Awesome IGN interview with 3 Xbox Bosses

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

If you're a fan of Xbox, you may want to watch this great IGN interview with current Xbox boss Phil Spencer, ex-Xbox boss Peter Moore(2003-2007), and Xbox creator Seamus Blackley.

It's a great, rare kind of interview that delves into the history of the Xbox console, including the many challenges and fun anecdotes along the way. A lot of interesting details are revealed, and it's great to see how Mr Blackley had to lobby for Xbox at the beginning, because many people simply didn't understand the passion of gamers.

It's a long interview, I'm writing this as I take a break at the halfway mark. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUODlNffWmU

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Yeah enjoyed that. Bad memories from the RRoD fiasco but :(

Avatar image for thecouchpotater
TheCouchPotater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheCouchPotater
Member since 2015 • 239 Posts

Interesting video, thanks for the link!

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

No probs, it's a fascinating interview even from a non-Xbox-fan perspective.

I must say the interviewer Ryan did an incredible job - that's how you conduct an interview, guy was very organised and respectful, asked interesting questions, and controlled the interview nicely.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

No probs, it's a fascinating interview even from a non-Xbox-fan perspective.

I must say the interviewer Ryan did an incredible job - that's how you conduct an interview, guy was very organised and respectful, asked interesting questions, and controlled the interview nicely.

I ended up watching the whole interview last night (only watched a part of it before), and it was very entertaining. And as a long time Xbox fan, it made me very confident and happy with the future of the brand. Especially under Spencer. And we need more people like these 3 guys in the industry... people who actually love the product they're selling.

And yeah Ryan did a great job... he's fast becoming one of my favourite people from any games media outlet. Very professional.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Man, good interview so far, I love the informal nature of it, and it really brings those there down to earth.