Black ops 2 maps

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by awax187187 (242 posts) -
Worst maps ever well done treyarch for ruining a game that used to be good.
#2 Posted by brimmul777 (1514 posts) -

Worst maps ever well done treyarch for ruining a game that used to be good.awax187187

I don't agree.I find the maps better then MW3 by a mile.In my opinion.

#3 Posted by awax187187 (242 posts) -

[QUOTE="awax187187"]Worst maps ever well done treyarch for ruining a game that used to be good.brimmul777

I don't agree.I find the maps better then MW3 by a mile.In my opinion.

The maps are way too complicated too many rooms too many windows for poeple like me that play the game properly that run around and shot, constantly getting shot from behind or some guy in a room from a window, the menu too complicated when picking guns and perks wheres all the hardcore modes gone. Modern Warfare 1 that was the best maps not soo many rooms to choose from and if there was a camper or sniper you could kill him. its like in black ops 2 you have to check muiltiple windows for enemies instead of being able to just run around and shot poeple when you come across them not having to check every 50 corners or windows in a map and the grenades i could throw grenades further then black ops 2 by far worse call of duty ever. Activision are just milking the call of duty product, infinity should only be making them and have the game come out every 2 years not once a year. Dont change something thats already good.

#4 Posted by driftingsilvia (4089 posts) -

So basically, because you suck at the game. It means it's bad, right? Ok, got it.

#5 Posted by ch2423 (1949 posts) -
From what I've played so far, they aren't bad. For me, Black Ops 1 had the best maps. Seemed like every sniping window had a counter where multiple paths would come out and a sniper could be taken out. In BO2 is seems like the opposite. There are multiple sniping windows for a single pathway. I'm sure I'll get used to these new maps in time.
#6 Posted by SG-Tank (24 posts) -
I feel that they did a little better job with the maps. Not a great improvement, but it is still really good :)
#7 Posted by callsignneptune (256 posts) -

So basically, because you suck at the game. It means it's bad, right? Ok, got it.

driftingsilvia
This. I think the maps are some of the best in the series and I never have any problems hunting down campers and killing them. In my opinion, Infinity Ward made Call of Duty, Treyarch improved it.
#8 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

These maps are much better than MW3's. Better design overall, they actually use the color palette - unlike IW which apparently only knows how to make a game that's gray, gray, and has some more gray. The maps are great from what I've played.

#9 Posted by awax187187 (242 posts) -

driftingsilvia
Its actually the opposite this requires no skill to play, MW1 required skill running around seeing someone and basically who ever is the fastest on the trigger and the faster to aim wins this game you dont need skill because all you need to do is camp in a room and just wait for some one walk past or just sit in a corner hence the reason why you like it because it takes no skill just sitting there and waiting. So basically you suck at the game hence the reason why you like it righ?t ok got it.
#10 Posted by awax187187 (242 posts) -

These maps are much better than MW3's. Better design overall, they actually use the color palette - unlike IW which apparently only knows how to make a game that's gray, gray, and has some more gray. The maps are great from what I've played.

Vari3ty
Im not just talking about MW3, MW1 had the best maps, im comparing these maps with all the COD games and the colour of the maps doesnt bother its just the lay out of them.
#11 Posted by callsignneptune (256 posts) -
[QUOTE="driftingsilvia"]

awax187187
Its actually the opposite this requires no skill to play, MW1 required skill running around seeing someone and basically who ever is the fastest on the trigger and the faster to aim wins this game you dont need skill because all you need to do is camp in a room and just wait for some one walk past or just sit in a corner hence the reason why you like it because it takes no skill just sitting there and waiting. So basically you suck at the game hence the reason why you like it righ?t ok got it.

Not everyone camps and it's universally recognised that campers can only get kills by doing so and suck in every other way. Look up some of the million of commentaries on youtube and you'll find plenty of people who have a bunch of skill playing CoD. Just because you've had bad experiences with the game and can't seem to do well, don't completely write off the game...just go play something else.
#12 Posted by GamerZem (526 posts) -

I don't even see how maps can get worse than MW3.

#13 Posted by driftingsilvia (4089 posts) -
[QUOTE="driftingsilvia"]

awax187187

Contrary to your belief system, run & gun does not equal skill.
#14 Posted by insane_metalist (6872 posts) -

GamerZem

I agree. MW3 ruined the series for me, really. I've always loved CoD games and always got em at midnight release. After playing MW3 multiplayer for few days I quit, didn't pre-order BOII, have no interest in buying it, didn't play CoD ever since.

#15 Posted by Disturbing_Dawg (11 posts) -
they are huge
#16 Posted by skooks (1411 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerZem"]

insane_metalist

I agree. MW3 ruined the series for me, really. I've always loved CoD games and always got em at midnight release. After playing MW3 multiplayer for few days I quit, didn't pre-order BOII, have no interest in buying it, didn't play CoD ever since.

You should give Black Ops 2 a go. I was the exact same with MW3 but BO2 is so much better.
#17 Posted by mrgab (23312 posts) -
BO2 maps > MW3 maps (with the exception of Hijacked on CTF mode - spawn camping craziness)
#18 Posted by Patrickbrown56 (891 posts) -

I commented about this on another thread so if you read that and have to see my argument again, I'm sorry.

BUT I dislike the BO2 maps because of the spawns in the maps. It's ridiculous that on every single map you can spawn right next to an enemy, or have one spawn next to you. It just encourages spawn camping and makes game modes like CTF and Domination beyond frustrating.

Talking about the maps themselves, I don't like the majority of them. Just something about the way they feel. Maps like Aftermath, Hijacked, Meltdown and Drone are just overly simplistic. It winds up being a firefight in the middle of the map. That being said I think Yemen, Turbine, and Raid are solid maps. I just like having multiple routes I can take, and different ways to approach the situation. I just feel that the first maps I listed don't have that at all.

I have a problem with all of the maps because of spawn issues. And I dislike a handful of them because of bad design.

#19 Posted by insane_metalist (6872 posts) -

[QUOTE="insane_metalist"]

[QUOTE="GamerZem"]

skooks

You should give Black Ops 2 a go. I was the exact same with MW3 but BO2 is so much better.

I suppose, I can give it a try. I'll probably borrow it from somebody first.

#20 Posted by KaotiK_un_basic (2100 posts) -
lovin em so far. always said IW for campaign, treyarch for MP map quality. just always enjoyed TA's maps more. was really disappointed with MW3, and loving this (for hose on the fence who felt the same towards the last game) ..granted it is still new. i'm sure the community will do it's best to make it as annoying as possible soon enough ;) :(
#21 Posted by iamhags (16 posts) -

The maps are quite good. Treyarch makes better maps.

The problem is the lag and other connection related issues. Hell, I can even deal with the hit detection issues, even though these appear more pronounced than in previous CoD games.

#22 Posted by Papadrach (1965 posts) -

Treyarch likes to make a cluster***k of maps. Too much clutter and annoying crap thats in the way.

#23 Posted by RoslindaleOne (7566 posts) -
I only played a couple of games today but so far, so good. I'll update later. :)