Banned from Xbox Live and need some help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DaSportzDude007
DaSportzDude007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DaSportzDude007
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Alright guys I got a couple of questions regarding my xbox account, which got banned today, I now am banned for the second time and I know have a two week ban. I heard that if I get banned again that the account is blocked and I will not be able to sign in ever again. But I have also heard that it blocks the ID on the console so that no other profiles can be accessed, can anyone confirm any of these. Thanks for your help.

tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
Um, my suggestion would be to not go around screwing around on LIVE and being a jerk so you don't get banned. I don't know about the banning rules because I never worried about it, but hey, why not look at the LIVE policy?
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

Well, you probably got what you deserved.

Looking at you Gears of War achievements, you unlocked all of them in a matter of 3 days (including seriously...). I wonder how?

momo372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 momo372
Member since 2005 • 2641 Posts
yea dont come whinging on here about your account being banned if your the type of person who swears online and makes everyone feel bad and ruins the game. if thats the case, I am glad your banned
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts
You're not going to find a lot of sympathy here to being banned. Given how obnoxious and disruptive people can be on Xbox Live and not be banned/suspended, I can't imagine what you have to do to actually receive disciplinary action from Microsoft. Just stop doing whatever it is you're doing.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
what are u do that getting u banned if its something easy to fix like your gamertag or profile stop it i think if u get banned again its 30 days then after that its a life time ban for that gamertag so u need new one but no your xbox will never get banned unless u temper it in any way like modding bla bla bla then it get banned
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
Stop being a jerk to people and you won't get banned... why do you even have to ask? The fact that you're asking what happens if you get banned a third time tells me you don't plan on stopping this. So if you ask me, I hope you get banned for life if you're a jerk to people.
xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts
You're not going to find a lot of sympathy here to being banned. Given how obnoxious and disruptive people can be on Xbox Live and not be banned/suspended, I can't imagine what you have to do to actually receive disciplinary action from Microsoft. Just stop doing whatever it is you're doing.Palantas
What he said,and when you get banned its your console that gets banned so its not as easy as opening a new account on the same console,you would have to buy a new one.BTW,stop being an a$$ online.
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts
If its a lifetime ban then its the console that is banned. You would have to go out a buy another console.
Lync9763

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lync9763
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts
Thats cool... what's being banned like? lol speaking of which, if you DO get banned forever, what happens to your payment history like... the people that paid for a year for LIVE... wtf
Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts
Geez guys, the dude just comes on here asking a question politely, and you guys just flame him. Not cool.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wwervin
Thats cool... what's being banned like? lol speaking of which, if you DO get banned forever, what happens to your payment history like... the people that paid for a year for LIVE... wtfLync9763
Read the agreement on xbox.com. You get the same thing when you first make your gamertag and you click on "i agree." It's a contract between you and M$ that states that if you violate the agreement in any way, they can take away Live from you. So yeah, if you do get banned, you're not getting your money back.
Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts
I didn't know that your console could be banned forever?!?!?! wow
rob1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rob1101
Member since 2004 • 3435 Posts
Geez guys, the dude just comes on here asking a question politely, and you guys just flame him. Not cool. Mario2007
yea I know these people are kind of brutal lol, who are you guys to make assumptions and accusations of what hes done or what he is like.
wojopro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wojopro
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts
[QUOTE="Mario2007"]Geez guys, the dude just comes on here asking a question politely, and you guys just flame him. Not cool. rob1101
yea I know these people are kind of brutal lol, who are you guys to make assumptions and accusations of what hes done or what he is like.

No need to assume anything... He got banned from live.
rob1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rob1101
[QUOTE="rob1101"][QUOTE="Mario2007"]Geez guys, the dude just comes on here asking a question politely, and you guys just flame him. Not cool. wojopro

you can get banned for playing a legal back up of a game, but that doesn't make you an a-hole like some are suggesting.
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

[QUOTE="wojopro"][QUOTE="rob1101"] yea I know these people are kind of brutal lol, who are you guys to make assumptions and accusations of what hes done or what he is like.rob1101

you can get banned for playing a legal back up of a game, but that doesn't make you an a-hole like some are suggesting.

What do you mean a legal back up?

I not trying to make any assumptions but when I heard he unlocked all the GeoW achievements in 3 days, I just had to laugh.

the_kidisblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_kidisblack
Member since 2008 • 1184 Posts
Once - maybe not your fault Twice - stop being a fool and find something better to do
Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

Getting banned from Xbox Live once is bad enough, but tw... come on man...

Also, am I the only person that loves how Microsoft at least attempts to police its service? 

Avatar image for deactivated-62d9ea05a7ff2
deactivated-62d9ea05a7ff2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-62d9ea05a7ff2
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts
how the hell do you get banned on XBL? is it really that hard to not be a dimwit?
blaze000119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blaze000119
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts
You're not going to find a lot of sympathy here to being banned. Given how obnoxious and disruptive people can be on Xbox Live and not be banned/suspended, I can't imagine what you have to do to actually receive disciplinary action from Microsoft. Just stop doing whatever it is you're doing.Palantas
Ditto. Everybody agrees to rules when they sign up. Severe and/or repeated violation of said rules MAY result in your account being banned. Accident? IMO you'd have to be pretty dense. As far as backups go those are at your own risk. Get banned one for it - take the hint
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
well to get banned for 2 weeks takes a hell of a lot, you could easily avoid being permantly banned or being banned again. dont act up on the mike, dont gltich/cheat, dont rigg the achievement system, dont put offenesive info on your bio and dont mod your system. i dont know many people who been banned for they on live behavior for two weeks, had a few mates banned for 1 day for stuff on they bio but you must be a persistant offender to be banned for two weeks more than once. shape up or ship out the choice is yours. the_kidisblack getting banned for 2 weeks once is your fault easy, you dont get 2 weeks ban for a first offence this guy has been playing up for a long time.
jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
u got what u deserved, freeing up live from cheaters.
rob1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rob1101

[QUOTE="rob1101"][QUOTE="wojopro"] No need to assume anything... He got banned from live.NeoGen85

I not trying to make any assumptions but when I heard he unlocked all the GeoW achievements in 3 days, I just had to laugh.

