Army of Two: Co-Op Multiplayer better than Halo's?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Broken56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Broken56
Member since 2003 • 249 Posts

Do you think that Army of Two's co-op multi-player concept will be recieved with open arms or do you think people out there will reject the idea and stick with free-for-all blood fests?

I know this is a matter of personal preference, but I would still love to hear what eveyone thinks.

Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
Hard to say. I love Co-op though so I am saying yes. Lol.
CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CooVee
Member since 2005 • 2161 Posts
Well it seems the game is being designed with co-op in mind so it wouldn't surprise me if it was better then Halo 3's co-op mode. Still, I just loves me some 4 player online Halo co-op.
guppieface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 guppieface
Member since 2004 • 1085 Posts
halo 3 is such a boring game army of two better beat it, because i am buying it. halo 3 collects dust, boring overhyped trash. i love co-op in all games, i wish all games supported it. especially 2-player co-op on the same system
sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts
We'll see but i dont think they can beat 4 player co-op
Broken56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Broken56
Member since 2003 • 249 Posts
Bump for opinions? -shrug-
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

Hard to say. I love Co-op though so I am saying yes. Lol.Expo_Smacko

I have to say yes because it will bring new aspects to the co-op. I mean, Halo 3 is fun with co-op but it really doesn't give you a real advantage besides having a couple extra buddies playing. With Army of Two you actually get to do things with two players like have one guy hold up the other so he can see over a ledge and shoot guys or have one guy hold up a car door as a shield while the other shoots. Crap, you can stick a tampon in your buddies wound and heal him for crying out loud or drag your wounded buddy while shooting the bad guys! This could be HUGE for co-op games! I can't wait especially after talking to my buddy who played it and said it blew him away!

Seamus3860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Seamus3860
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

[QUOTE="Expo_Smacko"]Hard to say. I love Co-op though so I am saying yes. Lol.nickdastick

I have to say yes because it will bring new aspects to the co-op. I mean, Halo 3 is fun with co-op but it really doesn't give you a real advantage besides having a couple extra buddies playing. With Army of Two you actually get to do things with two players like have one guy hold up the other so he can see over a ledge and shoot guys or have one guy hold up a car door as a shield while the other shoots. Crap, you can stick a tampon in your buddies wound and heal him for crying out loud or drag your wounded buddy while shooting the bad guys! This could be HUGE for co-op games! I can't wait especially after talking to my buddy who played it and said it blew him away!

Couldn't agree more. Reminds me of Splinter Cell's co-op, but on steroids. Looking forward to it.

outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts
halo 3 is such a boring game army of two better beat it, because i am buying it. halo 3 collects dust, boring overhyped trash. i love co-op in all games, i wish all games supported it. especially 2-player co-op on the same systemguppieface
amen brother
bobbyD213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bobbyD213
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts
If you have a good friend to play this with, then for sure.
outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts

If you have a good friend to play this with, then for sure.bobbyD213

and or casual brother that loves co-op games

ZOnikJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZOnikJJ
Member since 2007 • 1135 Posts
The co-op appears to be more intricate with the whole aggro system and all. I would expect the co-op to be better anyway because that is the main focus of the game. I think people will love the idea. I imagine it to be a better version of the Gears of War co-op.
Alpha172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Alpha172
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
Army of Two's Co-Op would be alittle similar to Gears of War, e.g. Blood sprayed on screen. Except Gears did not feature two man tactics!
CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CooVee
Member since 2005 • 2161 Posts
Well it seems Army of Two has been pushed back to early 2008 so you have some more time to discuss this.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#15 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
It should be, Army of Two was built with co-op in mind. It was nice to have it in Halo 3 but it didn't really add anything new to the game or even make the game much harder.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

Well it seems Army of Two has been pushed back to early 2008 so you have some more time to discuss this.CooVee

Yeah and that sucks because I was totally pumped to pick it up in a few weeks... oh well, at least CoD4 will be in soon! I can't wait for that game!