Campers (What's with people?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
What the hell is wrong with people on Xbox Live lol?

I play COD2 all the time and you always hear people yelling about I hate those campers and this and that.
Are these people Halo fans or something? COD2 is not a run and gun like a crazyman kind of game. I mean you can do that and you can be a upclose kind of shooter or you can be a scout for your team and callout locations or you can be a sniper like I am.

I just hate when I kill a team and at the end they message me yelling at me saying I'm a camper and give me a bad rep!
How is that cheating ? It's called strategy. What should I do, just run outside like a nut to get shot? Ofcourse not. I understand the map and snipe and move from location to location. And someone wants to beat me it's not hard you just don't come looking for me or throw some grenades or corner me in.

I mean why do people complain if they can't win a game and say people are cheating for using their brains?
Some people like to have patience and wait for their kill and not die more times then they kill. I personally don't like getting killed a million times. I look at it like a plus minus which is why I rarely am in the minus with dying too much. And it helps your team out too cause you can kill 20 guys but it means crap if you died 35 times running around in the open and nothing using your head.

I think they should have a thing where the top leaders of each game is not with the most kills but best plus minus cause so many leaders have so many kills but more deaths like in deathmatches which I don't play hardly ever.
jewels7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jewels7
Member since 2003 • 123 Posts
I don't like running out and getting killed for no good reason plus it doesn't help the team. It's called using tactics and strategy. I will be quick in RB6V to camp around a corner with C4 planted on the wall on floor and wait for the stupid run and gunners to get blown to pieces.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kcpp2b
Yeah, to those who say it's cheating that's just sad, learn your own tactics and fight against it. Everyone does this in war real or game even. It's common sense not to run around like a nut.
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
Meh, campers suck. Play the game however you like though, if I don't like it, I'll let you know and then we can all move on with our lives.
DesmondPills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 DesmondPills
Member since 2005 • 1153 Posts
do you find that the people that complain usually go something like 4-18?  this transcends every shooter or MP style game for that matter.  people that dont take advantage of what the game offers correctly so they slam everyone else that does.  ill go back to the same vantage point over and over and snipe or use the KAR.  if your dumb enough to keep showing up there for me to kill you, then you deserve to lose.  the developers dont put certain weapons in the game for you to not use them you follow?  take it with a grain of salt and just laugh to yourself that your not a sniveling child that cant accept defeat.
SpYdEr124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SpYdEr124
Member since 2003 • 151 Posts
Dude that is true for too many games. So many people will complain if you snipe, like sniper rifles were put in a game so you can shoot the person 2ft away. No you get those guns so you can be far away from the enemy. People just don't like to die or lose. When you kill them and they can't kill you your either cheating, camping or using a noob gun. Its the way the online community for a ton of games is going. Like if you were really in WW2 you would be saying to the Axis "Dude stop camping at the tower, you noob." No its war and anything goes, which is what the game is based on.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
Camping is fine, but if you stay in one spot the whole game (especially when you've got a wall behind you or something so that no one can shoot your from behind) it can come off as cheating. If they're going to give you a bad rep for it though then they're just bad sports.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
As long as you aren't camping at a place where the opposing team spawns, I don't see a problem with it. If someone got killed running around in a certain place, and they are stupid enough to return to that place without taking precautions (smoke grenade or whatever), then they deserve to get killed again.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kcpp2b
Camping is fine, but if you stay in one spot the whole game (especially when you've got a wall behind you or something so that no one can shoot your from behind) it can come off as cheating. If they're going to give you a bad rep for it though then they're just bad sports.OhhSnap50893

There's no one spot on COD2 you can stay without being killed. If it's so boxed in the that means a bunch of grenades will lock you in and you are screwed. I move from great cover places to cover places all the time so I know a lot of them and I know you can't stay there for long.

And yes to the other comments about people who keep coming down the same corner or whatever and then complain to me. If you are dumb enough to keep falling for the fact that I got a corner picked off then that's your fault. I notice a lot people will get pissed at you and try to come the same way just to show you up and I welcome it cause I know they're coming and I know there will be a flank too.

