Anyone play with a 360 on top of Xbone?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

So I just brought the 360 out of retirement to finally start Just Cause and I stood it up next to my Blu-Ray shelf because that's the only spot I have for it. but now I found out it won't read. The only other option is to rest it flat on top of my Xbox One, but I don't think that's safe. Has anyone done this?

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

When stacking any components, look at where they vent and don't block them. Almost don't have the exhaust from one blowing into the intake of another. Both the XB1 and the 360 have top vents so you really can't stack anything on top of them safely.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#3 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Ugh... this is so annoying. I have no idea where to put it now. I wish it was able to read standing up. Anyone know of any ways to fix a 360 so that it plays standing up again?

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

I've seen some 360 stands with fans in them but why not just a monitor shelf? Just make sure it's tall enough to give you a couple inches gap from the top of the unit to the bottom of the shelf. Here's am example of what I'm talking about: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006HVM5E. The 360 should fit under the smaller one at 11" of space between the legs and the XB1 under the wider one with 16" between the legs. That's based on my 360 slim model.