attention BFBC2 players

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts

USE SQUADS!!! Seriously it seems like ppl just dnt understand the importance of squad spawning especially in game modes like rush. idk if its just my luck or whatever but i seem to get on teams where no one has a squad.

anyone else having this problem?

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

people are idiots, they are so used to everything being close combat like in mw2 that they dont realize teamwork is needed in bfbc2

johnryandaplin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 johnryandaplin
Member since 2008 • 556 Posts

people are idiots, they are so used to everything being close combat like in mw2 that they dont realize teamwork is needed in bfbc2

laliberte11

yeah, this pretty much sums it up, people get bc2 and expect gameplay like mw2 where you could just rush into the enemy with a shotgun and win, but no, this is bc2, either teamwork or crash and burn

Dave_442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Dave_442
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

Im not sure if you guys have experienced this but a lot of the time when I jump into a game and try to join a squad im unable to. The menu just says "trying to find squad" and it takes a good while for more people to join to actually get me into a squad. Kinda frustrating.

Whats almost as frustrating is joining a squad and then figuring out that the other guys in it are all playing recon and hiding about 100 miles from M-comm stations leaving me with a massive trek everytime I respawn :(

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

I use the squads. Main reason it is more to my advantage as I get more points

Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

What is this "Squads" you speak of? Exotic black voo doo magic?

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 2pac_makaveli

Whats almost as frustrating is joining a squad and then figuring out that the other guys in it are all playing recon and hiding about 100 miles from M-comm stations leaving me with a massive trek everytime I respawn :(

Dave_442
yea far away sniping or at the dang UAV station
jonzilla_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#8 jonzilla_basic
Member since 2002 • 2334 Posts
You are so Right. Squad play is a must.
Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts
I played a game of rush the other day and all 3 members of my squad were all recon and camped in the same position,It goes without saying that we lost pretty bad. As all the other squads were playing similar to mine. bloody MW2 players!!
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="Dave_442"]

2pac_makaveli

UAVs can be helpful, hence why they are there
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#11 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
My biggest gripe is that no one uses mics. It's impossible to coordinate anything and as a result people just run around like cowboys and the whole team suffers.
laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 laliberte11
My biggest gripe is that no one uses mics. It's impossible to coordinate anything and as a result people just run around like cowboys and the whole team suffers. spazzx625
sometimes mics are bad though...like people who try to beat box and rap...then scream something in a high pitched voice :?
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 2pac_makaveli
[QUOTE="2pac_makaveli"][QUOTE="Dave_442"]

chaoscougar1

UAVs can be helpful, hence why they are there

i no uav are very helpful especially at spotting ppl im just sayin it s**** when thats the only other squad member and u spawn far far away
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="spazzx625"]My biggest gripe is that no one uses mics. It's impossible to coordinate anything and as a result people just run around like cowboys and the whole team suffers. laliberte11
sometimes mics are bad though...like people who try to beat box and rap...then scream something in a high pitched voice :?

thank god for party chat!
laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 laliberte11
[QUOTE="laliberte11"][QUOTE="spazzx625"]My biggest gripe is that no one uses mics. It's impossible to coordinate anything and as a result people just run around like cowboys and the whole team suffers. chaoscougar1

thank god for party chat! and muting!!!!!

fixed it
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#16 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
[QUOTE="spazzx625"]My biggest gripe is that no one uses mics. It's impossible to coordinate anything and as a result people just run around like cowboys and the whole team suffers. laliberte11

I'd much rather use the ability to mute someone rather than not be able to talk to anyone on my squad.
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

[QUOTE="laliberte11"]

johnryandaplin

yeah, this pretty much sums it up, people get bc2 and expect gameplay like mw2 where you could just rush into the enemy with a shotgun and win, but no, this is bc2, either teamwork or crash and burn

Exactly.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Can't wait to own this game
lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

Im not sure if you guys have experienced this but a lot of the time when I jump into a game and try to join a squad im unable to. The menu just says "trying to find squad" and it takes a good while for more people to join to actually get me into a squad. Kinda frustrating.

