Anyone ever experience disc scratching?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eye_See

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Eye_See
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts
Recently i bought cod4 and i had a disc read error. It wasn't normal this time, however. Upon rebooting the game I got a message in sever different languages saying, "please insert disc into and xbox 360 system." I brought the disc to my local gamecrazy, and they buffed it out to eliminate the scratches that had appeared on the disc after it was making scratching noises in my disc drive, then gave me that disc read error. Even after it was buffed, the disc worked for about the same amount of time before the same thing happened. This has never happened with any other game disc. My question is, is it just some discs that this occurs with? I know i have heard cases where it has happened to ther people.
THEWINDWAKER10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 THEWINDWAKER10
Member since 2004 • 509 Posts

That happened when I put my copy of Orange Box in my friends 360. We just let it sit for a while and then tried again.

But if you're having consistent problems, opt for a replacement disc, and if that doesn't work, call Microsoft.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
yeah happened to me with halo3 and Cod4. I replaced it at the store. and there is a 90days warranty for ANY game from the publishers. check the last page of the gamemanual
El-Visitante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 El-Visitante
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts
I haven't had that problem, but I have a problem in that when I eject my games (from the dashboard) my tray opens and the games are still spinning in they tray, wtf?!!! It's happening alot lately but the strange thing is that it doesnt do it to my copies of COD4, Halo3, Assassins Creed or The Orange Box, everything else comes out spinning in all their glory. I just don't want my games to start getting scratched. Can anyone help?
SCfan919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SCfan919
Member since 2005 • 518 Posts
Yes...you probablly need to send your 360 in for repairs. If it is making scratching noisy. I had to. It scratched up about 3 of my games. What happens is the laser that reads the disc becomes unbalanced, which scratches the disc. I got a brand new console manufactured in the same month that I sent mine off :)
El-Visitante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 El-Visitante
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts

Yes...you probablly need to send your 360 in for repairs. If it is making scratching noisy. I had to. It scratched up about 3 of my games. What happens is the laser that reads the disc becomes unbalanced, which scratches the disc. I got a brand new console manufactured in the same month that I sent mine off :)SCfan919

That's just the thing though, it doesn't make any strange noises and it runs perfectly efficient whilst I play my games. It has never frozen, it has never given me any disc read error messages, never makes strange noises or anything that would give me any indication of damage or failure. It's just like I said, when I open the tray the discs are still spinning, but it also doesn't leave any marks/scratches or cracks on my discs, huh?:cry:. Another strange thing is that this happens only to my older games(gears, graw2,dead rising etc...) wierd huh? I guess I'll call microsoft and figure out whether or not I need to send it in.

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BlindEffekt
Member since 2007 • 897 Posts
i am listening to band of horses - the funeral