call of duty 2 veteran!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

akuna2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 akuna2006
Member since 2006 • 190 Posts

so i am doing cod2 on veteran and it is hard, but i get used to it and i don't die so often... until i reached ''silo'' i already conquered the town buildings but then i have to get up the up the silo  and there are tons of mortars to destroy, i already did one checkpoint up there so it isn't very much until it ends BUT i totaly can't kill them all without dying first i feel like i am in circus doing so much at the same time...

So any tips? And for the rest of the game any tips as well?

JoshChambers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JoshChambers
Member since 2004 • 1646 Posts
walk away from the 360. I find that if I am stuck at a part and cant beat it I walk away and come back later. That usually works 95% of the time.
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

so i am doing cod2 on veteran and it is hard, but i get used to it and i don't die so often... until i reached ''silo'' i already conquered the town buildings but then i have to get up the up the silo and there are tons of mortars to destroy, i already did one checkpoint up there so it isn't very much until it ends BUT i totaly can't kill them all without dying first i feel like i am in circus doing so much at the same time...

So any tips? And for the rest of the game any tips as well?

akuna2006
take it really really slow who care if half a level takes 1 hour
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I honestly didn't find it that difficult, the key is to take your time, use cover, headshots are your friend and always save i smoke grenade and a few grenades as they will come in handy for clearing out rooms and trenches.
ronnie_m17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ronnie_m17
Member since 2006 • 4014 Posts
i used to sniper rifles, that seemed to help, just take your time, once you do it a few times you learn were the mortars crews come from and you;ll know were they are at
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts

It's funny, I dreaded the silo part because so many people complained about it.  I was shocked that once I got up there, I only died once.  I guess I'm just good with a sniper rifle.  :)

Now the rest of that level killed me.  I must have spent 2 hours trying to clear out the post office.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
one of the most difficult parts. i had 2 get a kill everyshot for about 30 - 45 secs. just keep on doing it and remember where the mortar teams appear from for next time 4 a quick kill.
Metalnoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Metalnoid
Member since 2006 • 1314 Posts

Yes, is true. COD 2 in Veteran dificulty is one of the most hardest games i ever play.
"The Silo" i never going to forget that word in my life :lol: it took 5 hours take control over the town, and when i think that everything was over. The axis counter attack with those hell morter teams.

The only tip i can give you is, dont look in strategy, dont look for a spot to shoot. Look forward and run through the bullets and keep shooting thats the easy way in cod 2, believe me. "If you stay, you will not survive".

Ohh, and by the way. If you believe that "The Silo" is a hard level wait until you reach the top of "Hill 400".

bass_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bass_11
Member since 2006 • 494 Posts
cod3 veteran is way harder than cod2.   Theres like random unmanned turrets constantly firing at you
Moncada5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Moncada5
Member since 2005 • 372 Posts

Yeah i remember that Level. I took me an Hour just to get from 1 checkpoint to another. (Don't remember which one though) I only died once on the silo, I call it a fluke because I shot the guy clearly 3 times and then he get his lucky shot of with the morter and then he finally dies and I die to...THROWS CONTROLER ACROSS ROOM.            It was Fun:D

Tip - take your time aiming don't try and hurry up. 1 shot one kill, is alot better then you missing him a couple times cause you don't take time to aim properly.

Moncada5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Moncada5
Member since 2005 • 372 Posts
[QUOTE="Metalnoid"]

Ohh, and by the way. If you believe that "The Silo" is a hard level wait until you reach the top of "Hill 400".

O MY GOSH! I hated Defending that Thing. What made me mad was that after I took it I thought the game was gonna be over but then I had to defend it. That stuff is Crazy. Running back and forth across the map with grenades coming in everywhere and there you are trying to find the mortors in the WAYYYYYYYYY Back.

But after I beat the Game. O man, I was so Happy:D! I Let those credits Role. I have never been so proud to see the credits.

eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts
Those have to be the HARDEST 1000 points i have gotten and will EVER get. And  pardon my vague memory cuz i beat the game around this time last year, but is silo part of D-Day? D-Day was the hardest level EVER. o god the very beginning after you climb the cliff i had to use all my smokes to advance a few feet!! and taking over that town, wow, i cried. so many objectives, so many germans. The words "checkpoint reached" was heavenly-like for my eyes.God that lvl was SOOOOO hard. Once i beat it i let out a sigh of relief and jst stared at my 1000 points for the game for about 2-3 minutes. You're a man if you beat it. good luck to all trying it out there!
WillT12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WillT12345
Member since 2004 • 3123 Posts
walk away from the 360. I find that if I am stuck at a part and cant beat it I walk away and come back later. That usually works 95% of the time. JoshChambers
This is the best advice really. Comeback tomarrow and I bet you'll get it on the first try, at least thats the way it always works for me.
Metalnoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Metalnoid
Member since 2006 • 1314 Posts

"If you are going through hell, keep going."

Winston Churchill

Blitz1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blitz1130
Member since 2006 • 364 Posts
That crazy I just beat that part an hour ago, after that i took a break because i though my control can't take another hit against the wall