the memory option. You will then see whatever units you have attached to the system. Select the one that has memory you want to copy. Now select gamer profiles. select your profile and select move. You will then be told you must sign out of it, select yes. Now select the device you want to move it to.