Can you die for good in fable 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fodpea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Fodpea
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts
Fable 2 says you age in the game. so im wondering can you actually die from old age or is it like fable 1 and you stop at 65 or you just keep on getting older
AlbionsHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AlbionsHero
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
Well considering that dying of old age in the middle of a game would not only suck, but be a mood killer, I am sure that it will be like the first game. You'll probably age to about 75 and stay there.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I certainly hope so

It doesn't make sense to get the game treating everything as passing through time semi realistically then at a certain time it becomes completely pretend.

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

I certainly hope so

It doesn't make sense to get the game treating everything as passing through time semi realistically then at a certain time it becomes completely pretend.

Jaysonguy

So you spend a large portion of your life doing side quests, having a family, etc. - and then you finally make it to the final mission, only to die of old age. I don't think so, man. Plus, tons of people like to travel around and do small things after the game is complete, so it only makes sense for the person to stay alive at a certain age.

division_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 division_9
Member since 2005 • 649 Posts
Die of age?. Fable 2 sounds like it has alot of depth, but then again I've never played a fable game.
jmartin1016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jmartin1016
Member since 2003 • 1363 Posts
I doubt that you can die of old age in Fable 2. I sure hope you don't age as fast in 2 either. I was old looking halfway through the game.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

I certainly hope so

Aaron89

So you spend a large portion of your life doing side quests, having a family, etc. - and then you finally make it to the final mission, only to die of old age. I don't think so, man. Plus, tons of people like to travel around and do small things after the game is complete, so it only makes sense for the person to stay alive at a certain age.

Sounds good to me.

There's only a certain amount of time in any lifetime and only a certain amount of time until you run out of it.

Maybe hold off on the death until you finish but once that happens then keep that clock rolling and see how much you can get done before you finally run out of time.

I don't like the idea that the game tries to be as real as can be and then a Care Bear comes jumping out and everything is pretend.

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

Sounds good to me.

There's only a certain amount of time in any lifetime and only a certain amount of time until you run out of it.

Maybe hold off on the death until you finish but once that happens then keep that clock rolling and see how much you can get done before you finally run out of time.

I don't like the idea that the game tries to be as real as can be and then a Care Bear comes jumping out and everything is pretend.

Jaysonguy

:lol: Too funny. I definitely see where you're coming from, but still, I think you won't die "naturally" in the game.

slipknot86_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 slipknot86_1
Member since 2003 • 216 Posts
Well if were going for real lets just cancel out stuff like spells and monsters and the such because that makes so much sense. Fact is most people wouldn't find it fun to have your hero just up and die in the middle of a quest so it will never happen that way. It's a game and it's meant to be fun :)
Avatar image for CorporateHammer
CorporateHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 CorporateHammer
Member since 2007 • 992 Posts

Too Funny LMAO.

RustyNayl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RustyNayl
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
I don't like when games have a time limit. Makes me feel rushed, and I never enjoy the game as much. So I hope you can't die of old age.. lol
Pit_italy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Pit_italy
Member since 2005 • 965 Posts

Yeah you also get Alzheimer and start forgetting things, like where you left your sword. Also, starting from the age of 75 you have to travel in a wheelchair and you start losing your sight. Fortunately your dog can earn the Guide dog perk to walk you around.

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts

wait wait wait...

you aged in fable 1? How was it? Was it based on the story(after completing a mission you got older), or playtime?

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts

Yeah you also get Alzheimer and start forgetting things, like where you left your sword. Also, starting from the age of 75 you have to travel in a wheelchair and you start losing your sight. Fortunately your dog can earn the Guide dog perk to walk you around.

Pit_italy

O________o so that means the dog can live around 70 years too! I wonder how a 70 year old dog would look like :p

BlueTimber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BlueTimber
Member since 2004 • 722 Posts
Why would you want a game with a time limit? Especially if this is suppose to be a longer game. I don't want to play, I dunno, 25 hours only to die of old age and have to start alll over again. That'd be the most retarded set up I ever heard of, you complain of realism yet you've no problem running around casting spells, fightig ogres and using potions to cure an axe wound to the neck.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Pit_italy"]

paulokoenigkam

O________o so that means the dog can live around 70 years too! I wonder how a 70 year old dog would look like :p

Like this

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35
deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts
[QUOTE="paulokoenigkam"][QUOTE="Pit_italy"]

Jaysonguy

Like this

LMAO! I hope can grow old.I just hope that once a quest starts either your age slows dramatically or not at all

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
it would be could if the had a fountain of youth quest in fable 2 because the aging is cool but then when you become a old man you wish you were young again they should make a way.
jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 jackelzx
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts

i can't see the game letting people die of old age!

i couldn't help my self but laugh at some of the post here very funny

tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 tylea002
Member since 2006 • 2351 Posts
They experimented with that, and having the sons take over, but that didn't work so well.
DvnDrgnXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DvnDrgnXD
Member since 2006 • 530 Posts
They were gonna originally let you play your child to replace you when you died. But no, now you cant die of old age.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts
If the game wanted to be super-realistic, then you would die, and you'd appear in the afterlife depending on what your religious views during the game were. If you're an athiest, then yeah, game over...I guess...
jamiebernard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jamiebernard
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

if you buy garths tower and sleep in the bed in the top you look like you did when you first went to the guild cave but you have to rescue him first