bioshock 2 storyline

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChrisGamer5757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 ChrisGamer5757
Member since 2003 • 476 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]Game Informer did a big article on it 2 months ago. It will take place 10 years after the first game, and you will be playing as the original Big Daddy.UT_Wrestler
who was apparently hiding the entire time you were in rapture in bioshock 1

If I remember correctly from the article, the story is that the original Big Daddy had already left rapture by the time the events take place in the first game, and as the second game starts he is just returning to the city.

Ok this was obviously was an old thread that got dug up but i'll just set it right for both of you since nobody's got it right.

Yes, it's 10 years later. Rapture has been left wither away even further. A little sister returns (at this point they say she is 18 ) to recapture and get Rapture going again, she becomes big sister.

Now as little sister does all that. Unrelated, the first created prototype Big Daddy is awakened by Dr.Tenenbaum. He was there all through the first game, hibernating in another part of Rapture. Remember, Rapture is a massive city and you weren't even close to seeing half of it in the first game. That's the basic plot up to this point.

Also the third game in the trilogy will pretty assuredly not be a prequel. They are encompassing the multiplayer in the new game to work around the premise of a prequel. Again, Completely separate setting from the single player story.

Clear cut now?

ThatsSimtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 ThatsSimtastic
Member since 2009 • 2054 Posts
[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]Game Informer did a big article on it 2 months ago. It will take place 10 years after the first game, and you will be playing as the original Big Daddy.chaoscougar1
who was apparently hiding the entire time you were in rapture in bioshock 1

Lol, you can't tell me that you really think we explored all of rapture in Bioshock 1 can you? What 5 different levels? I'm sure there will be plenty more big daddys still roaming along with little sisters in bioshock 2.
Apathemusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Apathemusic
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Just like System shock and system shock two, i think Bioshock will follow the element that made the first one: that strange parasitic stuff at the ocean's bottom.

with system shock, we had Shodan, the AI.

Shodan, in the second one, made the many -- her children.

I think bioshock 2 is going to get Lovecraftian, pull a cthulhu.

In otherwords, as the subtitle suggests, i think that stuff at the bottom of the ocean (the thing that infected the little sisters), is calling to the mainlanders through dreams. especially little children. and who knows what people will do when they answer the call.

I have no ideawhat will really happen. Maybe a deepsea mining facility, or a rescue operation like in the movie The Abyss, or maybe it'll be a coastal town (not exactly liek silent hill, but that general idea of being near water. All i know is, that force at the ocean's bottom is the only thing that the story line can pull in from the first one.

adamdust
That would be a very amusing plot direction for the series and a way to give it a darker, uglier tone. Like going from Twisted Metal 4 to Twisted Metal Black. Congrats. Thats Clever. Imo, especially in Bioshock's case or any game for that matter, all you need is pretty graphics and good voice acting and you have a big seller. Why doesnt every company gets that? Some original weapons would be nice. Something made more from ADAM or what have you. Also, like with Adamdust's idea, you can make it a prequel or a sequel. Can't wait for Bioshock 6: Little Granny