Bioshock Infinite or Tomb Raider?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts
I will only get one. Which do you think I should get? I have never owned any of the Bioshock games, but I played abit of the 1st, I enjoyed the whole creepy being underwater building thing. Bioshock Infinite though I normally had no interest...but honestly the bright and vibrant colors catch my attention lol. Now Tomb Raider looks good to...So which one do you think is better? Yes I know Bioshock Infinite isnt out till Tuesday.
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Honestly, get the Batman games (Rocksteady Studios). If not Batman then get Bioshock Infinite, its highly provocative and from what I've seen, it features no cutscenes.
Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

Bioshock deffinatly......

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
I haven't played either, but I am picking up Infinite. They are very different games, so it is hard to choose lol. Do you have a PS3? If so you get the original Bioshock as well when you buy infinite so that could help your decision. Otherwise go with the one that appeals to your interests more.
Boogernuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Boogernuts
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts

All I can say is this, having played Bioshock 1 & 2 they are great games, amazing undersea adventures, creepy atmosphere, but it seemed a little redundant after awhile, but the constant changing plasmids and what not made it interesting and fun. Then of course the choices, do you spare the little girls for their benefit or harvest them for your own benefit.

BUT... I have been playing Tomb Raider now for 2 days and am blown away by it. The controls are perfect, the environments are huge and beautiful, and there is just something about it's gameplay that I enjoy more than Bioshock.

You really can't go wrong with either, but for the cost of tomb raider you could get both bioshocks, NEW! Personally I saw Tomb Raider, but you will not be disappointed with either, trust me.

CursedChamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CursedChamp
Member since 2013 • 485 Posts
Bioshock Infinite
darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts
go with bioshock infinite...its one of a kind
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Master_Of_Fools

Honestly, get the Batman games (Rocksteady Studios). If not Batman then get Bioshock Infinite, its highly provocative and from what I've seen, it features no cutscenes.Lulekani

I have both Batman Arkham games. They are amazing. Not sure if I will get the 3rd this year...not made by Rocksteady...

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Master_Of_Fools

I haven't played either, but I am picking up Infinite. They are very different games, so it is hard to choose lol. Do you have a PS3? If so you get the original Bioshock as well when you buy infinite so that could help your decision. Otherwise go with the one that appeals to your interests more.nightshade869

PS3 Ewwwww. Screw Sony I never support them. I'm rocking my PC, 360, and Wii U.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Master_Of_Fools

I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite when I picked up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulekani

I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite when I picked up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Master_Of_Fools
WO0O0O0OHO0O0O0O0O0O0O0O0 ! Congradulations ! And the Review of Bioshock Infinite will be posted on IGN tonight. Just in case. . . . .
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#13 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
From previous experience with Bioshock games I'd rather get Tomb Raider.
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lulekani
From previous experience with Bioshock games I'd rather get Tomb Raider.shadowchronicle
and from your previous experience with Tomb Raider games ?
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

tomb raider

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts

[QUOTE="nightshade869"]I haven't played either, but I am picking up Infinite. They are very different games, so it is hard to choose lol. Do you have a PS3? If so you get the original Bioshock as well when you buy infinite so that could help your decision. Otherwise go with the one that appeals to your interests more.Master_Of_Fools

Well that's nice, this isn't system wars so maybe try to avoid rampant fanboyism when someone tries to offer you advice for a question you asked.
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#17 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]From previous experience with Bioshock games I'd rather get Tomb Raider.Lulekani

It is something new and refreshing. I wasn't a fan of the previous Bioshock. Maybe Infinite is good but if I had the choice I'd choose Tomb Raider.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#18 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Bioshock of course.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#19 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i haven't played of the games of either series, but Tomb Raider looks so awesome that i am going to get that one
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lulekani
[QUOTE="Lulekani"][QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]From previous experience with Bioshock games I'd rather get Tomb Raider.shadowchronicle

It is something new and refreshing. I wasn't a fan of the previous Bioshock. Maybe Infinite is good but if I had the choice I'd choose Tomb Raider.

I think before playing either of those games, you should try Batman 1st. If only it wasnt so dark and depressing.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#21 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Tomb Raider is awesome, Bioshock isn't out yet so no idea if it'll be good.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#22 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I'm going for Bioshock.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
very hard choice i love tomb raider but i say bioshock infinite
Avatar image for theeverydaygame
theeverydaygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 theeverydaygame
Member since 2013 • 62 Posts
[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

[QUOTE="nightshade869"]I haven't played either, but I am picking up Infinite. They are very different games, so it is hard to choose lol. Do you have a PS3? If so you get the original Bioshock as well when you buy infinite so that could help your decision. Otherwise go with the one that appeals to your interests more.nightshade869

Well that's nice, this isn't system wars so maybe try to avoid rampant fanboyism when someone tries to offer you advice for a question you asked.

