Brink, are you hyped for it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

I never really researched Brink and thought it was just another shooter. I watched a few vids, and I have to say, I'm pretty intrigued. Are you guys hyped for it? The concept looks pretty cool.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

Has potential. Waiting for reviews.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Will wait for reviews.

anishp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 anishp23
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I'll wait to get it but it looks good as long as you can do all the stuff it says then it'll be great.
kraven867

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kraven867
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Can't wait for it, game looks awesome. Loved TF2 on the pc, but I am not sure how the 360 community will be :? since it's team based.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

Well i payed for it quite a long time ago now and yes am hyped for it. It like how it takes some of the best elements from the top shooters and combines it into a unique package which most recent FPS game lacks. IMO its like a COD, BF, Halo, TF2 crossover or something. I really dig the artstyle and how they are handling the single player portion of the game. Theres also that crazy amount of customization which pretty much beats out every other game out right now. Strong emphasis on team work ect i could go on and on.

II know this is going to be a good game based on what ive seen alone i just hope it can gather a decent following so that people will be playing it a long time from now.

cthecoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 cthecoffee
Member since 2003 • 1432 Posts

im stoked for it, picking it up as soon as i get out of work on the first day its released

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Already have it paid off.
Kocelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Kocelot
Member since 2011 • 816 Posts

Pre-ordered on Steam. Looks veyr promising.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
Fo sho!
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

I'm getting it homie.

Jdon2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jdon2008
Member since 2008 • 465 Posts

Looks really good. Pre ordered it a couple weeks ago, and I really like team based games.

dean0null

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dean0null
Member since 2010 • 506 Posts

I preordered it and can't wait to sink my teeth into this sexy beast.

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

looks pretty good but im gonna rent it because money is tight and i just bought mortal kombat and portal 2. I also have to pick up L.A. Noire later this month.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

It honestly looks a lot like Section 8: Prejudice, obviously without the airdrops. The control points to capture, objectives set to each individual team.

Anyways, it seems like only engineer can accomplishment bascially every objective. Why be another class? You need medics obviously but why be a soldier or another class?....

dean0null

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dean0null

To be a support role to all the medics, obviously.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HilbillyRokstar

It honestly looks a lot like Section 8: Prejudice, obviously without the airdrops. The control points to capture, objectives set to each individual team.

Anyways, it seems like only engineer can accomplishment bascially every objective. Why be another class? You need medics obviously but why be a soldier or another class?....

firefox59
Sucktion 8 ...really? Wow are u underestimating this game!
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gen007

firefox59

Im pretty sure soldiers are the only ones that can demolish things so there's that and of course the fact they are gonna be on the front line of battles which makes them pretty important. An engineer is more of a support class and your really there to back up your team by building turrets and buffing ect, but i doubt they will be that great in general combat. Youve already admitted that medics are needed and an operative if played correctly will most like be able to change the tide of a battle. So id say they are all important in useful in their own way.

You should really wait until a game comes out before making statements like that. Until then its all speculation really.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

no not at all.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 firefox59

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

Anyways, it seems like only engineer can accomplishment bascially every objective. Why be another **** You need medics obviously but why be a soldier or another ****....

Gen007

Im pretty sure soldiers are the only ones that can demolish things so there's that and of course the fact they are gonna be on the front line of battles which makes them pretty important. An engineer is more of a support ****and your really there to back up your team by building turrets and buffing ect, but i doubt they will be that great in general combat. Youve already admitted that medics are needed and an operative if played correctly will most like be able to change the tide of a battle. So id say they are all important in useful in their own way.

You should really wait until a game comes out before making statements like that. Until then its all speculation really.

Which statement did you feel was too strong? I've watched the videos they have put out. For evey objective the nice british lady says "only engineers can perform this task". Your right the soliders can blow things up but thats the only ability they have demonstrated. I'm just saying that if you get to an objective and your not an engineer your basically useless until someone else gets there who hopefully is the right class.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gen007

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

Anyways, it seems like only engineer can accomplishment bascially every objective. Why be another **** You need medics obviously but why be a soldier or another ****....

firefox59

Im pretty sure soldiers are the only ones that can demolish things so there's that and of course the fact they are gonna be on the front line of battles which makes them pretty important. An engineer is more of a support ****and your really there to back up your team by building turrets and buffing ect, but i doubt they will be that great in general combat. Youve already admitted that medics are needed and an operative if played correctly will most like be able to change the tide of a battle. So id say they are all important in useful in their own way.

Which statement did you feel was too strong? I've watched the videos they have put out. For evey objective the nice british lady says "only engineers can perform this task". Your right the soliders can blow things up but thats the only ability they have demonstrated. I'm just saying that if you get to an objective and your not an engineer your basically useless until someone else gets there who hopefully is the right class.

I didnt feel anything you stated was particularly strong. I just think that your condemning a game that hasn't even come out yet. Some objectives require you to blow stuff up which means you would need to be a solider right? not an engineer. From the vids ive it seems that every class has objectives that they can do not just the engineer. Why would they make a game where the engineer is the only class that can get anything done?

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 firefox59

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

Gen007

Which statement did you feel was too strong? I've watched the videos they have put out. For evey objective the nice british lady says "only engineers can perform this task". Your right the soliders can blow things up but thats the only ability they have demonstrated. I'm just saying that if you get to an objective and your not an engineer your basically useless until someone else gets there who hopefully is the right ****

I didnt feel anything you stated was particularly strong. I just think that your condemning a game that hasn't even come out yet. Some objectives require you to blow stuff up which means you would need to be a solider right? not an engineer. From the vids ive it seems that every ****has objectives that they can do not just the engineer. Why would they make a game where the engineer is the only ****that can get anything done?

