anyone here feel weird after they play rb or gh

This topic is locked from further discussion.

supraman209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 supraman209
Member since 2008 • 242 Posts
after i play rockband and like pause the game during the middle of the song and look at the notes like my eyes make it seem like the screen is riseing and wat ever i stare at and object it start to rise anyone else have this problem and if it is can u tell me wats wrong with my eyes (sorry for my spelling i just type however lol)
Ibaapzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ibaapzo
Member since 2003 • 253 Posts
Yeah... It's called motion sickness. XD If you move your body in circles, the room around you will spin after you move physically. Since you are watching a television move, constantly, in the up direction, your eyes naturally get used to it, otherwise you go into a state of shock or seizures. Fun stuff, right? It's a defense mechanism. I may have no clue what I'm talking about, but from what I know, that's what I'd assume.
supraman209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 supraman209
Member since 2008 • 242 Posts
Yeah... It's called motion sickness. XD If you move your body in circles, the room around you will spin after you move physically. Since you are watching a television move, constantly, in the up direction, your eyes naturally get used to it, otherwise you go into a state of shock or seizures. Fun stuff, right? It's a defense mechanism. I may have no clue what I'm talking about, but from what I know, that's what I'd assume.Ibaapzo
k umm i just spinned around for a while and the room didnt spin in circles oh and can u stop motion sickness?
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
drink water and sleep.
Losarii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Losarii
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts

Yeah, I get the same feeling.

Worse part, though, is the finger pain.

Snow7_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Snow7_77
Member since 2004 • 86 Posts

Nothings wrong if it stops after a couple of seconds. Close your eyes and count to 10, and open them. It should have stopped rising. Your eyes just got used to the motion. Same reason optical illusions work, like staring at a dot then looking at a area without a dot and seeing the dot. Your eyes just mimic what it thinks should be happening.

It's not motion sickness, motion sickness will make you dizzy and nauseas, and it lasts for awhile.

Now if it doesn't stop scrolling in like a minute, then you should probably get some help.

kissmybuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kissmybuns
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

actually i asked my doctor about this and its not motion sickness. your eyes are compensating for the strain on your pupils when you are trying to percieve artificial depth (the notes that are coming at you in the game) when your pupils are constantly dialating and expanding they have a tendancy to keep doing it after your finished playing the game. there really isnt anything you can do about it with the exception of not playing for extended periods of time ( believe me that isn't easy)

and as par as the spinning thing goes, i dont get that problem... maybe you should have that looked at?

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#8 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Sometimes while sitting and playing, would get an almost dazed feel, kind of like when daydreaming and would actually play better as wasnt thinking of the game at all.
Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts
Strange, that has never happened to me.
Firehawk122094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Firehawk122094
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts
No, the only weird thing that happens to me is that like 3 hours after I'm done playing I have a sudden urge to put my hands in a Guitar-playing position... The weird effect only happens to me on Dead Rising. I pause the game and my Eyes go out of focus... then I feel really weird.