Bad time to purchase a 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aznparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 aznparty
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Hi, I am currently a PS3 owner and I was considering buying an XBOX 360 next month. The one question that has been in my mind was whether it is too late for me to buy a 360. I know the xbox has only been out for about 4 years but I don't really see a great line up of games comming out in 2009 so far for the XBOX 360. Anyways, if I could get your opinon on whether I should buy a 360 or not, you would have my undying gratitude.

-

Aznparty

P.S. One more thing, if you are a fanboy of either Sony or Microsoft or Nintendo(for god's sake), please do not reply to my thread.

Thanks again,

Aznparty

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#2 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
It's never to late to buy a good game console.
Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts
Go for it. It's got tons of games that'll last you for a while.
ryancamcam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ryancamcam
Member since 2007 • 1558 Posts

I know the xbox has only been out for about 4 years but I don't really see a great line up of games comming out in 2009 so far for the XBOX 360.

aznparty
That doesn't mean you can't enjoy the games that are already out.
-eyePop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -eyePop
Member since 2009 • 50 Posts
i just got my xbox yesterday and love it - although no games yet so im stuck with demos =[ . I don't see why its a bad time to buy an xbox =]
RavageGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RavageGT
Member since 2008 • 989 Posts

The best games on the 360 that are not available on the PS3 are Gears of War 2, and Left 4 Dead, I don't really think like there are any super awesome exclusives for the 360 coming though

1. Halo Wars could potentially be a game that plays off it's license, I still hope it's proves that a RTS can shine on consoles (I never played tiberium wars if they already did that)
  2. Halo ODST is just a stand alone expansion.
  3. If we're lucky, 360 might get a super hero MMORPG, and they already have RTS's but like I said, they're not a shining part of the 360.
  4. One great thing about the Xbox is that you can easily find other people to play with and add on your friends list. Online is fantastic and it's worth $50 bucks worth. So if you have friends playing the 360 your going to have fun playing with them.

However, issue is that you will be paying more than you assume

Xbox =$200

Xbox Wireless Adapter (if you need it) = 100$

12 Month Xbox Live Gold member ship = 50$

If you have a high end PC, I suggest you avoid the 360 because you can already get access to games like Left 4 Dead. But if you don't I suggest waiting to see how 2009 came out, because 360 only has a couple non PS3 titles that you would likely be interested in. And I do like my Xbox, but you already have a PS3, and unless you have money that you're ready to kill I reccomend seeing how 360's 2009 titles turn out.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

The best games on the 360 that are not available on the PS3 are Gears of War 2, and Left 4 Dead, I don't really think like there are any super awesome exclusives for the 360 coming though

1. Halo Wars could potentially be a game that plays off it's license, I still hope it's proves that a RTS can shine on consoles (I never played tiberium wars if they already did that)
  2. Halo ODST is just a stand alone expansion.
  3. If we're lucky, 360 might get a super hero MMORPG, and they already have RTS's but like I said, they're not a shining part of the 360.
  4. One great thing about the Xbox is that you can easily find other people to play with and add on your friends list. Online is fantastic and it's worth $50 bucks worth. So if you have friends playing the 360 your going to have fun playing with them.

However, issue is that you will be paying more than you assume

Xbox =$200

Xbox Wireless Adapter (if you need it) = 100$

12 Month Xbox Live Gold member ship = 50$

If you have a high end PC, I suggest you avoid the 360 because you can already get access to games like Left 4 Dead. But if you don't I suggest waiting to see how 2009 came out, because 360 only has a couple non PS3 titles that you would likely be interested in. And I do like my Xbox, but you already have a PS3, and unless you have money that you're ready to kill I reccomend seeing how 360's 2009 titles turn out.

RavageGT
Ok this sounds a bit lacking.. you're adding up the price of a Wifi connection(not needed, but yeah if you need it), and a 12 month gold sub(13 months) and an Arcade model 360 that doesn't come with a HD... Can't get online without that harddrive...
xsalvioutlawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xsalvioutlawx
Member since 2007 • 423 Posts
If you can afford it, then it's never a bad time. It's already got tons of great games, the best online experience, and more. If you can own both the PS3 and 360 i'd say do it.
punkyxse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 punkyxse
Member since 2008 • 59 Posts
you should also know that the price of the 360 is said to be going down soon
Mankind666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Mankind666
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

most games that are on 360 are coming out soon are coming out also on ps3, just the odd ones out like halo odst and stuff like that are not

FirebrandX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 FirebrandX2
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
The systems have been upgraded, and there's a ton of awesome games on the 360? How could you go wrong?