Avitars seriously???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 0

#1 vadicta
Member since 2007 • 4354 Posts

I mean whose asking for this. I'm not. I love my gamerpicture and now they're going to replace it with something that's supposed to look like me. That's not a fair trade! And knowing my friends every time i log on i'm going to see a small army of mini hitlers in t shirts :P

nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts
I don't find avatars a big deal though I believe your gamerpic will styll be there when you are using the new guide system
jakedogg14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jakedogg14
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts
I honestly don't want avatars or a new dashboard. I like the dashboard the way it is, the new one just looked empty and boring. And I agree, who the hell is asking for avatars? Let the Wii have them, I'm not interested.
Wildhang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Wildhang
Member since 2003 • 156 Posts

I mean whose asking for this. I'm not. I love my gamerpicture and now they're going to replace it with something that's supposed to look like me. That's not a fair trade! And knowing my friends every time i log on i'm going to see a small army of mini hitlers in t shirts :P

vadicta

Kinda would Suck! I changed my name to match my gamerpicture. So I would imagine a Duck suit will set me back 400 MP.

MM87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MM87
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
I've been upset about that all day. This dashboard update will be the beginning of the end for Xbox focusing on videogame fans and the beginning of appealing to some mainstream fools. Thanks Nintendo.
PhilosophiCon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 PhilosophiCon
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts
I'm not for it, but I'm not against it. I mean, it's obviously a response to the Miis on the Wii, and I like that. Healthy competition. But I see the 360 as a more serious gaming platform, and these little cartoony avatars are kind of childish. Knowing my friends, I will probably also turn it on to see a bunch of hitlers, and knowing me, I'll probably be one of them. Or maybe I'll take it seriously, who knows? A little video preview really isn't enough to get you to know how you will feel when it's in front of your face. I think it will be pretty cool because I have a lot of friends with the same gamer pictures, and it'll be nice to be able to distinguish them well and quick. I'm looking forward to the update for just about everything but the avatar system, but it won't hurt.
-Montauk-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Montauk-
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts
I hope they have an option to just use the old dashboard.... Although overall I think I'll be able to handle it.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts
i hate the avatars idea on the xbox. i dont think we'll be able to keep our same gamerpics because these stupid avatars show up in all there new online functions from what i saw in the demonstration. im pissed. the average gamer is 30 years old not 7 microsoft!!!!!!!
NakedSnake25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 NakedSnake25
Member since 2006 • 1231 Posts
I know I don't want this.Is there an option to not update your dashboard? I want to keep mine the way it is!
PhilosophiCon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PhilosophiCon
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts
I hope they have an option to just use the old dashboard.... Although overall I think I'll be able to handle it.-Montauk-
I doubt it. They seem too proud of it. Plus, more new things then that will be added, and you'll be missing out on genuine content with the old dashboard (Primetime, which I think looks pretty cool, the new party system which I've been wishing for for months [not for image sharing and stuff, but for just chatting], the Netflix stuff, etc...). Altogether, it's going to be a great update, and it looks nice, blah blah blah. The avatar system is just a bit of a dissapointment. EDIT:
I know I don't want this.Is there an option to not update your dashboard? I want to keep mine the way it is!NakedSnake25
Highly doubt it. The way I see it, it will be like a game update; either you update it, or you can't go online.
DarkMagic27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DarkMagic27
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

i hate the avatars idea on the xbox. i dont think we'll be able to keep our same gamerpics because these stupid avatars show up in all there new online functions from what i saw in the demonstration. im pissed. the average gamer is 30 years old not 7 microsoft!!!!!!!BLAS1AN

Gamer pics are staying dude, so are themes. They dont have to change, and if you dont want to make an avatar then dont? Even if you have to,,really, who cares. If you dont want to use it dont.

Avatar image for seventy5cent832
seventy5cent832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 seventy5cent832
Member since 2007 • 1057 Posts
it looks like the wii, for like 10yr olds..... son of a....
Shinoadr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 Shinoadr
Member since 2007 • 2667 Posts

Mabey the microsoft points you bought will be used for Avitar Money? So you can buy clothes and stuff. That would be interesting.........

jakedogg14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jakedogg14
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts
In addition, this stupid new dashboard update better not take up a bunch of my hard drive.
DarkMagic27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DarkMagic27
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

In addition, this stupid new dashboard update better not take up a bunch of my hard drive.jakedogg14

Man, come on. Its an UPDATE, it will not take up half your hard drive. i mean, this is what goes into that 7 GB of the 20 GB HD that isnt used right?

