Australian GTA4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cruxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 cruxe
Member since 2005 • 689 Posts
Any news on what actually has been taken out to comply? Im strongly considering getting the game in aus on release seings as i have paid for it already and then ordering a UK version (PAL) online also...
Radiohead85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Radiohead85
Member since 2003 • 3068 Posts
The word on the street is that there was a particular mission where a weapon gets inserted into an orifice (other than the mouth). That's all they cut out of the Australian version from what I've heard, so there's really not much of a reason to pay extra to import. The whole difference of the game will probably not amount to more than one cutaway shot during a cutscene.
cruxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cruxe
thanks man. i just found a qoute from rockstar aswell

Rockstar have released a brief statement about the Australian edition of GTA4:
While there are some minor differences between the Australian and US/EU versions, they are not significant and we do not believe they take away from the level of scope and detail that make GTA IV such an incredible experience. We would not release the game in Australia if we believed these differences compromised the quality of the game in any way.
cruxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cruxe

*BREAKING NEWS!!!*

AUSTRALIA GETS ITS OWN GTA4 CUSTOM COVER :O

Merc009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Merc009
Member since 2007 • 2620 Posts
^ LOL
cruxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cruxe

i don't know what to believe really. If it is as you said (one camera view in a cut scene) then i think rockstar would have said that so everyone stopped worrying. But the thing i don't get is this "i believe blah blah blah" bs. If it was that minor they would just say what the changes are you would think.. unless they are trying to create more controversy around the game for more advertising or something :?

Anyway i will get it on release. find out online what the ACTUAL differences are and if its any gameplay or significant stuff. i will order a UK version.