Call Of Duty 4 (CoD :MW) vs Call Of Duty 5 (CoD : WAW)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

space-invaders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 space-invaders
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Which one is better in your opinion?

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Both were great but i prefer COD:Waw. The zombie mode is what makes COD:Waw win in my opinion.
Making_Pudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Making_Pudding
Member since 2008 • 518 Posts

In all honesty, I think World at War is a more refined game than Modern Warfare. Then again, World at War borrows nearly everything from Modern Warfare, so they had a lot more time to play around and tweak other aspects of the game before release.

The next Call of Duty is going to be very, very interesting, indeed.

Brain_Fillets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#4 Brain_Fillets
Member since 2008 • 212 Posts

I bought WaW and sold it back to Gamestop a week later. I tried to like it, I wanted to like it..but I just couldn't. I think that it mostly had to do with the fact that I liked the modern combat with the updated weapons and gear. I know I'm one of the only ones out there that doesn't like the new game, but it was so hard for me to take that step backward into WWII...again.

Yes, it looks great and the mechanics are right on...it just needs a different setting. Even the Battlefield series kind of suffered after they ran through the timeline, so I hope these guys think of something big because I still like the CoD games, I don't want to see it go away. I just hope they don't try to futuristic route, all though I honestly don't that there are a whole lot of other options left. Vietnam? Hypothetical invasion of America?

punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts
WaW is a win by replay value
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts
WaW, just because the helicopter is gone. At least people try to shoot the dogs, and they git rid if campers. Helicopter made campers...
Sneaky_Gopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7 Sneaky_Gopher
Member since 2005 • 2440 Posts
4, just because of the weapons. WaW has a better single player though.
Brain_Fillets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#8 Brain_Fillets
Member since 2008 • 212 Posts

WaW, just because the helicopter is gone. At least people try to shoot the dogs, and they git rid if campers. Helicopter made campers...Cyberfairy

So true, but if people would have played with more teamwork and made it easier on the people toting the RPG's around, it would have made for better MP games.

Making_Pudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Making_Pudding
Member since 2008 • 518 Posts

Hypothetical invasion of America?

IrishWang
That would actually be very, very, very, very epic. :D
TwiztidJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 TwiztidJoker
Member since 2004 • 836 Posts
I am fairly sick of WW2, so my choice is for 4.
Lordcharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lordcharles
Member since 2003 • 147 Posts
[QUOTE="IrishWang"]

Hypothetical invasion of America?

Making_Pudding

That would actually be very, very, very, very epic. :D

That was done recently by a different developer and the game was not good at all.

Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts
love wwII games so waw for me
evenlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 evenlegend
Member since 2008 • 226 Posts

4, just because of the weapons. WaW has a better single player though.Sneaky_Gopher

what he said :P

stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

#14 stupid4
Member since 2008 • 3695 Posts
Haven't played WaW yet, but it looks great. They do need to make a vietnam war game though.
crazy1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 crazy1942
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

i prefered cod waw!! i like everything about ww 2... since battlefield 1942 ive played all the games about it

this is the reason of my nickname is crazy1942 :D

mkeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mkeyou
Member since 2008 • 995 Posts
hhmmmm. i still cant decide what to get.i like both WWII games and modern.Can somebody help!!!???
crazy1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 crazy1942
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

hhmmmm. i still cant decide what to get.i like both WWII games and modern.Can somebody help!!!???mkeyou

COD WaW for sure!!!

stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

#18 stupid4
Member since 2008 • 3695 Posts

hhmmmm. i still cant decide what to get.i like both WWII games and modern.Can somebody help!!!???mkeyou

From what I hear they are excatley the same game, so just get what era you like most.

mkeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mkeyou
Member since 2008 • 995 Posts
ok thanks for replying. ill get waw because probably the next cod will be modern so it will feel fresh.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd316c49d3bc
deactivated-5dd316c49d3bc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 deactivated-5dd316c49d3bc
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
man i loved MW and i was VERY skeptical on WaW b/c it goes back to the WWII theme. but after playing through campaign mode and some mp matches i gotta say WaW is the winner. the mp is much more fun because you dont die instantly the second u see an enemy b/c of the older weapons so its more intense/fun imo.
gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamespot4life
Member since 2007 • 1301 Posts

I bought WaW and sold it back to Gamestop a week later. I tried to like it, I wanted to like it..but I just couldn't. I think that it mostly had to do with the fact that I liked the modern combat with the updated weapons and gear. I know I'm one of the only ones out there that doesn't like the new game, but it was so hard for me to take that step backward into WWII...again.

Yes, it looks great and the mechanics are right on...it just needs a different setting. Even the Battlefield series kind of suffered after they ran through the timeline, so I hope these guys think of something big because I still like the CoD games, I don't want to see it go away. I just hope they don't try to futuristic route, all though I honestly don't that there are a whole lot of other options left. Vietnam? Hypothetical invasion of America?

IrishWang

this is exactly how i feel. thank you for saving me the time.

dirtydishko2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dirtydishko2
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
These games are two of the best (if not THE best) shooters available right now. I prefer, COD4 simply because I prefer the modern setting and up to date arsenal of weapons. BUT I'm playing WaW instead of COD4 simply because I've played COD4 to death at this point.
blind_30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blind_30
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts
I am a big CoD fan, i have yet to play WaW because im waiting till i own it and im getting it christmas. I can already tell that it will be my favorite between the 2 because i like the WWll era better in fact i still play CoD 3 more than MW. CoD is the best first person shooter!!!!. I cant wait to play WaW!!!!!!
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

COD:W@W is NOT COD5. COD5 will be made by Infinity Ward and be called COD5: Insert Subtitle Here.

But COD4 is the better game all around. Better story, better multiplayer, and most importantly better guns.

Riaz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Riaz85
Member since 2005 • 332 Posts

COD:W@W is NOT COD5. COD5 will be made by Infinity Ward and be called COD5: Insert Subtitle Here.

But COD4 is the better game all around. Better story, better multiplayer, and most importantly better guns.

PlasmaBeam44
uhhh... they were calling WaW, COD5 before it had a subtitle, and treyarch made COD3, and i believe InfinityWard already stated they were working on COD6
HardcoreBunni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HardcoreBunni
Member since 2008 • 643 Posts
COD: World at War is the better game in my opinion.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

Riaz85

uhhh... they were calling WaW, COD5 before it had a subtitle, and treyarch made COD3, and i believe InfinityWard already stated they were working on COD6

Yeah and your also forgetting COD:Finest Hour and COD: Big Red One. I don't remember anyone calling those COD2 and COD3 at the time so why starting calling COD W@W COD5? Just because it came out after COD4 doesn't automatically make it COD5. It's a spinoff.

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
Riaz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Riaz85
Member since 2005 • 332 Posts
[QUOTE="Riaz85"][QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

PlasmaBeam44

Yeah and your also forgetting COD:Finest Hour and COD: Big Red One. I don't remember anyone calling those COD2 and COD3 at the time so why starting calling COD W@W COD5? Just because it came out after COD4 doesn't automatically make it COD5. It's a spinoff.

Finest Hour and Big Red One were both spin for the ps2, xbox, and gc, im guessing that genration of consoles didn't have what it took to run the original CoD engine, they were cheap simplified ports, and as i stated, "Call of Duty: World at War" was known as "Call of Duty 5" before they gave it a subtitle
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
Please use the stickied thread for recommendations. Thanks.