It's war people it's strategy. Too bad people have to complain.

And I hate those who give me a bad rep for leaving early.
A) I don't play ranked matches
B) I am not playing 2 on 4 or 5 all the damn time so I leave since people don't play fair and switch sides like I do if I'm the last to join a full squad.
C) If I go into something that's set on Random map. If I hate the garbage map I leave.

I think you shouldn't be allowed to give bad review based on leaving early unless it's Ranked matches cause that is different. Sometimes people get bored or aren't having fun. I mean we buy games to have fun people not so I can get killed by gangs of people while doing a 2 on 6 game with losers who refuse to play fair sides
Ironhorse001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ironhorse001
Member since 2002 • 648 Posts

Dude that is true for too many games. So many people will complain if you snipe, like sniper rifles were put in a game so you can shoot the person 2ft away. No you get those guns so you can be far away from the enemy. People just don't like to die or lose. When you kill them and they can't kill you your either cheating, camping or using a noob gun. Its the way the online community for a ton of games is going. Like if you were really in WW2 you would be saying to the Axis "Dude stop camping at the tower, you noob." No its war and anything goes, which is what the game is based on.SpYdEr124

Exactly. If someone is camping why not take the effort to find them and kill them, works for me. Some of these idiots that complain about other players camping have no business playing these games. They should just go back to playing a plumber stomping turtles. That seems to be more like there style of gameplay.

crazygamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 crazygamer1
Member since 2003 • 845 Posts

It's so funny that people complain about this. I remember back in the SNES days how many of my friends would come over and we'd play Street Fighter and they'd use that same move over and over and over if it won them fights. I never got mad when I got beat, I just learned how to block it, stop it, and then proceeded with my owning them in every round. It made me a better gamer. I look at it as " Until you can stop it, I'm going to keep doing it." The problem with the people that complain about "camping" is that they themselves don't want to have to raise their playing ability to counter your tactic. But hey, "campers" at the same time NEED those kind of gamers in the game because without them running around like chickens with their heads cut off, a "camper" wouldn't have anyone to shoot.

SilV3RSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 SilV3RSix
Member since 2002 • 1722 Posts
The only time I have a problem with camping in is where it's a Team Survival Mode- like Rainbow Six, for example- and you are left waiting for 5 minutes because some idiot won't come out of the bushes. That's just stupid.
Peter_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Peter_Panda
Member since 2005 • 1167 Posts
I like to play the happy camper once in a while, but someone good usually sneaks past my line of sight and fills me with lead.
DesmondPills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DesmondPills
Member since 2005 • 1153 Posts
another important factor is xbox live is this generations day care center.  mind you this day care center caters to the ages between mostly 10 all the way up to the age id say 35 predominantly.  this in itself is pathetic, not that your older and playing videogames, but that your older and act like your 6.  if your a competitive gamer then you can find a way around someones position end of story.  its possible.  im not the best CoD2 player, however i will boast that i am pretty friggin good with my 2 regular friends i play with(you can add "vorbote" to your gamer list if you want a friendly match sometimes).  if it wasnt for "campers" which im going to start calling "strategists" then our skill level wouldnt be where its at.  whats the fun in playing honestly if you never lose also? 
guthwulf_de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 guthwulf_de
Member since 2004 • 13209 Posts
I don't really care about campers. Non-moving targets are easier to hit.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#16 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

I don't really care about campers. Non-moving targets are easier to hit.guthwulf_de

:lol: that is so true.

Citizen_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Citizen_Zero
Member since 2006 • 1786 Posts
I got no problem with camping, i just hate the camping crap in r6v ware they can see you with the 3rd person view crap but you got no idea they are there. It's one of the first rules of combat, if you can see them they can see you simple as that. At least in Gears of War 95% of the time you can see a peace of there shoulder or there shadow some give away they are there so you both are aware, if you just keep a sharp eye out. Plus it's not much of a 1 hit kill game like r6v is.

