Black Ops going to be more balanced than MW2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SnipeyMcSnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 SnipeyMcSnipe
Member since 2006 • 2010 Posts

From what I've read about this game so far, to me it sounds like the multiplayer will be more balanced than MW2. I'm just talking about core gameplay ofcourse, we have yet to learn about all of the weapons and attachments.

So one of the things they will be changing is that kills collected from using killstreak rewards will not count towards your killstreak. So in order to get one of the higher killstreak awards, you'll have to get straight kills. In my eyes straight kills equals skill a lot more than a harrier or a chopper gunner does.

Secondly, they said that killstreaks will not reset after death, they will carry over. Now this could be either good or bad. Overall it will be good because it won't promote camping as much as MW2 did. Think about, you'll have to get more straight kills in order to get some badass killstreak rewards which will bring people out of the bushes, and also people won't be as afraid to die. This game should be a lot more aggressive.

Now the carry over killstreaks can be bad if they keep the goals of killstreaks too low. For instance, how many killstreaks rewards are available between 3-7 kills in MW2? Quite a few. So in order to keep the match being flustered with killstreaks the lowest one should be set at 5 or 7 in my opinion. So basically with these rewards for aggression and a smaller punishment for deaths I can imagine games in Black Ops to be pretty fast paced, but at the same time more strategic.

Now on to other aspects of the game. They have said there will be vehicles in the multiplayer. Personally, I think this will take a lot of the balance away from the game. Anyone remember CoD3 and WaW? Whichever team had control of the tanks had a pretty good advantage. We'll have to see how these vehicles are placed throughout the map, what they are, and their armor.

Lastly, just one smaller aspect is the maps. I think Treyarch actually makes pretty good maps, more specifically I enjoyed the ones in WaW more than MW2. I felt they were more balanced especially when it came to the strategic gametypes; for example the placing of domination and SnD points.

What do you guys think / expect?

JordanizPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JordanizPro
Member since 2009 • 1912 Posts

Its nice to see there taking out some ridiculous things from MW2 but all in all it depends on if they have a beta or not.If they have a beta the online should work great but if they dont i wont be surprised to see a Modern Warfare 2 affect on Black Ops.Simple as that.

x2926014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 x2926014
Member since 2006 • 1372 Posts

Im still not going to buy it... They failed 2 games straight and thats not a good thing for a serie of any kind. I'll see what comes out of there and then i will see, i think it wont be long until they start making 10th lobbys and aimbots and stuff so lets wait and see

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Im rather hyped for Black Ops. Im sure the multiplayer will be fine, so long as we do not have another weapon like the MP-40 from W@W

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
Umm, How the **** are we supposed to know? lol jking but we NEVER saw any multiplayer gameplay.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
surely this is a topic best reserved for when someone actually plays the MP? no one can give a definitive answer and you cant really trust devs, its not like they are going to say 'the game is completely unbalanced, a few overpowered things, everything else sucks'
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#8 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Since when has Call of Duty every been balanced? It's what happens when you lets players spawn with anything and your game has a butt load of weapons.
Jumpman10135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jumpman10135
Member since 2010 • 108 Posts

You can complain all you want but if your actully good at video games you would have no problem beasting.

xTpux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 xTpux
Member since 2010 • 308 Posts

Im still not going to buy it... They failed 2 games straight and thats not a good thing for a serie of any kind. I'll see what comes out of there and then i will see, i think it wont be long until they start making 10th lobbys and aimbots and stuff so lets wait and see

x2926014
I thought World at War was great.
phaxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 phaxddd
Member since 2010 • 34 Posts

[QUOTE="x2926014"]

xTpux

I thought World at War was great.

Same although I did like COD4 a bit better. But after playing MW2 then playing WaW after that, IMO WaW>MW2.

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

Killstreaks carrying over will be dumb.

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

A balanced shooter, that is laughable.

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

doubt it, it's treyarch. we'll end up with invisible mines and SMG's that can snipe across the map from a hip fire, the only thing im looking forward to on black ops is pistols and launchers being the only secondaries and maybe even the knife as a secondary weapon like they said they where thinking about would be nice, hate all the no talent a$$ clowns that knife run in MW2 and less killstreaks would be nice.

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

From what I've seen, they've been taking quite a bit of community feedback.. Which is a good thing. I don't really ask for much when it comes to the Call of Duty series.. All I stress for is simplicity. Call of Duty has always performed better when it was simple, a la CoD2. When they started adding things to it randomly, it didn't bode well for them..

