Best WW2 Shooter

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by simo98088 (924 posts) -

Been a while since ive played a WW2 shooter..

Which are the best available?

Have not played..

COD 2 or 3

Brothers in Arms.. any of them.

COD world at war.

Which is the best outta them?

#2 Posted by jackelzx (820 posts) -

only played world at war and thats a good war game ;)

#3 Posted by wado-karate (3831 posts) -

Call of Duty 2 is great. So is Brothers in Arm; Hells Highway. But if you're interested in the best I suggest you either download the arcade version of the original Call of Duty or get it for your computer. If you get it on your computer you can also get its expansion, United Offensive, which is also amazing.

#4 Posted by chaoscougar1 (37159 posts) -
there are quite a few and most arent from this generation (except maybe CoD 2), my favourite all time WW2 shooter was the first Medal of Honor, so much fun. In terms of just 360, you cant really go wrong with CoD, always smooth gameplay and fun/fast action. Brothers in Arms is alright, but not amazing. and if you are looking for something new i would seriously recommend company of heroes on the PC which is an RTS
#5 Posted by zarkon9 (767 posts) -

there are quite a few and most arent from this generation (except maybe CoD 2), my favourite all time WW2 shooter was the first Medal of Honor, so much fun. In terms of just 360, you cant really go wrong with CoD, always smooth gameplay and fun/fast action. Brothers in Arms is alright, but not amazing. and if you are looking for something new i would seriously recommend company of heroes on the PC which is an RTSchaoscougar1

i remember the medal of honor games. i stopped playing the games at medal of honor: rising sun on the ps2. that game did not get many good reviews.

#6 Posted by XenoLair (4755 posts) -

World at war was an awsome game. Only thing I hate about it is that you can't play as a soldier in the Imperial Japanese Army. Cod 2 was also nice, but as a game cod:waw has the best mp maps.

#7 Posted by zeroking420_666 (1009 posts) -

COD world at war

Cod 2

#8 Posted by def_mode (4080 posts) -

DoD: Source is the best WW2 shooter for me.

#9 Posted by vp22 (1443 posts) -
cod 2 and cod:waw
#10 Posted by srdjan311 (1247 posts) -

world at war hands down.

#11 Posted by sharkbiscuit79 (1142 posts) -

COD 2 has a very good campaign well worth a play especially the Russian level in the snow.

#12 Posted by DranzarTypeF (2623 posts) -

Battlefiled 1943 and COD 2 are THE best.

#13 Posted by vashkey (33770 posts) -
World at War is the only one I've played on the 360. Honestly I haven't played many World War 2 game, period. My favorite ever is probably either Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2 or Call of Duty: United Offensive, all of which I played on the PC.
#14 Posted by MastaP110 (230 posts) -

Day of Defeat or Day of Defeat: Source. They are the best for multiplayer but they are only on the PC. You can get them through steam.

As far as xbox 360 I would say World at War.

#15 Posted by Warful (238 posts) -

CoD and CoD2, amazing games gameplay-wise

if you're more hyped for graphics aswell, CoD5 is not a bad one either as many has suggested.

The old MoH games are also enjoyable though ;)..

my best bet though, is CoD and CoD2. Epic Classics

#16 Posted by Phoenix534 (17774 posts) -

The Brothers in Arms series, followed by Call of Duty: United Offensive.

#17 Posted by Shawcross (1265 posts) -
For me it would be the first and second Medal of Honor games on the Gamecube. For strictly 360 it would be COD 2 or Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway.
#18 Posted by Duqi (25 posts) -
CoD2 (PC) is probably my favorite. I'm also a die-hard BF fan so I can't leave out BF 1942 and 1943.
#19 Posted by In-Flamez (426 posts) -

BF1943/1942>>>>>>>Call of duty

#20 Posted by Duqi (25 posts) -
My my Battlefield team (Dc5) finished #1 overall on 1943 (record of 36-0), I love that game