Before i buy the xbox 360 question.....?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SKBSY8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SKBSY8
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts
hello all the gamers ! i just have few questions before i made up my mind to purchase the xbox 360 ! okay here are the questions: what is the xbox 360's HDD really do i mean what can you do with it beside store you music and something else! can you save the whole game into the HDD and just load it from there when you want to play the game. i should say that is what i really want to ask! because i dont know which one i should buy the CORE concole or the 20GB even the 120GB one ! please help me ! basically just want to know if i can save the whole into the HDD or not, if is not i will just buy the CORE console one ! so please help me !
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

NOT the core - either the Premium or Elite are great. You DO want the hard drive. It won't let you save a complete install of a game like a PC as you ask - but it allows you to do game saves. Also - you need it download content from XboxLive (which you will want to do even if you don't think you will right now). Things like game updates and add ons/map packs - require you to have a hard drive. Plus in order to get backward compatibility with any of the original Xbox games (though there are really only a few good ones on the list) require the hard drive.

There are allot of reasons. You definitely want the hard drive. I would say if you have the money and can find one in stock - then get the Elite especially if your TV has HDMI. Otherwise get the Premium. Either way - you want a hard drive.

:)

Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

Of course you can't save entire games onto the HDD, no one would ever buy games then, they would just rent them & put them on the HDD. That should have been totally obvious without even asking.

But beyond that, the HDD is for DL'ing demos, you can rip your music onto it & listen to it when you play games, you can DL Live Arcade games to your HDD, full-length movies, etc, DL extra game content & of course save your games.

Just DON'T get the Core, it's a total ripoff!

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Since its your first 360, I recommend you get the Elite. But the Premium will do too. Got a nice hdtv with hdmi ports?

race_suace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 race_suace
Member since 2006 • 1685 Posts

NOT the core - either the Premium or Elite are great. You DO want the hard drive. It won't let you save a complete install of a game like a PC as you ask - but it allows you to do game saves. Also - you need it download content from XboxLive (which you will want to do even if you don't think you will right now). Things like game updates and add ons/map packs - require you to have a hard drive. Plus in order to get backward compatibility with any of the original Xbox games (though there are really only a few good ones on the list) require the hard drive.

There are allot of reasons. You definitely want the hard drive. I would say if you have the money and can find one in stock - then get the Elite especially if your TV has HDMI. Otherwise get the Premium. Either way - you want a hard drive.

:)

DataDream
BrokenStr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BrokenStr8
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts
The 360 CORE is USELESS....Its fine if you dont want XBOX Live ,backwards comp,OR have no need to save your games at all.You'd need to shell out like $50 more anyway for a memory cardif you wanna save your games on the Core.I dont know why its still on the market.If you cant come up with the extra hundy then I suggest you wait alittle longer when you can.
SKBSY8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SKBSY8
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts
okay thanks everyone ! i think i will get the HDD one ! oh by the way i hard like if you want to go online you have pay like 5 dollars a momth after the frist 30 day, but does that mean when you download a demo you have to pay extra just like cell phone's ring tone...? or for free if you want to download anything as long as you have the online service....?
smr078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 smr078
Member since 2007 • 155 Posts

demos are free but you have to pay for sum stuff.

not everything in life is free.

BrokenStr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BrokenStr8
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts
okay thanks everyone ! i think i will get the HDD one ! oh by the way i hard like if you want to go online you have pay like 5 dollars a momth after the frist 30 day, but does that mean when you download a demo you have to pay extra just like cell phone's ring tone...? or for free if you want to download anything as long as you have the online service....?SKBSY8
a year of XBOX Live retails for $50..so thats less than $5 a month. XBL arcade games most all go for $5 or $10....yes demos free
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
get an elite man, might as well go all the way. you will need a harddrive trust me. if you live in USA apparently you can even download tv shows and movies. you'll be downloading game demos, arcade games, videos, updates for games, patches, new maps/game modes and other content.
I highly recommend you get either the premium or the elite, and also be sure to check out xbox live. You'll get 1 month free at first, but later you'll have to either use a credit card and pay for it (only $50 a year) or buy xbl cards (itll give you however many days or months when you type in the code) in your local game store.
MIB911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MIB911
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts

I say PREMIUM unless ur a graphix freak or ur hdtv is sooo good it makes regular high defintion feeds look bad (elite is the way to go)...

at first ur not gonna want to dload lots of stuff so the extra 100 GBites is not worth the money at that point. Don't go down too low and get a Core because like everyone said basically if u wonna enjoy the 360 its useless. Elites have yet to fix the 3 red lights issue so i dont recommend it either.

TP_Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 TP_Juggernaut
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts

hello all the gamers ! i just have few questions before i made up my mind to purchase the xbox 360 ! okay here are the questions: what is the xbox 360's HDD really do i mean what can you do with it beside store you music and something else! can you save the whole game into the HDD and just load it from there when you want to play the game. i should say that is what i really want to ask! because i dont know which one i should buy the CORE concole or the 20GB even the 120GB one ! please help me ! basically just want to know if i can save the whole into the HDD or not, if is not i will just buy the CORE console one ! so please help me !SKBSY8

I'll go point-by-point:

1) You cannot save entire "games" as you would when installing them on a PC. You need to have a game disc to run things such as Halo 2 or PGR3. The exception to this is XBLA (XBOX Live Arcade) games, which you do save to your HDD. Other things you use your HDD for are obvious: saving your progress in games, saving your achievements, playing on XBOX Live, downloading trailers or game updates, et cetera.

2) I'm still trying to figure out what planet Microsoft was on when they released the Core console. Unless you just happen to have an XBOX 360 HDD lying around, the Core console is next-to-useless. While the XBOX 360 Elite's 120GB HDD is tempting, if you're just a casual gamer, I'd strongly suggest the Premium XBOX 360 (the white box, not the green one). Now, if you want to use HDMI, then go for the Elite. However, I use component cables on my HD television and it looks just fine (and I have 20/13 vision).

Basically, it's worth it to you to just buy the XBOX 360 Premium or Elite, depending on how much of a gamer you are.

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
silly rabbit, Core is for losers :P
SKBSY8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points