Can I Still Play MW 2 With A Strict NAT?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxxCr00k3dxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xxxCr00k3dxxx
Member since 2009 • 1006 Posts

For some odd reason I cannot change my NAT settings (Well I just cant find out where to do it) no matter how hard I try.My ISP is Xplornet Canada because it is the only internet we can get where I live.I have my ethernet cable hooked up to my PC.I do not have a router only this black little box with a green light on it.If anybody knows how I can fix it or just tell me that its good enough for Modern Warfare 2 it will be highly aprreciated.

BTW the black box thing is small and it is from Mottorolla.

Thanks.

snackdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 snackdaddy
Member since 2006 • 2122 Posts

Is that DSL or Cable?

The Nat issue may resolve if you connect your modem "the little black box" directly to the xbox, skipping the PC. However, if its DSL there would be some extra steps.

maybe check support.xbox.com also...

but to answer you question, the Nat setting may mess with your ability to join Multiplayer games and/or chat.

xxxCr00k3dxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xxxCr00k3dxxx

Is that DSL or Cable?

The Nat issue may resolve if you connect your modem "the little black box" directly to the xbox, skipping the PC. However, if its DSL there would be some extra steps.

maybe check support.xbox.com also...

but to answer you question, the Nat setting may mess with your ability to join Multiplayer games and/or chat.

snackdaddy

Its DSL and how do i connect the modem atraight to my Xbox?It is already plugged into the wall and I dont see how to connect it to my Xbox.And I can play any other online game I have except for Gears 2 with my strict NAT.

xxxCr00k3dxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xxxCr00k3dxxx
So will I be able to play Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer or not?
famoussasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 famoussasjohn
Member since 2009 • 230 Posts
So will I be able to play Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer or not?xxxCr00k3dxxx
you will have a tough time connecting to people, 9 times out of 10, you might have a problem, because your internet is restricting any connections to and from your xbox.
Diego_921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Diego_921
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts

my friend has a strict nat and you can still play but its really hard toconnectto a friends game

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
If you have a strict NAT you will struggle to meet up with friends in most online games, though you may be able to join some games with random people. It will be worth the time finding out how to get yours to atleast moderate, to make going online much better
xxxCr00k3dxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xxxCr00k3dxxx
Thanks for all the answers guys.All I realy want is to be able to play online even if it is with random strangers.My friends can connect to me in CoD 4 though and i can connect wiht them but that doesnt really matter.I called my ISP again and they said I have to pay 10 more dollars a month to be able to change my nat because thats not included in our package ...
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Well, I know one my friends can't search for games... But he can join some people, so instead of searching he just joins people, I'll ask him what his NAT is.