Call of duty MW3 ? where are the Sniper levels.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

suade907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 suade907
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts

I really think activision is dropping the ball here. You have to go all the way back to call of duty 4 I believe, to get a decent sniper map with tall grass and foilage. I think the map may have been called overgrown and it was great. Since then we've been sucked into a mold of what is a COD game. Activision it seems is not willing to bend their own rules or think outside the box. And it's really getting tired. I was really hoping that with this game you'd be able to climb on objects a little or there would be a map with grass that you could hide in.

While the game is darn good it's truly more of the same. If anyone has found a good sniper map please let me know, I may have missed it but after about 8 hours of online play I have yet to see one.

Ducati996R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ducati996R
Member since 2006 • 520 Posts

You actually have to go all the way back to the Battlefield games to be a sniper where you don't have to press down on the joystick to keep the scope from jiggling as it's always steady and a .50 cal. actually kills people with one shot even to the body.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
They expect everyone to quickscope I guess.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

So people can camp their ass off the whole game? no thanks IW took the right route back making all the maps med size.

LOL think out of the box. When your selling something 5 times more then anyone else. Why even risk thinking lol appeartly they doing something right.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
I'm glad that there aren't any sniper maps, because I like to run around. However, IW should have included at least one map that's catered to snipers (for those who like to play that way)...even if I won't vote for it.
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

I think you should think outside the box. If other people can snipe in this game, why can't you?

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

using a sniper rifle how it is intended is considered "camping" now which is just stupid, so if your not running around quick scoping your a "noob" but it should be the other way around because they made quick scoping so easy in MW2 and MW3 that anyone can do it, it actually takes more skill to use a sniper how it's intended and less skill to quick scope.

ASunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ASunGod
Member since 2011 • 48 Posts
I'm not having any trouble sniping. Try being more sly.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
^ Wth does that have to do with this topic? And try a little spoiler warning next time for people who haven't gotten the game yet. As for the topic, I haven't really noticed any "sniper maps" yet but there are a couple of maps that are fairly large and it seems like they would be pretty good for snipers. The majority of the maps don't have that though. It's kind of a shame since I occasionally like to go the sniper route but in this game it feels like they want you to run around and quick scope which I think is utterly ridiculous. There's also very little cover when you do find a big enough map. There's usually like 3 or 4 entrances to every building and it's pretty easy to get shanked from behind if you're not paying attention. It makes it pretty much an AR/SMG/shotgun game since there's really no point to risk carrying around a sniper when you won't get a chance to use it the way it's supposed to be used.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

I'm glad sniper levels are limited now (I haven't played all the maps yet). I hate camping snipers.

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

I'm glad sniper levels are limited now (I haven't played all the maps yet). I hate camping snipers.

OfficialBed

*Facepalm*

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

OfficialBed

There is nothing more boring than a "sniper" map. :roll: LAME-O

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts

[QUOTE="OfficialBed"]

HilbillyRokstar

There is nothing more boring than a "sniper" map. :roll: LAM-O

Seriously? In MW2 Derailed was a pretty good and fun sniper map. It had lots of open areas to snipe from and had a middle area for people who wanted to go close combat. There's no reason a sniper map has to be boring. If you get another Wasteland, then yeah, that would be boring, but they can easily give you a fun sniper map.
Avatar image for deactivated-5851d30844ac7
deactivated-5851d30844ac7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5851d30844ac7
Member since 2010 • 269 Posts

There are lots of bad things about being a sniper, if you get a good spot, they call you a camper, if you run around and shoot people with a 50cal, they accuse you of quick scoping and call you a n00b. But, idk where all the sniper spots are.

Avatar image for deactivated-5851d30844ac7
deactivated-5851d30844ac7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5851d30844ac7
Member since 2010 • 269 Posts

[QUOTE="OfficialBed"]

Xeogua

*Facepalm*

I beg to differ, you need a Tactical Facepalm sir!

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]

[QUOTE="OfficialBed"]

wwervin

There is nothing more boring than a "sniper" map. :roll: LAM-O

Seriously? In MW2 Derailed was a pretty good and fun sniper map. It had lots of open areas to snipe from and had a middle area for people who wanted to go close combat. There's no reason a sniper map has to be boring. If you get another Wasteland, then yeah, that would be boring, but they can easily give you a fun sniper map.

Derailed is a combination map, not a sniper map, like Bloc and Wasteland. They were LAME. Although Bloc was definitely the better of the two.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

[QUOTE="OfficialBed"]

Xeogua

*Facepalm*

I'm talking about the people that NEVER move in a map. I don't mind the snipers that move around the map to get different vantage points.
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

Yeah, I haven't played a decent sniper map yet.

That's a shame .. maybe for DLC.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
No one likes getting clipped from someone camping half way across the map, time to evolve.
Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

So people can camp their ass off the whole game? no thanks IW took the right route back making all the maps med size.

LOL think out of the box. When your selling something 5 times more then anyone else. Why even risk thinking lol appeartly they doing something right.

k2theswiss

I agree, Id be fine if snipers were taken out of the game. There are a few maps that work with snipers and there are some with foliage too. I havent learned all the names yet, but village and mission have foiage for anoying kids to camp and all that.