IMO 1st person view Camping is ok, 3rd person view camping is 100% BS. You might as well have Xray vision to see them with out them being able to see you.
Citizen_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Citizen_Zero
Member since 2006 • 1786 Posts
Why camp on FFA or Team Death Match? The only game type i can see camping is on CTF or some other team objective game type. If you camp on a FFA or TDM it just shows me your afraid of my superior skills. ;)
seriousgamer20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 seriousgamer20
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts
COD4 is a game where u can camp cuz there r snipers and you cant run around with a sniper rifle and get kills you have to find a good snipe position but people complain about that i dont understand but when i see prople camping in halo 3 im like yo what the hell r u doing
Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Hickamie14
Member since 2007 • 1652 Posts

NEWB!

Just kidding, it is not wrong to camp in CoD 2 at all it is strategy, personally I love campers because I kill them all the time and never get killed. My style in CoD 2 was to get into a high over looking place and shoot people with my M1 then go around the corners killing campers. In CoD 4 though I just go running out going from position to position and flanking with a AR and it is really fun, that is what I do and my opinion is that camping is not cheating, but is a strategy-even if it can get a little anoying- and if people leave bad rep on you then they are probably bad at the game-because they probably run right at you instead of going around you-and are bad sports.

xbxjetraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#21 xbxjetraider
Member since 2004 • 1522 Posts

What the hell is wrong with people on Xbox Live lol?

I play COD2 all the time and you always hear people yelling about I hate those campers and this and that.
Are these people Halo fans or something? COD2 is not a run and gun like a crazyman kind of game. I mean you can do that and you can be a upclose kind of shooter or you can be a scout for your team and callout locations or you can be a sniper like I am.

I just hate when I kill a team and at the end they message me yelling at me saying I'm a camper and give me a bad rep!
How is that cheating ? It's called strategy. What should I do, just run outside like a nut to get shot? Ofcourse not. I understand the map and snipe and move from location to location. And someone wants to beat me it's not hard you just don't come looking for me or throw some grenades or corner me in.

I mean why do people complain if they can't win a game and say people are cheating for using their brains?
Some people like to have patience and wait for their kill and not die more times then they kill. I personally don't like getting killed a million times. I look at it like a plus minus which is why I rarely am in the minus with dying too much. And it helps your team out too cause you can kill 20 guys but it means crap if you died 35 times running around in the open and nothing using your head.

I think they should have a thing where the top leaders of each game is not with the most kills but best plus minus cause so many leaders have so many kills but more deaths like in deathmatches which I don't play hardly ever.
kcpp2b

Camping and spawn killing aren't cheating. Some games provide immunities post spawn for a few seconds. Some games move spawns for that reason as well. If it isn't exploiting a glitch, or altering the games code, or using router tricks, it isn't cheating.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

I played a lot of CoD2 and there is only one thing wrong with that game (well, maybe more then one thing): When two players see different things.

The sniper can see the battlefield from behind the fence (or wall or w/e) but when the other players look at him, all you see is the tip of his helmet. Basically the only way to kill them is to get a perfect shot off at the top of their head. Easier said then done when playing against an excellent sniper. Some of the crappy players that run around the maps get frustrated, and complain.

Qwickkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Qwickkiller
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts

How is that cheating ? It's called strategy. What should I do, just run outside like a nut to get shot?
kcpp2b

im with you 100% on this buds

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
People get pissy about CoD4 because of camping but I highly doubt if you were in Iraq you'd run around shooting people to evetually die 10 seconds later. No you'd hide behind cover and shoot people as they come through. People say use strategy but camping seems to be a strategy even the military uses so to hell with everyone else.
LilYungsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LilYungsta
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts
Yep.
MstrHnky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MstrHnky
Member since 2004 • 105 Posts

i guess when all is said and done, camping is going to be a part of every FPS, regardless of what people say about it. that's why there are sniper rifles.

that being said, i never camp because i think it's so friggin boring. i want to play a game that is all about action, not sit and wait like i'm playing chess. if that's your thing, so be it. i just don't think it's any fun, especially in CoD4.

i'll be the first person to admit that i'm pretty much straight run and gun, but i talk to my teammates, if they're talking back, and point out enemy locations, etc. my kill count is WAY above my death count, but it's frequent that my deaths are in the top few for the match.

