Battlefeild: Bad Company....wow!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts

I'm just blown away at how great this game is. I'm having a blast online with it, and the singleplayer mode is also good. Graphics, gameplay, and realism.....I can only think to myself "now this is nextgen". I was waiting for this game to be released after a friend of mine keep going on and on about Battlefeild 2. I was late with that game so I decided to wait until BF:BC came out. Its an understatement that good things come to those who wait.

Im really happy the game did well....I also believe that a great deal of guys had to eat crow after bashing the beta, and the gold rush mode in the forums etc. Its an outstanding game. In many ways I believe that its better than COD4.

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
yes but COD 4 is better
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i didn't realy like the demo but i did like battle filed 2.
DeathHeart95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 DeathHeart95
Member since 2008 • 2541 Posts

Yeah, this game seems to have gone through a similar situation as the Too Human demo is currently going through...hmm...

Anyway, don't have Gold membership yet, but the single-player was decent. Worth a rent for single-player alone. By the way, if you like it this much, wait until the Conquest mode comes out for online. That mode is the Battlefield franchise's bread and butter.

IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IIJuggaNottII
Conquest. Yeah. Thats what he goes off about, and how much he loves it. I enjoy the game how it is....so if they added "tug-o-war" I would be happy. I doesnt really matter. I really like the "no cover is safe" type of gameplay of the game. Plus the huge maps are something that I believe that COD4 lacks. Not that I dont enjoy COD4, its just nice to see game progression.
strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 strayzilla
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts

I haven't played this online, but I thought the single player was pretty lacking.

Not to compare it to COD4, but when you're used to that speed, BC seems really slow. I actually hated the no place is safe idea. I would be ducking behind a rock I couldn't even see over, and was getting shot at will by enemies. Plus, there's no real benefit to even ducking most times except to get a slightly better aim. Which adds to the point where the guns seem really under powered. I didn't really like the fact there are trips all over the place. So the point of playing stealthy in least is moot. You can be crawling through deep foliage where you can even see 5 feet in front of you, but some guy 100 yards away will see you and shoot you in the head.

Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I would probably buy it but my friend who has it says the online is already pretty dead. :|
jezz555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jezz555
Member since 2007 • 939 Posts
i prefer COD 4 just becuase it has sidearms and better stuff
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IIJuggaNottII

I haven't played this online, but I thought the single player was pretty lacking.

Not to compare it to COD4, but when you're used to that speed, BC seems really slow. I actually hated the no place is safe idea. I would be ducking behind a rock I couldn't even see over, and was getting shot at will by enemies. Plus, there's no real benefit to even ducking most times except to get a slightly better aim. Which adds to the point where the guns seem really under powered. I didn't really like the fact there are trips all over the place. So the point of playing stealthy in least is moot. You can be crawling through deep foliage where you can even see 5 feet in front of you, but some guy 100 yards away will see you and shoot you in the head.

strayzilla

I can agree about the speed of COD4. Its nice, but after a while its almost like having a fight in a phonebooth. You never really get a chance to gather yourself. It was meant to be close quarter though, and I love that game as well. The guns being underpowered was "needed" in my opinion, If they were realistic...you would drop after one shot. STILL...I get your point. I dont really get a feel of being stealth in COD4 either, I do appreciate the fact that if you decide to snipe....you can do it without having to snipe with a guy right in your chest. BF:BC gives a great sense of distance, and you feel sorta safe/free to find a area to snipe from. If guys see you sneaking around trying to be stealthy....thats just a testament to how good "they" are at sniping/finding guys creeping. lol. I say that because I get popped doing the same stuff you describe.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts
I love it.
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IIJuggaNottII

i prefer COD 4 just becuase it has sidearms and better stuffjezz555

Thats a good point. I enjoyed running around with 2 guns etc. You cant count out that BF:BC has vehicles too. Plus alot of different weapons (although picking one over the other seems JUST for preference IMO, none are miles better in any catagory). I like that they didnt steal the perk feature, instead they gave you actual real world items like land mines, air strikes, health (forgot what that thingy is called), C4, and also better stationary weapons. AA guns....man, a great deal. Not to make this a COD4 vs. BF:BC....although it looks like its turning into that. My point is BF:BC like COD4 is taking FPS's in the right direction. They both are totally different but inovative.

chickenalp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 chickenalp
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I liked BC better than cod4 its so much more realistic and the battlefields are actually realistic to who would have a war in shipment and we cant forget about grenades being thrown over 3 buildings :evil:
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I prefer BF:BC over COD4 but i enjoy both a lot. COD4's just so annoying whenever i try and play they put me in the same room like 5-12 times literally then i'm forced to play that game. Before someone says i'm a fanboy i'm playing COD4 right now and still enjoy it.
greatestali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 greatestali
Member since 2005 • 665 Posts
one word online
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
awesome game
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IIJuggaNottII
I do have one gripe with the game........TEAM CHAT!!! Can you imagine how far this game would go if they had that feature. I understand what they were trying to do FORCE GUYS TO USE TEAMWORK. Still....I got that point when they made the main objective to attack ONE main target (or two crates, you got the point). I still want to have the option to tell the guy whos driving the tank....."HEY WAIT UP...." Or " THROW ME A MED PACK FELLA". Its a real kick in the rear end when you need health and a support guy runs right past you and you cant say anything to him. You can be a smarty pants and shoot at him, THEN he wont know what your doing it for...mistake you for a team killer and wax you then go about his business. Just saying. lol.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 craigalan23

I just walk up infront of them. When i use support a throw a few medpacks around key areas where my teammates are at.

IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IIJuggaNottII

I just walk up infront of them. When i use support a throw a few medpacks around key areas where my teammates are at.

craigalan23

Yeah...you know gamers will make it work no matter what. I do the same. I usually find a group of guys trying to hold down an area, then throw a few packs in their area. It still doesnt make sense that you cant speak to everyone. Thats my only issue.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 craigalan23
[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

IIJuggaNottII

Yeah...you know gamers will make it work no matter what. I do the same. I usually find a group of guys trying to hold down an area, then throw a few packs in their area. It still doesnt make sense that you cant speak to everyone. Thats my only issue.

So it has a more military feel probably. Isn't it a four man squad i always forget.

IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IIJuggaNottII

I believe it is four. It seems like they are really trying to make guys work together, but it fails when your members drop out. Or often Im in a 2 man squad. Now your in a bad spot because you cant talk to anyone but one person...and thats IF he has a mic.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 craigalan23

I believe it is four. It seems like they are really trying to make guys work together, but it fails when your members drop out. Or often Im in a 2 man squad. Now your in a bad spot because you cant talk to anyone but one person...and thats IF he has a mic.

IIJuggaNottII

True i don't mind it though whenever i play it i invite a friend so even if everyone but him loses it's ok. Also it's a four man crew probably because of the four man squad in the singleplayer.

IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IIJuggaNottII
[QUOTE="IIJuggaNottII"]

craigalan23

True i don't mind it though whenever i play it i invite a friend so even if everyone but him loses it's ok. Also it's a four man crew probably because of the four man squad in the singleplayer.

Right...so your winning playing like that. I know it has to be fun with 3 of your friends in a chopper or a humvee. I havent played with my friends yet. Just one, and we got smashed by the other team over and over. Im not good YET. I'm getting better and better. I still have trouble with the Choppers etc.

PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts

i prefer COD 4 just becuase it has sidearms and better stuffjezz555

It has side arms for sniper and other stuff shows that you cant really think of anything. But I think cod4 and battlefield are two different genres because one is big open battles the other is small skirmishes with super powers (perks) and call in your own personal air strike and helicopter.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 craigalan23
[QUOTE="craigalan23"][QUOTE="IIJuggaNottII"]

IIJuggaNottII

Right...so your winning playing like that. I know it has to be fun with 3 of your friends in a chopper or a humvee. I havent played with my friends yet. Just one, and we got smashed by the other team over and over. Im not good YET. I'm getting better and better. I still have trouble with the Choppers etc.

I ment leaves lol. Anyway yeah whenever i get a bad team we lose still because we can't properly defend the crates but it's ok because we never get slaughtered just our teammates lol. Choppers only allow two people and i never use vehicles because they're far too easy to take out. Only vehicle i'll use is the helicopter because it's harder to take out as long as the AA gun's destroyed.

IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IIJuggaNottII
[QUOTE="IIJuggaNottII"][QUOTE="craigalan23"][QUOTE="IIJuggaNottII"]

craigalan23

I ment leaves lol. Anyway yeah whenever i get a bad team we lose still because we can't properly defend the crates but it's ok because we never get slaughtered just our teammates lol. Choppers only allow two people and i never use vehicles because they're far too easy to take out. Only vehicle i'll use is the helicopter because it's harder to take out as long as the AA gun's destroyed.

Ahhh..see I never knew how many can fit in a Chopper. I usually stay away from them, I want to practice...but I dont want to cost my team. I know that someone can fly it better than I can (well actually my dog can fly it better than me) I'll let them use it, I dont want to cost my team the W by goofing off in the thing.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#26 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

It took awhile for me to apprciate the game, but yeah its alot of fun online.

I definatly enjoy it more then cod4.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 craigalan23
I'm decent with the helicopter so i let others in my squad get it and jump in the gun.
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 IIJuggaNottII

I'm decent with the helicopter so i let others in my squad get it and jump in the gun.craigalan23

Naah, I'm no good at all. We dont get along...I'll get in it and do a total nose dive in it. The entire team would end up peeved at me. I resorted to looking at a youtube vid to somewhat understand what I was doing wrong. Its just total Embarassing. Oh.....when I said my DOG is better than me at flying the thing....I didnt mean it like my "homie". lol. An actual D.O.G. could fly it better. lol.

nahmean187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 nahmean187
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts
it wasnt as addicting as cod4 was for me but still a great game.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#30 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Only thing that pisses me off in battlefield is when my teammates dont try to do teh objectives (plant the bomb or defuse it).
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
the SP is alright to start with but becomes annoying, sure blowing stuff up is fun, but thats about it