In the US your allowed 1 backup of all software you own. However to play these you must mod you console.
stolz1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 stolz1975
Member since 2005 • 422 Posts
stop bein a D!#K and you wont get banned
Avatar image for doggy47perfecto
doggy47perfecto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 doggy47perfecto
Member since 2004 • 3646 Posts
you probably got whatyou deserved
jodari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jodari
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

So what happens when his console gets banned and he sells it and gets another one? The poor sap that bought it has no access to Xbox Live?

eagles_band

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 eagles_band
Member since 2008 • 2969 Posts
If you did cheat to get achievements, then I'm glad you got banned, and I hope you get your console banned
Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts
If you did cheat to get achievements, then I'm glad you got banned, and I hope you get your console bannedeagles_band
I guess no one read his post?
blaze000119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blaze000119
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts
[QUOTE="jodari"]

So what happens when his console gets banned and he sells it and gets another one? The poor sap that bought it has no access to Xbox Live?

[/QUOTE good question
Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts

Well, you probably got what you deserved.

Looking at you Gears of War achievements, you unlocked all of them in a matter of 3 days (including seriously...). I wonder how?

Lanezy
How did you find his gamertag..?
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wwervin
[QUOTE="rob1101"][QUOTE="NeoGen85"]

you can get banned for playing a legal back up of a game, but that doesn't make you an a-hole like some are suggesting.rob1101

In the US your allowed 1 backup of all software you own. However to play these you must mod you console.

You're still breaking the law by creating the backup, let alone modding your console. The law sort of contradicts itself by saying you can make backups because it also says you can't break any encryption seals in the software which 99% of software have. So by creating that "legal" backup copy you're actually breaking the law. So nevermind modding (which M$'s terms and conditions clearly state that you CANNOT do, take the hint there), nevermind that, but by breaking the law, you deserve to be banned. Don't be surprised or even mad at M$, it's your own actions that cause this. As for TC, bad lyrics on your bio is one thing, that's understandable, but how did you get banned a second time? And your first post gave me the feeling that you planned on being banned a third time, which doesn't help you out here because people will just tell you to stop being a jerk.
Quintinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 Quintinius
Member since 2006 • 1050 Posts

Yeah, I just had I guess some inappropiate stuff on my bio, I had the T.I. Top Back song on there which relates to my gamertag I Ride On 24s. But I didn't know that one day was the first offense, I don't even remember being banned for one day. So I guess I better get my act together or I will not be playing Xbox ever again.

DaSportzDude007
Inappropriate stuff in your bio, motto, gamertag, etc. won't get you banned TWICE. Not only that but they'll normally just change your stuff to "Code of Conduct" and make it so you have to change it WITHOUT banning you. This all seems very suspicious to me so I don't believe you and I hope you do get banned for good.
rob1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rob1101
[QUOTE="rob1101"][QUOTE="NeoGen85"]

wwervin

You're still breaking the law by creating the backup, let alone modding your console. The law sort of contradicts itself by saying you can make backups because it also says you can't break any encryption seals in the software which 99% of software have. So by creating that "legal" backup copy you're actually breaking the law. So nevermind modding (which M$'s terms and conditions clearly state that you CANNOT do, take the hint there), nevermind that, but by breaking the law, you deserve to be banned. Don't be surprised or even mad at M$, it's your own actions that cause this. As for TC, bad lyrics on your bio is one thing, that's understandable, but how did you get banned a second time? And your first post gave me the feeling that you planned on being banned a third time, which doesn't help you out here because people will just tell you to stop being a jerk.

You don't have to break an encryption to backup a game... and even if you had too who really cares you own the game one backup should be allowed. regardless it still doesn't make him an evil a-hole that deserves to be banned.

and in the TC second post he said he was banned the fist time for the same thing and was not aware because the ban only lasted 1 day. He just asked a question politely and everyone flames him, just thought it was kind of lame. I thought the GS was just slightly better than that.

Katastrophiic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Katastrophiic
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts

Yeah, I just had I guess some inappropiate stuff on my bio, I had the T.I. Top Back song on there which relates to my gamertag I Ride On 24s. But I didn't know that one day was the first offense, I don't even remember being banned for one day. So I guess I better get my act together or I will not be playing Xbox ever again.

DaSportzDude007

You should be permanently banned for listening to T.I. in the first place. Be happy you only got a temporary.

swaglikeminez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 swaglikeminez
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts
what about the sweet innocent people who baught there consoles used from gamestop/ebgames ebay ect... they get punished for nothin really if its that seriouse they shouldnt allow banned systems to be sold..
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Logan1616
Member since 2008 • 3424 Posts
Um, my suggestion would be to not go around screwing around on LIVE and being a jerk so you don't get banned. I don't know about the banning rules because I never worried about it, but hey, why not look at the LIVE policy?tktomo01
Well said.