the way i see it, as long as you kill more people than the number of times you've died, you're helping your team.

when my 360 comes back from MS, i'll gladly go toe-to-toe with snipers and win a majority of the time.

dipper145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dipper145
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts
as long as you dont just stay in the same place for the entire round
disturbia666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 disturbia666
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]
How is that cheating ? It's called strategy. What should I do, just run outside like a nut to get shot?
Qwickkiller

im with you 100% on this buds

i back this up 100% as well. even on games such as Day of Defeat i was a sniper. people get angry at a camper cuz there stubborn and like to go a same path every spawn. unforunatly for them a good sniper wont allow them to pass his cross hair and for that we are cheaters. they should just learn to work your way around it. dont hate the sniper cuz he can kill you from a long distance. thats what were for.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts
My solution to stop having to listen to people complain about me killing them as I was camping. I stopped playing games with people. Went back to single player so I didn't have to listen to people whine about the fact they played like idiots, or in other games (mmorpg's) just basically have to witness a bunch of people acting like idiots. I'll occasionally jump into a multiplayer game but I leave just as quickly when I see someone named something like "ipooponyouhaha".
phyzium1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 phyzium1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

i, however, do run outside like a nut to get shot.

not exactly like a nut, but i run and cover, i dont die often and i get lots of kills

Djinnator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Djinnator
Member since 2007 • 645 Posts
i'm fine with it as long as the weapons are balanced, if the long range rifle wobbles like in reality then it takes skill to kill people. Smart snipers are always moving anyway, otherwise thier enemies can pinpoint thier location so theorectically campers are easier to kill.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
Camping is fine, but if you stay in one spot the whole game (especially when you've got a wall behind you or something so that no one can shoot your from behind) it can come off as cheating. If they're going to give you a bad rep for it though then they're just bad sports.OhhSnap50893
all that still plays into tactics, if your tired of that person sittin there pickin you off, then sneak down and take him out and take it over, or move higher up and snipe him out, i hate bein killed by the same person over and over cuz i cant find them, but i woudl never call them a cheater for it as i would do the same to them if i got to that spot first
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts
camping normally ends badly against skilled players, unless you are good at changing locations. A skilled player will only let a camper kill them once and then will kindly return the favour.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

camping normally ends badly against skilled players, unless you are good at changing locations. A skilled player will only let a camper kill them once and then will kindly return the favour. APOLLOCJD

bingo! and to the people who do camp, its not cheating so its fine and all but you better be a damn good camper and put the volume all the way up to high because im either gonna A) flank you right or left then come up the stairs and Bash your head in or B) im going to play sniper vs sniper and have a remake of the scene in saving private ryan where the american soldier puts a bullet in the other enemies eye from across the map

Chaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chaism
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts

I think camping is unfairly picked on because most people think its playing to defensivly, I know for me when i played RTS's like Age of Empires people would get mad when i just a ton of walls and "turtle" myself and never attack and just wait for them to tire out.

I think most people play offensively so when someone thinks and waits and plays defensivly hiding or defending on area with your team people think its cheating. Why I like playing games like the Headquaters on CoD 4 where you are forced to not only be able to defend a location but also attack a defended location to.

bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts

theres a difference between tactical camping and being just plain bush league... tactical camping would be picking a corner ie...in rainbow six in the casino vault... posting up behind a a pillar and picking people off.....bush league camping.... LVU Campus in the glitch window...

also certain weapons... for instance... if ur playing halo 3 in the pitt... and u have the energy sword and ALL you do is camp around a corner waiting for someone to pass by.... come on... thats just cheesy... i meanif that sorta stuff is fun to people then hey w/e do it.. but yea i rather play a game like its suppose to be played and not worry about dying and just get kills....whats funny is that most campers end up in the lower echelon of the standings...