Mabey the microsoft points you bought will be used for Avitar Money? So you can buy clothes and stuff. That would be interesting.........

Shinoadr

Yea, they said they would do that. You could purchase things online for your avatars. Different clothes, etc.

Power_Wrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Power_Wrist
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts

I'm not big on the Avatars. Although I highly doubt that I would be another Hitler

I'd probably be Stalin.

neovalkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 neovalkyr
Member since 2003 • 1097 Posts
I'm i the only one who kind of likes the avatars ? I feel they give people on xbox live a little more personality. And now completing a game or unlocking achievements can give you clothes and stuff. It's like prizes, making games even more rewarding. Imagine if you complete Halo 3 on lengendary you could win a master chief helmet for your avatar.
360player_eq12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 360player_eq12
Member since 2006 • 2214 Posts

I hope they will make a option to keep the old dashboard.

ownzone55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ownzone55
Member since 2007 • 557 Posts

doesn't look too bad. The dashboard looks nicer in my opinion. You do keep ur gamer pics and themes. Looks fun.

THE-TRAP-CARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 THE-TRAP-CARD
Member since 2007 • 404 Posts
avatars look realy dumb,especially with the freinds list stuff.
vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vadicta

I've been upset about that all day. This dashboard update will be the beginning of the end for Xbox focusing on videogame fans and the beginning of appealing to some mainstream fools. Thanks Nintendo.MM87

I can't agree with you anymore. HERE'S A BIG MIDDLE FINGER POINTED RIGHT AT YOU MYAMOTO. I know it was your idea... and if it wasn't sorry

drumbreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 drumbreak1
Member since 2008 • 1316 Posts

I'm not big on the Avatars. Although I highly doubt that I would be another Hitler

I'd probably be Stalin.

Power_Wrist

I

vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vadicta

Shinoadr

I couldn't possibly imagine anyone who would want to use real money to pimp out their mii

johncraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 johncraven
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts
bah I think they'll let you use your gamerpic if you want... if not, they'll get tons of complaint and they'll release another update to fix it :)
-Montauk-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Montauk-
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts
[QUOTE="Shinoadr"]

vadicta

I couldn't possibly imagine anyone who would want to use real money to pimp out their mii

True, but I'm totally with the other guy for a duck suit since my GT is duck related as well.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#27 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Good new! We get to keep gamerpics and themes!

http://kotaku.com/5025143/the-new-xbox-experience-just-the-facts-and-maybe-some-conjecture

The update is required, but some how we still are able to use gamer pics and themes. MS hasn't said anything about how it'll work though. And Im pretty sure you still have to use the avatars.

vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vadicta

I'm i the only one who kind of likes the avatars ? I feel they give people on xbox live a little more personality. And now completing a game or unlocking achievements can give you clothes and stuff. It's like prizes, making games even more rewarding. Imagine if you complete Halo 3 on lengendary you could win a master chief helmet for your avatar.neovalkyr

Yes you are... And i don't think it'll give people more personality. It'll just take an hour to make a bruce willis than five seconds to download one. I call Bruce Willis. He's my idea!

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts
sorry i gotta respond to the guy who said the average age of the gamer is 30. Can i get w/e it is your smoking becuase thast the dumbest statement iv heard all day
vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 vadicta

Good new! We get to keep gamerpics and themes!

http://kotaku.com/5025143/the-new-xbox-experience-just-the-facts-and-maybe-some-conjecture

The update is required, but some how we still are able to use gamer pics and themes. MS hasn't said anything about how it'll work though. And Im pretty sure you still have to use the avatars.

vashkey

There's some good news. It's allways nice to doge a giant suck bullet :)

vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vadicta

sorry i gotta respond to the guy who said the average age of the gamer is 30. Can i get w/e it is your smoking becuase thast the dumbest statement iv heard all dayDjmaster214

How is that a stupid statement? It's true, the people who grew up gaming are near middle aged now...

vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 vadicta

sorry i gotta respond to the guy who said the average age of the gamer is 30. Can i get w/e it is your smoking becuase thast the dumbest statement iv heard all dayDjmaster214