Dave_442
for some reason me and my bro created a squad but then got separated and neither of us were in any squad :?. some times the game will be full 12 on 12 but i still see "searching for squad". at those moments i just cant die (while playing rush) because i know i will have to foot it back >:o. and dont get me started on terrible recon players.
bigredrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bigredrew
Member since 2004 • 104 Posts

I do use squads; however, I've noticed the game doesn't place you in a new squad if your squad members leave between matches. Which kind of sucks if you don't notice it right away :roll:

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Occasionally, I'll daydream of a perfect squad-based BFBC2 scenario where we totally kick a$$, but that never materializes, lol. People are still stuck to the no holds bar, every man for himself attitude.
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 2pac_makaveli

anyone feel free to add me if ya wanna squad it up in rush or conquest. sometimes i have amazing games other times not so amazing ones and i do use a mic

i am usually on between 5pm - 10pm central time

Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chogyam
Member since 2003 • 1887 Posts

try playing on PS3, majority don't squad and minimal headsets. I end up screaming at them and my friends just laugh.

SithWarrior86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SithWarrior86
Member since 2009 • 131 Posts

This is true, people need to get in the squad mentality. When you have one of each class type in your squad and your working together, its a beautiful thing, and so much fun. Another thing people need to use more often is the target marker (back button). You should always mark non-immediate threats so that everyone on your team can see the enemy and get an idea of where they are and how they are moving. You still get +20 just for marking a target that someone else kills. The game rewards you well for playing "correctly."

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 2pac_makaveli

This is true, people need to get in the squad mentality. When you have one of each class type in your squad and your working together, its a beautiful thing, and so much fun. Another thing people need to use more often is the target marker (back button). You should always mark non-immediate threats so that everyone on your team can see the enemy and get an idea of where they are and how they are moving. You still get +20 just for marking a target that someone else kills. The game rewards you well for playing "correctly."

SithWarrior86
yes when u have a medic to heal/revive, an engineer to repair tanks, assault to resupply ammo, a sniper to spot ppl and cover you it is like heaven.
TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

My only complaint is when you are put into a squad that is ALL recon. I hate these squads......We know you think you are cool if you snipe, but in reality you probably suck.

Luckily Im awesome at this game so I do well regardless, just not as well if I had a cooperative squad.

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#27 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

not sure about BC2, but with BC1 i played majority of the time without a mic and communication...and my team worked together FINE. I won many more matches than I lost.

Communication is definitely an advantage...but i dont want to listen to peoples annoying voices, just cant stand it.

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

What is this "Squads" you speak of? Exotic black voo doo magic?

DamianAlexander

hhah xD good one! xD

When u are medic and in squad ... run to everyone and revive them :D
Most points guaranteed :)

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

These aren't just MW2 players, it's console players in general. I love my 360 but its never the place for tactical strategy. Be prepared to only have tactical matches if you're whole team are tactical players you invited.

quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

I do use squads; however, I've noticed the game doesn't place you in a new squad if your squad members leave between matches. Which kind of sucks if you don't notice it right away :roll:

bigredrew

I noticed this, too. It doesn't take long for me to notice, though, since I'm always trying to spawn off someone.

I've got a group of friends that plays this, so I seldom ever play by myself. It's amazing how lopsided the scoreboards end up because usually we're the only real squad of players in a game and we end up wrecking shop each time. It makes a huge difference.

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

Operating in a squad really is the way to go, I know this and I dont even have the game!

Dave_442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dave_442
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

Operating in a squad really is the way to go, I know this and I dont even have the game!

pete_merlin

Haha, you should give it a try. Im not the biggest fan of shooters but I havent been able to put this down.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#33 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

Squad play is the way to go except when everyone is playing as a recon.