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
I love in Gears when you are playing and someone is sniping, and you go up to them while they are sniping and rip them to shreds with your shotgun. It is one of the most satisfying things to do in any game I have ever played.
sony_vaio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#38 sony_vaio
Member since 2004 • 1721 Posts

Meh, campers suck. Play the game however you like though, if I don't like it, I'll let you know and then we can all move on with our lives.jmartinez1983

Agreed. Campers are like coaches in the N.F.L. who call time out 1 second before the kicker tries to kick a field goal. I mean sure its "legal" and not against the rules, but everyone knows you just shouldn't do it.

cbtrey3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 cbtrey3
Member since 2005 • 142 Posts
I agree with most of the posts here about camping but what I really wanted to comment on is what you said about the kill count total not determining your rank for the match. I don't know how many times I have had a K/D spread in Halo 3 of about +15 only to find out I wasn't MVP because some guy had one more kill then me and a K/D spread of like -10. IMHO I feel that the K/D spread should be used to determine your true rank in the match. It's the only statistic that really shows how much you have contributed to the team. It doesn't matter if you get 15 kills if you die 30 times!
Jud0ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 Jud0ka
Member since 2002 • 853 Posts

Lots of people tend to take camping as a real world tactic. It really is not when compared to infantry or SRT teams. The goal of a team dealing with a threat or a team of threats is to contain. This means that hopefully you will have two or moreteams to engauge, one to pin and one to move and flank. Now if your outmanned and outgunned then "camping" is a viable option until help arrives. When clearing close quarter areas there is no camp tactic the goal is to overwhelm.

As you can see it all changes depending on the scenario. Now as for FPS if your siting in a corner watching a door in a tower like most campers do,then you are not providing any help for your team even if you are scoping from the highground. Now if your team forms a perimeter around that area and they hold it, then you will because you will have much more opportunity to provide high ground support with any weapon.

The campers that do watch that door in the tower I generally do notlike because they provide no help for the team. Yes I don't really have a problem trying to find a way to kill thembut they are really just a nuisance. One comment on Spawn killing is that it is just inconsiderate and unsportmans like. It takes no skill at all to just "execute" players as to spawn. I leave bad feedback for that because its just sorry and requires LITTLE skill.I do not give bad feedback for campers because thats how they play and I don't believe that i should give bad rep for the way they enjoy a game. No matter how muchI get pissed off.

HokiePorter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HokiePorter
Member since 2007 • 342 Posts

I agree with you and personally when I get the chance to grab a sniper rifle I like to find a few spots to rotate between and pick people off (even though I'm not that great of a sniper). I also like to find out how well my team can play together when we are up against a sniper. I even welcomed the challenge on Gears of War with the one map where the sniper rifle was in the center and you spawned on one of two roads and the sniper would pick people off as they turned the corner to come out. I never really played CoD 2 online but have played plenty of either games with snipers and without them and having to hunt them out, I think MP matches would get kind of boring.

Anyone have a favorite sniper movie? Mine is definitely Enemy at the Gates

JosemlopesBFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JosemlopesBFly
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts

I got no problem with camping, i just hate the camping crap in r6v ware they can see you with the 3rd person view crap but you got no idea they are there. It's one of the first rules of combat, if you can see them they can see you simple as that. At least in Gears of War 95% of the time you can see a peace of there shoulder or there shadow some give away they are there so you both are aware, if you just keep a sharp eye out. Plus it's not much of a 1 hit kill game like r6v is.

IMO 1st person view Camping is ok, 3rd person view camping is 100% BS. You might as well have Xray vision to see them with out them being able to see you. Citizen_Zero

100% right.

I was talking to a friendabout that and in my opinion, the player should always see from the caracter eye, and when you put thecaracter in cover you would be able to move the head so that you could watch and hide when someonegot close.

It would also be more realistic and the R6V also pisses mewith that.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

What should I do, just run outside like a nut to get shot?kcpp2b

You should run out so I can shoot you! :D

I understand this argument to both perspectives since I choose the best strategy for each match and sometimes that envoles camping. Especially on Search and Destroy. If the match requires me to sit still and kill form afar, then that's what I do. But I do hate it when the entire opposing team camps at every single blind corner. Sometimes it's just fun to spray and pray, you know? :P