Here's some proof

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2004-05-12-gamer-demographics_x.htm

gustavog117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gustavog117
Member since 2006 • 831 Posts
I like the new dashboard, seeming I didnt buy themes or gamerpics, I just get the free things. At least now I can delete those and have more memory. The avatars, theyre not good and not bad. It lets you customize it which could be fun, looks like a cross between Miis and Home. If I have to buy the clothes then screw it, Mine will be naked.
AeRo619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 AeRo619
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts
I actually dont mind the avatars at all, in fact they look better than the miis in wii imo, with the clothing options and such. Good Thing unlike some other idiots, the only gamerpics/themes I got were the free ones, cuz I personally could care less. As long as my 360 lives and plays games (and now even faster) I will be happy, I actually liked all there ideas, I mean all there trying to do is stay competitive because the wii is obviously doing well in the casual market, so since they are going casual now, that is awesome, plus more hardcore games are coming out so its not like it completely turned into a casual system
Deluhathol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Deluhathol
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts

Damn, I've been steaming about this all day as well. I really liked the old dashboard the way it was, and just as I'm starting to get really comfortable and loving it, they change it up and give us some gay mii rip-off. If I wanted a lame cartoony avatar, I would have gotten a wii. But I didn't. I got a 360. Dammit Microsoft, why can't you stop stealing other companies fads, and come up with some innovation that will actually please your customers? Why the hell didn't they just spend the time and money they invested in producing these crappy avatars into making something xbox users would actually want? Did anybody ask for these stupid avatars? Who at Microsoft thought that this was a good idea? Damn, but I'm royally pissed off; I spent my money on a 360, not a rip off of a wii.

haven79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 haven79
Member since 2007 • 707 Posts
i kinda like this new idea. ya the old one was cool, but i think new one will be sweet.
Champ721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 Champ721
Member since 2005 • 1978 Posts

Damn, I've been steaming about this all day as well. I really liked the old dashboard the way it was, and just as I'm starting to get really comfortable and loving it, they change it up and give us some gay mii rip-off. If I wanted a lame cartoony avatar, I would have gotten a wii. But I didn't. I got a 360. Dammit Microsoft, why can't you stop stealing other companies fads, and come up with some innovation that will actually please your customers? Why the hell didn't they just spend the time and money they invested in producing these crappy avatars into making something xbox users would actually want? Did anybody ask for these stupid avatars? Who at Microsoft thought that this was a good idea? Damn, but I'm royally pissed off; I spent my money on a 360, not a rip off of a wii.

Deluhathol
I totally agree. I've seriously been mad about this all day. Scary, when I told my friend about this, I used almost the exact same wording you just did.
halo3-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 halo3-player
Member since 2006 • 6036 Posts

vadicta
Once again gamerpics will work on the new update. and themes
halo3-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 halo3-player
Member since 2006 • 6036 Posts

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]i hate the avatars idea on the xbox. i dont think we'll be able to keep our same gamerpics because these stupid avatars show up in all there new online functions from what i saw in the demonstration. im pissed. the average gamer is 30 years old not 7 microsoft!!!!!!!DarkMagic27

Gamer pics are staying dude, so are themes. They dont have to change, and if you dont want to make an avatar then dont? Even if you have to,,really, who cares. If you dont want to use it dont.

FINALLY some one who knows the truth like me!
Adamus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Adamus9
Member since 2006 • 283 Posts
[QUOTE="Deluhathol"]

Champ721

I totally agree. I've seriously been mad about this all day. Scary, when I told my friend about this, I used almost the exact same wording you just did.

I don't see the problem with the Avatars. There better looking than the Wii's version and they are going to be used in a multitude of areas in the 360 from seeing freinds to actualy having your look alike participating in games. I don't see how this is a huge problem for you because if you don't want to use it don't but it is a step forward in the gaming industy. they took a simple idea and made it into something complex and intricit.

Also to Champ this will please some people, not you and not everybody but that is impossable, so i ask that you do not judge to hard on a feature that you have no idea how it will play. I don't see it as microsoft stealing a fad but expanding on the idea of another.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
average age is offically 28 mate.and its a fact
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts

I think it's a cool addition,i mean it's going to be more interesting to see someones avatar when playing certain games like uno instead of just the gamerpic.

So it's a good idea in my book.

jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 jackelzx
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts

Its a change, it looks ok, i understand why people don't like the look of it.

i'll have to Wait to it comes out before i really judge it.

but i have mixed thoughts about it.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BLAS1AN

do your research before you say someone made the "dumbest statement". Want proof... here it is buddy.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/03/38-percent-of-g.html

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BLAS1AN

I think it's a cool addition,i mean it's going to be more interesting to see someones avatar when playing certain games like uno instead of just the gamerpic.

So it's a good idea in my book.

blacktorn

how is that cool? no one is going to make an avatar that looks like themselves are you kidding me. people are going to make there avatars as stupid as they can because it feels stupid to make them.