I just hope its balanced.

-Goldensilver-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Goldensilver-
Member since 2009 • 42 Posts

I really hope they balance out the multiplayer in black ops, in fact, I think it's a necessity. In my humble opinion, the multiplayer in mw 2 was broken. So much in fact that I didn't want to spend 60 bucks to buy the game. I don't want to sound like a halo fanboy, but halo 3's multiplayer is very well balanced. I like the call of duty series, and I am actually looking forward somewhat to black ops. However, I won't buy it simply for it's single player campaign, which means multiplayer at least has to be much better balanced than MW2.

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

I'm not really into FPS games...

fig56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fig56
Member since 2005 • 2443 Posts

gta4_2112
I agree...how can you have a KILLSTREAK if you die? I just don't get how that will work...So you get a 3 killstreak- die and respawn- get a kill and that's your 4th kill? I don't freaking get it..can someone explain that to me please!?
gbpackers94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gbpackers94
Member since 2008 • 685 Posts
They're called kill streaks for a reason...
Metedea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Metedea
Member since 2009 • 311 Posts

I think that the idea of killstreaks not resetting when you die could be a great idea! They'd just need to raise the kills needed to get a killstreak ( UAV 5-7 kills and air strike 10-13 maybe) and every match wouldn't need to end like a clusterf_ck of air strikes,choppers, and AC 130's.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

I think that the idea of killstreaks not resetting when you die could be a great idea! They'd just need to raise the kills needed to get a killstreak ( UAV 5-7 kills and air strike 10-13 maybe) and every match wouldn't need to end like a ******* of air strikes,choppers, and AC 130's.

Metedea
whats the point of having a KILLSTREAK if you die? thats like saying i having a winstreak of 15; won 7, lost 3, won another 8
TOC48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 TOC48
Member since 2008 • 637 Posts

gta4_2112
I agree a very bad decision.......other than carrying over killstreaks, I hope they go back towards the multiplayer of Cod 4 or even WaW cuz MW2 was bad.
mucgoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mucgoo
Member since 2010 • 317 Posts

Are you sure you haven't misinterprated killstreaks carrying over. It sound the same as COD4's if you die with UAV etc available it's still usable in your next life.

Making it so death didn't interupt a killstreak would break the meaning of killstreak rewards.

If if it worked like how you believe ground wars 9v9 would be a bunch of people reaching 15kills over the entire game around the same time all trying to bring in there kill streaks at the same time.

SnipeyMcSnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 SnipeyMcSnipe
Member since 2006 • 2010 Posts

Are you sure you haven't misinterprated killstreaks carrying over. It sound the same as COD4's if you die with UAV etc available it's still usable in your next life.

Making it so death didn't interupt a killstreak would break the meaning of killstreak rewards.

If if it worked like how you believe ground wars 9v9 would be a bunch of people reaching 15kills over the entire game around the same time all trying to bring in there kill streaks at the same time.

mucgoo
I thought about that but why would they list killstreaks carrying over as a feature if it already does that. That's like saying this game will feature guns. Maybe that's what they meant but I guess I don't know. Secondly, you people are saying "killstreaks carrying over doesnt make any sense"...you realize a killstreak is just a word right? Maybe it will be called something else, like "Kill rewards" or something.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#25 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

They have said there will be vehicles in the multiplayer.

That has ruined their multiplayer in all the other CoD games.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

carry over killstreaks? god i hope they don't do that, that's retarded. it's not a ****ing killSTREAK if it carries over

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

You know Cod Fanboys talk about halo Milking their games but look at Cod every year a new one comes out and its funny its the same game u played last year with new skins and same gameplay style Cod 4 and WaW the exact same thing just one was set in WW2 no Activison must laugh cause they just are sitting on a pile of money. and especially when you guys pay 15 bucks for 3 maps and 2 you already played on an old game wow its funny ill never buy COD again . RIP OFF WASTE OF MONEY BUT YOU SUCKERS WILL EAT IT UP EVERYTIME KUDOS.

hXcShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hXcShock
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

They need to make killstreaks higher, drop the noob tube and return to the idea of everyone having the same set 3 killstreaks, MW2 was just stupid. I HAVE to play that game with cold blooded on at all times other wise you get killed by cheap killstreaks, seriously if I dropped every death I've ever had that was from a harrier or chopper gunner off my KDR, it would be like 4.0. COD4 was gold, WAW was gold, MW2 is garbage.