backwards compatability

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

is this officially launched now? Supposed to be in October but I can't find anything about it.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@tanerb: It'll be out in November, my guess is November 15th, 14 year anniversary of the Original Xbox launch in 2001.

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

It comes out in November along with the new dashboard but hopefully they wait until the end of November because the new dashboard is a buggy mess for people in the preview program and it would be a really bad idea to release it when people are trying to play all the new games that come out in the first 2 weeks of November.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

@JayQproductions said:

It comes out in November along with the new dashboard but hopefully they wait until the end of November because the new dashboard is a buggy mess for people in the preview program and it would be a really bad idea to release it when people are trying to play all the new games that come out in the first 2 weeks of November.

Yeah definitely... I'd rather wait a little longer to have it as bug-free as possible.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@tanerb: they announced its dropping on the 12th of November on the Halo 5 live stream.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

Then cue a slew of extra updates to cure the bugs. Just so the dashboard can look like W10. Yeah wow, absolutlely ground breaking stuff from MS.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44169 Posts

FYI...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-ones-backwards-compatibility-new-dashboard-ge/1100-6431738/

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Xisiuizado
Member since 2014 • 592 Posts

@transk53 said:

Then cue a slew of extra updates to cure the bugs. Just so the dashboard can look like W10. Yeah wow, absolutlely ground breaking stuff from MS.

Not groundbreaking, but not needing to open an app for simple stuff will be much appreciated.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Transk53

@xisiuizado:

Yeah, but it is not too much of a imposition, only a console. Don't need piecemeal W10.

Thaymez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Thaymez
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts

I want the B-compatability right MEOW!

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xisiuizado

@transk53:
I can see someone not being bothered by it, but I feel that starting parties and quickly checking friend stuff is more cumbersome than necessary.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Transk53

@xisiuizado:

I do agree. Don't need a MS market piece to improve the dash, just a few obvious tweeks. Hence W10.

peruwolf93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 peruwolf93
Member since 2010 • 110 Posts

Off topic but has Halo Reach been announced to be backwards comptible?

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xisiuizado

@peruwolf93:
I don't know if it has been officially announced, but it has been seen on preview program members' game lists.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Transk53

@peruwolf93 said:

Off topic but has Halo Reach been announced to be backwards comptible?

I hope so.

robdacool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 robdacool
Member since 2004 • 50 Posts

It's coming November 12th. The preview members are like 3 builds behind so hopefully the new UI will be at least ready in the eyes of whoever is in charge of releasing it lol

pathofneo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#17  Edited By pathofneo99
Member since 2012 • 125 Posts

Tbh I dont' get the big deal about having a hundred or so games backwards compatible when all it's going to be are a few of the 'most popular' (ie overhyped mainstream) and dozens of indies. The mid-tier games which make the 'bulk' of the X360's worth (arguably) are probably going to be forever absent and besides..they don't even play off your disk. Don't see how this is helping someone with a huge collection of physical games that don't have the word Halo, Gears, Forza, or Rare in the title, but we'll see. Obviously, I hope I'm proven wrong.

undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 undergroundLPx
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

I'm mainly waiting for GTA IV to be made Backwards Compatible. Hopefully, Fight Night Champion as well since there doesn't seem to be a boxing game on the horizon.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Yup releasing Nov 12 as part of NXE. They will be revealing the list of BC titles(around 100 or so) a few days earlier on Nov 9.

undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By undergroundLPx

@Alucard_Prime: Oh, nice. So there's a chance that games we haven't heard anything about when it comes to backwards compatibility might show up on the list as surprise? Games like GTA IV for example?

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

@undergroundLPx: I doubt any of the GTA's or sports games will get backwards compatability because Microsoft said any game that has a licensed sound track or any other licensed assets probably won't be backwards compatible because of licensing issues.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@undergroundLPx said:

I'm mainly waiting for GTA IV to be made Backwards Compatible. Hopefully, Fight Night Champion as well since there doesn't seem to be a boxing game on the horizon.

Hmmm...you must not be read up on the Xbone BC news.

Just a heads up but BC isn't going to work for every game (Look back to the 360 to see how BC rolled out and then stopped at about the 50% mark). There are other games that won't get BC due to music/other media licensing issues (many sports games for instance, anything with real music).

Some Entire Game publishers are not supporting BC at all.

Rockstar (GTA, Bully, LA Noire, Red Dead Revolver, etc) isn't supporting Xbone BC.

In fact, a bunch of publishers are not supporting Xbone BC including Activision (Call of Duty, Skylanders, Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, etc) and Konami (Castlevania, Silent Hill, Metal Gear, etc) as well.

Other publishers that are on board with BC have not committed 100% of their library like Capcom or EA for instance.

My point is people should manage their lofty expectations regarding Xbone BC because I read a lot of stuff from hopeful users that directly conflicts with what the game companies are actually committed to and telling the consumers.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@undergroundLPx: Yes but I doubt GTA4 will be one of them, there is a "leaked/unofficial" list that recently came out and it looks believable to me(lot of the games there makes sense considering the news etc.) and Rockstar games were not on it.....there might be surprises but I don't think that will be one of them.....we'll find out soon enough though :)....as soon as the list comes out I'll post it on this board

undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 undergroundLPx

Thanks for the replies fellas. Appreciate the info.

A bummer to hear that. I hope Rockstar considers porting series collections to the new gen consoles then which seems to be the plan when analyzing the situation. And I'm guessing other companies will do the same since they can make money off of it as opposed to enabling the content they already sold free of charge.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#25  Edited By doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

well the list is up, and I kind of expected more "retail" games over arcade games to be compatible