Lolz we are in a xbox 360 forum and you're defending PS3...as for the question at hand, I beat tomb raider fairly fast but it was a great game in my eyes and I'm looking forward to Bioshock also so really you can't go wrong either way!
Avatar image for SamThePurpleton
SamThePurpleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SamThePurpleton
Member since 2012 • 57 Posts

Bioshock Infinite, it's a hundred times better, the whole genre is

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lulekani

Bioshock Infinite, it's a hundred times better, the whole genre is

SamThePurpleton
Nope, anything with RPG in it sucks ! And yet I pre-orderd the game anyway. Ultimate Masochist !
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts
Just got tomb raider and love it. I would wait for all reviews for Biosock Infinite, think console version might be gimped according to IGN review. IGN sugar coats a lot of reviews so I would wait for GameSpot review, then make your decision.
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

bioshock without a doubt, even though tomb raider is awesome.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I'm going with Bioshock Infinite myself, probably will end up getting Tomb Raider eventually but at a later date. 

XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#33 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

Why do you have to settle for one or the other?  Buy one first and the second later.  If money is an issue then wait until later or the end of the year (this of course depends on your patience quotient LOL) and you'll get the 2nd one at a reduce price, be it used or new.

Anyway, I'm of fan of Bioshock and played the 2013 released Tomb Raider.  So, I know you probably won't be disappointed with Bioshock but I've actually played Tomb Raider and its a fantastic game.  I would suggest buying that one first and then Bioshock afterwards.  If you're still playing Tomb Raider by the time Bioshock comes out, a few weeks of not playing the game while you finish Tomb Raider won't kill ya.  LOL

Naterrrliee314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Naterrrliee314
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I have played and completed Tomb Raider, and I am currently playing Bioshock Infinite. I would recommend both to anyone, but here's my points for both: Tomb Raider : 10 hours roughly of game play Graphicly stunning Emotional rollercoaster Short game Ammo is a pain in the ass Have to go back over the island to collect things like tombs, relics, documents and challenges. Bioshock Infinite : Stunning game Historical parts to it Longer game (been playing it for about 10 hours now, still nowhere near the end!) Cool powers (the vigors) I don't know what else I can put for each of these, but I think I might recommend Bioshock Infinite to you. However, I do suggest you have a go at Tomb Raider in the future. If you have something like a Blockbusters or something where you can rent it from, it's only about 10 hours of gameplay. 15 MAX. If you wanna, I'm gonna be reviewing Bioshock Infinite with a load of information about the game on my blog site, feel free to check it out www.thesimplygamingblog.weebly.com No that isn't me trying to show off my blog, I just figured I would pop it in so you could check out the Bioshock post! :) Happy Gaming!! Nat x
Lionhart_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 Lionhart_basic
Member since 2002 • 417 Posts

I highly recommend Tomb Raider. BioShock Infinite sounds like a killer game. I haven't played it yet but will definitely purchase it. If cost is the issue just buy one for now and the other later.

ReadingStiener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ReadingStiener
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Both!
Inferi-Fang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Inferi-Fang
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts

Bioshock definitely......

Flamingpostman

This

Avatar image for theeverydaygame
theeverydaygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 theeverydaygame
Member since 2013 • 62 Posts
[QUOTE="Naterrrliee314"]I have played and completed Tomb Raider, and I am currently playing Bioshock Infinite. I would recommend both to anyone, but here's my points for both: Tomb Raider : 10 hours roughly of game play Graphicly stunning Emotional rollercoaster Short game Ammo is a pain in the ass Have to go back over the island to collect things like tombs, relics, documents and challenges. Bioshock Infinite : Stunning game Historical parts to it Longer game (been playing it for about 10 hours now, still nowhere near the end!) Cool powers (the vigors) I don't know what else I can put for each of these, but I think I might recommend Bioshock Infinite to you. However, I do suggest you have a go at Tomb Raider in the future. If you have something like a Blockbusters or something where you can rent it from, it's only about 10 hours of gameplay. 15 MAX. If you wanna, I'm gonna be reviewing Bioshock Infinite with a load of information about the game on my blog site, feel free to check it out www.thesimplygamingblog.weebly.com No that isn't me trying to show off my blog, I just figured I would pop it in so you could check out the Bioshock post! :) Happy Gaming!! Nat x

I don't know how you've been playing bioshock for more than 10 hours, I beat it in about 8 on normal difficulty and I missed only a few things. They are about the same length single player wise.
3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#39 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

Tomb Raider is great for a weekend rental but definitely Buy Infinite

Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts
Tomb Raider is great, but Im not sure I'd want to pay $60 for it (My friend let me borrow his copy for a couple days). Now I bought Infinite earlier and, while I havent played it yet (I want to replay the first 2 before), I wasnt even hesitant on dropping $60 on it. Reviews says its amazing, and the first 2 are 2 of the best games this generation. I have no doubt that Infinite will be worth every penny spent.