Heh, that's what I was wondering. Why would they.... You're right in that I am judging a game before it's come out but this thread is about whether or not your hyped for it. So I gave a basis for my response. I just thought it seemed odd how one cla.ss was given more "responsibility" than the others in a team based game. Of course it could be an intentional design feature to make it so that you had to play as the engineer, and would need an engineer for most objectives, with the devs thinking people would use the other classes anyways. You have to acknowledge that a large majority of the objectives require an engineer. I wouldn't say I'm criticizing the game per se, just pointing out that it's an interesting design decision for the game.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No i'm not looking forward to brink.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
it looks good but im hesitant to get it just becuz i still have MK and portal 2 to play
tomrocks666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tomrocks666
Member since 2005 • 3569 Posts

i kinda like the look of it but its between that and LA noire, if i can find a job soon then ill get both but i have to say im more excited for LA noire just because its so different.

piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
Looks ok, not really hyped about it
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

I was going to get Noire, until I saw it has like 25 missions and is going to be shorter in comparison to GTA4. I'll get it when it hits $20 in 6 months, also Noire looks like it has a great story, but it doesn't appear that fun to actually play

I'm getting Brink, it came out of no where for me. I need a new shooter, and I'm looking forward to it delivering on at least some of what it promises.

Getting Red Faction at the end of the month too.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#28 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I went ahead and ordered Brink although I'm not too sure about it, if it isn't that good I will just sell it to get FEAR 3 or OP Red River next month.

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
It looks cool, i might get it
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

Which statement did you feel was too strong? I've watched the videos they have put out. For evey objective the nice british lady says "only engineers can perform this task". Your right the soliders can blow things up but thats the only ability they have demonstrated. I'm just saying that if you get to an objective and your not an engineer your basically useless until someone else gets there who hopefully is the right ****

firefox59

I didnt feel anything you stated was particularly strong. I just think that your condemning a game that hasn't even come out yet. Some objectives require you to blow stuff up which means you would need to be a solider right? not an engineer. From the vids ive it seems that every ****has objectives that they can do not just the engineer. Why would they make a game where the engineer is the only ****that can get anything done?

Heh, that's what I was wondering. Why would they.... You're right in that I am judging a game before it's come out but this thread is about whether or not your hyped for it. So I gave a basis for my response. I just thought it seemed odd how one cla.ss was given more "responsibility" than the others in a team based game. Of course it could be an intentional design feature to make it so that you had to play as the engineer, and would need an engineer for most objectives, with the devs thinking people would use the other classes anyways. You have to acknowledge that a large majority of the objectives require an engineer. I wouldn't say I'm criticizing the game per se, just pointing out that it's an interesting design decision for the game.

It really doesn't matter what class u pick, because there are loadout stations at locations all over the place where u can change everything, including your class, weapon types, and mission choices. This game is gonna ROCK!
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 firefox59
[QUOTE="firefox59"]

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

HilbillyRokstar

It really doesn't matter what class u pick, because there are loadout stations at locations all over the place where u can change everything, including your class, weapon types, and mission choices. This game is gonna ROCK!

I didn't realize you could change your class at those stations. If that's true then that is really interesting and the first game that I've ever seen where you can do that. I thought those stations were just for changing weapons and/or refilling ammo and supplies.
tomrocks666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tomrocks666
Member since 2005 • 3569 Posts

nah its like star wars battlefront 2 where you could switch class at owned command posts. which is pretty cool.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#33 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

Looks cool, but I'am going to wait for reviews a game like this can be totally badass or a complete mess.

betamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 betamon
Member since 2006 • 306 Posts

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

firefox59

Yeah, but you can switch up your own class at any of the terminals that your team has control of. And I'm getting this game for sure. It's rated T and doesn't have a ton of cursing in it like most of the other shooters these days--well, except for the little kids over Xbox Live--they'll curse you down in a heart beat.
dean0null

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dean0null

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

betamon

Yeah, but you can switch up your own class at any of the terminals that your team has control of. And I'm getting this game for sure. It's rated T and doesn't have a ton of cursing in it like most of the other shooters these days--well, except for the little kids over Xbox Live--they'll curse you down in a heart beat.

Only if you want them to. It comes with voice over IP turned off as default. You have to change an option to hear them. That's one of the main perks of this game to me. The game will communicate what I can do, and what I'm doing to other players without the need to talk to the kiddies and big kids (adults).

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gen007

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

firefox59

By the way ive found this video that shows that each class has unique objectives that only they can complete. So your whole engineer theory is out the window. check it

ConnorRamsay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ConnorRamsay
Member since 2011 • 68 Posts

With the blend of free-running and FPS, i think it has great potential. But with the lack of coverage on the majority of the game, i think i'll wait for the reviews.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Nope, shooter with mirrors edge running and a team fortress type of gameplay. Not interested.
Paynee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Paynee
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts

I've looked at a couple of videos and it looks good.

My problem is I don't see a demo. That could be a deal-breaker for me.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#40 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

It's looks great, but it's not for me. Just another game that forces its online play into dopey co-op and team-based nonsense, but forgets to include a basic free-for-all mode.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 firefox59

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

Gen007

By the way ive found this video that shows that each class has unique objectives that only they can complete. So your whole engineer theory is out the window. check it

Yeah they just released that today smarty pants. Call it a theory if you want, I never did. The fact remains that the engineer has like 4-5 objectives while the other classes have 1 each. But being able to change classes on the fly eliminates the whole argument basically.