Anyone not care for achievements really?...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demonik_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 demonik_360
Member since 2006 • 1850 Posts
idk i mean i see why people like them but i honestly just dont care for them...what do you think about them?
chipface-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 chipface-z
Member since 2006 • 1336 Posts
I don't really care for them. I've got a buddy who plays ishtty games though just to get achievements. I don't quite understand the whole thing with playing crap games just for achievements. I think that playing for achievements makes it a chore and takes the fun out of gaming.
Nocky321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nocky321
Member since 2005 • 737 Posts
Same here, if i get em..i get em and if i dont....i dont. Not particularly bothered so long as im having fun playing the game.
chipface-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chipface-z
Member since 2006 • 1336 Posts
And that's what gaming's about to me, fun, not achievements. Like I've said, playing for achievements just feels like a chore.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
I like achievements, I like them alot. Why? Because I'm giving games I'd of never taken a second look at a chance in my console. My most recent surprise being Phantasy Star Universe. I got it for free and kept it in the shrink wrap thinking I'd sell it based on the review, well I popped it in yesterday to get some points and freaking love it. Go figure.
KorovaDeDroog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 KorovaDeDroog
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I don't care about getting achievements at all. I'd much rather enjoy the game without worrying about how many kills I get in one life. Maybe if the gamerscore actually DID something, then I'd care. Like have a certain amount of gamerscore be redeemable for Microsoft points or something.
demonik_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 demonik_360
I like achievements, I like them alot. Why? Because I'm giving games I'd of never taken a second look at a chance in my console. My most recent surprise being Phantasy Star Universe. I got it for free and kept it in the shrink wrap thinking I'd sell it based on the review, well I popped it in yesterday to get some points and freaking love it. Go figure.TheSystemLord1
Noob, you actually listen to reviews? lmao do some reserch-its not hard :8
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

I find it strange if you don't care for them at all, why you would put your gamercard in your sig.

I do like them. They are cool. I don't care for the total score, but I do like the score per-game. That's what I'm interested in. But I don't go playing games I'm not interested in just so I can boost my score.

demonik_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 demonik_360
Same here, if i get em..i get em and if i dont....i dont. Not particularly bothered so long as im having fun playing the game.Nocky321
I like the way you think! i wish they wouldnt have put achievemtns on the xbox but oh well its there
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
My brother doesn't care for achievements them.  And I love them.  The only thing I hate about it is its a hard word to spell lol
demonik_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 demonik_360

I find it strange if you don't care for them at all, why you would put your gamercard in your sig.

I do like them. They are cool. I don't care for the total score, but I do like the score per-game. That's what I'm interested in. But I don't go playing games I'm not interested in just so I can boost my score.

FearlessSpirit
i put it in my sif for friend request
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FearlessSpirit

[QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"]I like achievements, I like them alot. Why? Because I'm giving games I'd of never taken a second look at a chance in my console. My most recent surprise being Phantasy Star Universe. I got it for free and kept it in the shrink wrap thinking I'd sell it based on the review, well I popped it in yesterday to get some points and freaking love it. Go figure.demonik_360

I would take a good review over some guys opinion any day. And the review was dead on. PSU is good for fans but for me, it's total crap.

You have remember reviews are for the majority of the people. Not for the small bunch. And opinions differ, but you can always use a review to get more information.

demonik_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 demonik_360

[QUOTE="demonik_360"][QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"]I like achievements, I like them alot. Why? Because I'm giving games I'd of never taken a second look at a chance in my console. My most recent surprise being Phantasy Star Universe. I got it for free and kept it in the shrink wrap thinking I'd sell it based on the review, well I popped it in yesterday to get some points and freaking love it. Go figure.FearlessSpirit

I would take a good review over some guys opinion any day. And the review was dead on. PSU is good for fans but for me, it's total crap.

You have remember reviews are for the majority of the people. Not for the small bunch. And opinions differ, but you can always use a review to get more information.

i read reviews but there not the sole thing that makes me buy that game :P ...
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FearlessSpirit
[QUOTE="FearlessSpirit"]

[QUOTE="demonik_360"][QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"]I like achievements, I like them alot. Why? Because I'm giving games I'd of never taken a second look at a chance in my console. My most recent surprise being Phantasy Star Universe. I got it for free and kept it in the shrink wrap thinking I'd sell it based on the review, well I popped it in yesterday to get some points and freaking love it. Go figure.demonik_360

i read reviews but there not the sole thing that makes me buy that game :P ...

I didn't say it should be. Actually, it would be quite foolish if you did. I just meant it gives a reasonably good view of the game and some useful information. But it's more useful then user opinions, in my opinion. Because there are few users who have the same taste as me apperently. If I go by that, I would be buying the wrong games all the time.

stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
I think you do care a little being ou have your gamercard in your sig, but looking at your score, I guess it's primarly for letting people know your live tag and which games you play....but I'm with you on not caring...mostly because I don't own enough games to get a high score, but I do enjoy have some goals playing the game.
grandstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 grandstroker
Member since 2005 • 281 Posts
I personally love the achievement point system, gives every game that much more replayability. plus, some of them are actually pretty fun to get.
Avatar image for MJ0LNIR_SPARTAN
MJ0LNIR_SPARTAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MJ0LNIR_SPARTAN
Member since 2007 • 409 Posts
I'm so and so. If I really enjoy the game yeah i'll get as many achievements as I can but still keep playing the game even after that. Other wise I don't play dumb games just for points becuase they don't get you anything.
ihateyou_right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 ihateyou_right
Member since 2005 • 1295 Posts
I will play for them sometimes because I find them fun but Ill also just play a game for the pure fun of it and if I unlock an achievement then thats even better.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
I'm so and so. If I really enjoy the game yeah i'll get as many achievements as I can but still keep playing the game even after that. Other wise I don't play dumb games just for points becuase they don't get you anything.MJ0LNIR_SPARTAN
I find that amazing with a gs of 23,756
Avatar image for sfgiantsfan8291
sfgiantsfan8291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 sfgiantsfan8291
Member since 2005 • 12011 Posts
I like them, but i dont obsess over them or anything.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
I havent gone out of my way to get an achievement once. If I get one, then yay. Otherwise, whatever...
shummie123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shummie123
Member since 2005 • 70 Posts
I don't care for my gamerscore or how that compares to to someone else but I do enjoy trying to get the achievements, for the challenge really. However I don't do any achievements that I don't think would be fun, e.g. Winning all the different league titles on Pro Evo, but yet I loved trying to win all the cup ones.
Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#23 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
I personally love the achievements system. Sadly, people who play for the gamer points rather than actually "enjoying" a game seems to out number us laid back gamers.
About gamers who do go out of their way to play garbage games and get easy points, grow up! Playing thru a game that gives you points for completing simple things such as levels is a given, it was gonna happen with or without achievements. You get nothing for having a bigger score other than braggin rights, which is silly when you notice some wanna be hardcore players have thousands of points from kid games :roll:

Something about using achievements for each game should be done more like Dead Rising, allowing gamers to see more specific things you've done rather than saying you did or didn't get all 1,000 points... some lame-O's I tell ya...
Avatar image for inglewoodreside
inglewoodreside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 inglewoodreside
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Just got 10,000 gamerscore, and i dont play crappy games. I like it in some ways.
cclbiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cclbiah
Member since 2003 • 902 Posts
well I dont rent terrible games just to get achievments, but I like getting them in the games I enjoy, its something to strive for at least other than just telling people.."oh, yea...I beat that game" they can actually see tht you beat it and be like, "ohh...hes good"...they are addicting