Can I sell 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CBASSON1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CBASSON1996
Member since 2015 • 60 Posts

Well...the Xbox One finally has backwards compatibility....so can I trade in the old console for X1 and keep all of my 360 backlog? If I can then I don't have any use left for 360 and can finally go full out on Xbox One and also be able to enjoy all of my old 360 games :D

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Not all games are(or will be) supported for BC

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@cbasson1996 said:

Well...the Xbox One finally has backwards compatibility....so can I trade in the old console for X1 and keep all of my 360 backlog? If I can then I don't have any use left for 360 and can finally go full out on Xbox One and also be able to enjoy all of my old 360 games :D

Not so fast pal, not all the games will be supported for BC, if I were you I would keep my X360 and it´s games until the final list of supported games is available and that is going to take at least a couple of years. BTW, you do know your X360 is backward compatible too ? most original Xbox games run in it.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes you can most certainly sell your Xbox 360 and put the money towards buying an Xbox One. But will all your Xbox 360 games play on Xbox one? The answer is not all of your games will work on Xbox one even with B/C. I had the original Xbox and 101 games for it. When I bought Xbox 360 only 48 of 101 game worked on Xbox 360.

Since the Backwards compatibly on Xbox one will operate the same way as last time. Expect only 40%-55% of all Xbox 360 games to work B/C on Xbox one. Last time only 44% of all games were supported via B/C

So while Xbox one does have B/C with Xbox 360 games 1000 of 3000 games will work on Xbox one. At least this time Microsoft is allowing you to vote on which Xbox 360 games make the B/C list for Xbox one.

So keep your 360 console, you won't get much for it. Or take advantage of the upgrade deal. Soon Xbox 360 consoles will not be worth anything, as that upgrade deal at Gamestop may not last much longer.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 raugutcon

In the future the only X360s that will be worth something will be limited edition consoles as collector´s items ( Halo3, Halo4, Gears of War, Star Wars, MW2, MW3, Halo Reach ), if you have a regular one then it will be worth very little.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I think it's the perfect time to trade up to an Xbox One personally.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

I think it's a good time to trade up, just keep in mind that not all of your games will be added to the BC list immediately.

MS will be looking to add the most popular X360 games first (think I remember hearing 100 games by the end of the year?), but there is a good chance some games will never make it onto the list. It's very dependent on developer approval.

You can vote for games you'd like to see added here:

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backwards-compatibility

CBASSON1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CBASSON1996
Member since 2015 • 60 Posts

Well thanks guys...I think I did the unthinkable...I crapped down SONY's throat....I traded in my PS3 with the 20 games that I had on it....never was a huge PS fan anyway...and guess what...I actually got an Xbox One 500gb model (Secondhand), controller, charging cable, latest HDMI cable (sealed), old hdmi, and 4 games (Dead Rising 3, Zoo Tycoon, Ryse Son of Rome and Watch Dogs)....just have one question...does the Xbox One have a loud noise from the console fan??? It's not that loud...it's actually a bit softer than my 360...still have my 360 with the Xbox One placed right next to it :D

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 raugutcon

Well, you did good, even though I have a lot more Sony systems than MS systems I´m not a Sony fanboy, I enjoy what I have and my game libraries are pretty much split evenly through both systems; if PS3 wash´t your bread and butter and had only 20 games and you used them to get something you wanted I´d say you made a good decision. I don´t have X1 yet but my nephew does and yes there is that fan noise but let me tell you, the PoS4 is a lot louder than the X1.