can someone explain why fight night 4 is good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ac_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 ac_90
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts

it looks really cool and the graphics are amazing so i really wanna like it; but i just don't get it. i downloaded the demo to try it out and i faced my buddy for 1 round and we both got bored and played something else. all you do is stick mash to bring down the other guys stamina meter. if it goes anywhere close to dangerously low you can just back off and run away from your opponent until it recharges. it just gets boring and that 1 match took like 15 minutes

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

Its not; Go get UFC.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Its not; Go get UFC.

Aslyum_Beast

Listen to this guy ^

imlolmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 imlolmon
Member since 2009 • 503 Posts

all you do is stick mash?? that defeats the purpose of the game dude, its like playing street fighter and just pressing all the buttons saying its boring. every direction is a different move and you're suppose to actually fight. not just mash the sticks till someone wins..

ac_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ac_90

i tried that though i did the tutorial at the beginning and i used some of the moves during the fight but they didnt look like they did extra damage or anything and that still doesnt explain why you can just run away until you stamina fills up again. like we were going at it for like 10 minutes and the health bars didnt budge

SDOT55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SDOT55
Member since 2008 • 250 Posts

Its not; Go get UFC.

Aslyum_Beast

I have both and I like both of them. I like the singleplayer of fight night better. but the multiplayer in ufc is better. if you play fight night online, sometimes skill doesnt really matter, but it does in ufc. all in all, fight night is still a good game to me.

TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TM1
Member since 2004 • 7249 Posts

i tried that though i did the tutorial at the beginning and i used some of the moves during the fight but they didnt look like they did extra damage or anything and that still doesnt explain why you can just run away until you stamina fills up again. like we were going at it for like 10 minutes and the health bars didnt budge

ac_90

Well in reality all fights don't go only two rounds in the result of one guy knocking the other one out that quick. They usually go the distance and the hudges will score the fight. My friends are really good at fight night and these guys will go all 10-12 rounds of a fight with one getting the occasional knockout. But if all you do is stick mash then you won't find it fun and you will never get good. If you stick mash against someone that's good its a guarantee you'll get knocked out very fast.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts

Your logic of why the game is boring can be said about any game really. That aside though, you need strategy to fight. You can't just go in guns blazin' expecting a knockout in the first round everytime. Two good boxers can easily go the distance in a fight, going all 12 rounds. This isn't soul calibur. This is based off of what can actually happen in reality.

The_Unknown_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Unknown_B
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts

Your logic of why the game is boring can be said about any game really. That aside though, you need strategy to fight. You can't just go in guns blazin' expecting a knockout in the first round everytime. Two good boxers can easily go the distance in a fight, going all 12 rounds. This isn't soul calibur. This is based off of what can actually happen in reality.

Ghost_702
BS fight night is an arcade sim, no where close to reality. this game is a disgrace to the sport
ac_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ac_90

i know what u guys are saying but ur not undestanding what happened. obviously if you just stick mash and try to hate it then you're gonna hate it, but if you do proper boxing moves and learn the different punches it does as much damage as if you just stick mash anyways; and the matches just drag on and on with nothing interesting happening for like 10 minutes so eventually you just get bored and start stick mashing anyways to get it over with

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

i know what u guys are saying but ur not undestanding what happened. obviously if you just stick mash and try to hate it then you're gonna hate it, but if you do proper boxing moves and learn the different punches it does as much damage as if you just stick mash anyways; and the matches just drag on and on with nothing interesting happening for like 10 minutes so eventually you just get bored and start stick mashing anyways to get it over with

ac_90

Fight Night is obviously not your kind game. Just try something else. Just a question, what games do you enjoy? I might help you out on what there is besides Fight Night.

imlolmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 imlolmon
Member since 2009 • 503 Posts

ac_90

yeah man, these are not exuses to why the game is bad at all, its just that you dont like it. tons of people have tons of fun going all 12 rounds fighting because it can acutally be fun if you learn to do it.. obviously you dont have the patience and just like to get it over with and stick mash, so get another game. not a fighter though, because you wont go anywhere in any fighting game mashing buttons, and you will get bored very easily.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

[QUOTE="ac_90"]

imlolmon

yeah man, these are not exuses to why the game is bad at all, its just that you dont like it. tons of people have tons of fun going all 12 rounds fighting because it can acutally be fun if you learn to do it.. obviously you dont have the patience and just like to get it over with and stick mash, so get another game. not a fighter though, because you wont go anywhere in any fighting game mashing buttons, and you will get bored very easily.

Couldn't have said better myself.

youngroy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 youngroy81
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Fight Night is a good game. Just a little different from past iterations. I would have preferred the buttons to be in there but maybe they'll patch them in. One thing that is really good tho is the ability to add new boxers to your game that other people created. Your amount of fighters can grow to a lot more than what came with the game. For example I downloaded rocky balboa, apollo creed, deebo, and more. You should check out some of the boxers people created. Check out mine.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/playershare/boxerview/game/fightnight/bid/6839549