Battlefield 4 - forced to restart campaign TWICE!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Comic_Capers
Member since 2008 • 1701 Posts

I am getting really pissed off with this game. The first time it happened I was only on the third mission so I wasn't too annoyed but it happened again yesterday when I was on mission 5 and I have to start again for the second time. I'm trying to complete in on hard as well so it's not like it's going to be easy to go back to that point again either. So frustrating!!!

Seriously, why has this happened again? I never switch the console off or remove the disc while the game is still running and I always exit from the menu so if the save file is getting corrupted how can this be? Thankfully it shouldn't happen again as this time I will copy my save file onto my flash drive after each mission so at least I will have a back-up, but this should not be happening in the first place.

Has anybody else suffered this same frustration as me with this game?

daviddiorio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By daviddiorio
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts

Hmm I know they were having this problem months ago and it happened to me a few times as well but that was when the game was originally released. I thought they had fixed the issue. Have you tried uninstalling the game then installing it again? And are you connected to the internet so you get the latest updates? If you are connected to the internet and have the latest updates try to play the campaign through without going in and playing multiplayer. If none of these help I not sure what else to tell ya it's sucks that they still haven't fixed this crap yet.

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Mercuria1_King
Member since 2014 • 278 Posts

I was thinking about getting BF4 soon but this glitch might make me second guess it.

Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Comic_Capers

I chatted with an EA supervisor a few days ago and he said it's an ongoing issue which they're still trying to work out a fix for. He says my save file was corrupted and there was nothing he could do to recover it, but he did give me two free Silver Battlepacks as compensation so that went some way to relieving my anger. I will keep saving my progress to my memory stick and stop playing multiplayer until I complete the campaign and see if that stops it from happening for a third time. Ridiculous that they still haven't found a fix after 9 months >:(

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@Comic_Capers said:

I chatted with an EA supervisor a few days ago and he said it's an ongoing issue which they're still trying to work out a fix for. He says my save file was corrupted and there was nothing he could do to recover it, but he did give me two free Silver Battlepacks as compensation so that went some way to relieving my anger. I will keep saving my progress to my memory stick and stop playing multiplayer until I complete the campaign and see if that stops if from happening for a third time. Ridiculous that they still haven't found a fix after 9 months >:(

Cool that you were compensated, but he's probably lying to you about fixing the problem. EA is notorious for giving up on games shortly after release..

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mercuria1_King

@Comic_Capers said:

I chatted with an EA supervisor a few days ago and he said it's an ongoing issue which they're still trying to work out a fix for. He says my save file was corrupted and there was nothing he could do to recover it, but he did give me two free Silver Battlepacks as compensation so that went some way to relieving my anger. I will keep saving my progress to my memory stick and stop playing multiplayer until I complete the campaign and see if that stops if from happening for a third time. Ridiculous that they still haven't found a fix after 9 months >:(

That's good that they atleast gave you something for your frustrations.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Happened to me a handful of times as well. I ended up just starting it and playing it through in one sitting.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Comic_Capers: Sorry to hear that. BF4 was a multiplatform game so I didn't buy it on Xbone (Better on a few other platforms), but man I would be annoyed to still be dealing with those issues all these months later if I had.

Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Comic_Capers

Well it's comforting to know others have experienced this as well. Fingers crossed the measures I'll take will prevent this happening again. So far so good!

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mercuria1_King

@Comic_Capers said:

Well it's comforting to know others have experienced this as well. Fingers crossed the measures I'll take will prevent this happening again. So far so good!

That's good to hear that it has not happened again.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

It happened to me on my PS4 copy well over 4 times. I just gave up on completing the campaign.

Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Comic_Capers

@Kaze_no_Mirai: Hmm so the problem is not just isolated to Xbox 360 then? Unbelievable!

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

i have played the first 2 levels about 12 times now. i gave up.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#14 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

That blows dude........I couldn't finish that drek once

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

@Comic_Capers: What's sad about it is that the campaign is actually pretty good. To bad most wont be able to enjoy it because of this stupid bug that is still happening I think.

Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Comic_Capers

Now my gold subscription has expired, I won't be tempted to start multiplayer again. Hopefully if I keep on backing up my saves to my memory stick and avoiding the multiplayer I should be able to complete it.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Your first mistake was buying Brokenfield 4. Your second mistake was giving it another chance.

Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Comic_Capers

@BattleSpectre said:

Your first mistake was buying Brokenfield 4. Your second mistake was giving it another chance.

Yeah hindsight's a wonderful thing but I genuinely did not know about this bug when I bought the game. I've had no problems with the multiplayer at least.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I hope these kinds of EA glitches aren't a sign of things to come. Especially from EA, they really are going downhill.

Jumbo120788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jumbo120788
Member since 2004 • 14956 Posts

@Comic_Capers: It happened to me four times, I refuse to play the campaign now, actually I haven't even played the damn game since the month it came out. I would trade it but its digital.

XboXeR-360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XboXeR-360
Member since 2014 • 53 Posts

it's a nice game.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I own the game but i cant bring myself to play it.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4362 Posts

well they never fix the save issue. how do i know is. they tell the device to make 1 version normal name and then the second game save. as back up saved game file

Mitchell01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mitchell01
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

All I did was restart the certain mission and it worked see if this helps

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@mitchell01: This thread is over 11 months old, please don't bump old threads as it's against Gamespots rules.